uniqs
share rss forum feed

ceciledian

join:2003-01-10
Cedar Hill, TX
Reviews:
·WildBlue

[Modem] ATT 2Wire Modem DSL light flashing red

In June I cancelled my ATT DSL service. I had it reconnected three weeks ago. I'm using the same modem, same devices, but the connection keeps dropping. I did not have that problem before. The DSL light flashes red for a few seconds, then appears to reset and the connection restores after a couple minutes. This goes on constantly. It happens most often when I'm browsing the internet with the Mac Air and try to connect to a new web page. I've tried both Chrome and Safari, same problem. I have not changed any settings on my devices. If I keep a radio stream running on iTunes the connection will usually stay up. It's mostly ok with the iPad (sometimes pages are really slow to load) and no problems at all with the Lenovo for work, but that's all VPN to company systems. Any ideas? I can't even get the ATT page to load right now.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

You say you haven't changed any settings. You also say you don't lose sync while streaming. Does the 2Wire have an option for "Always attempt to connect/Connect on demand"? That is an "either/or" choice; your description suggests the modem is set to, "Connect on demand".
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum