join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

reply to brn2rn

Re: Multi-Room DVR questions

Samsung boxes have no disk drives or enough ram to buffer live tv
I don't think it is a legal issue since the SA boxes can rewind live tv up to an hour

I think cablevision should have deployed non dvr boxes with at least enough memory to handle 15 minutes of HD programming in a buffer
(Or enable USB port for flash drives to act as buffer)

This way we could rewind live tv a little and when viewing recorded shows having a buffer would eliminate most of the command lag

That would be a good compromise in my book

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

They still have millions of SA non DVR boxes deployed. So while they could buy more expensive boxes, it would get very expensive if a lot of people have the network DVR and needed to upgrade to the new box.

Given the hardware they have in the field, the only way to do it would violate copyright law.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
kudos:1
reply to dm145

The buffer is legal issue with DVR+ because they would be recording something for you without you specifically requesting it which was the whole legal issue with the remote storage.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

Please explain why it is not a legal issue on my sa8300?
I have a one hour buffer without requesting it?
And with FIOS you can flip back and forth between two channels and keep said buffer?