Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sergo

join:2007-11-12
Kitchener, ON

Bluevox.net experience

Does anybody have any experience
with Bluevox and their customer service?
»www.bluevox.net/

Their trial does involve recurring $9.99/month payment.

mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA
kudos:4
Of all those free calls to several countries, this one has a coverage of Indonesia. I wonder what is their upper limit cap for unlimited. I also wonder if it supports any SIP registration.
--
don't and stop are the ONLY two 4-letter words considered offensive to men, but not when used together.

PX Eliezer
Premium
join:2013-03-10
Graustark
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Optimum Voice
·callwithus
·Callcentric
reply to Sergo
Here's one post from Howard Forums:
»www.howardforums.com/showthread.···-Bluevox

Here's the Twitter page of their CEO:
»twitter.com/gonzal3x

-----

Am I understanding that you have to call a local access number to use this service? I am not seeing a list of those numbers, and that could be an issue. It could cut into the overall expected savings.

brg

join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL
kudos:1
reply to mazilo
said by mazilo:

I wonder what is their upper limit cap for unlimited.

3000 min/month. It's all here:

»www.bluevox.net/policy.php

mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium
Lilburn, GA
said by brg:

said by mazilo:

I wonder what is their upper limit cap for unlimited.

3000 min/month.

Thank you. That's like 100 minutes/day for 33¢. Not that bad at all. The only draw back is the service doesn't support SIP registration.
--
don't and stop are the ONLY two 4-letter words considered offensive to men, but not when used together.

vasanthtcs

join:2013-10-01

1 edit
reply to Sergo
I've been using this for about 3 weeks now. Call quality is OK. I felt Vonage was better. But as far as countries I need India and Kuwait. Vonage does not offer me Kuwait. So bluevox is better there. CS said there is no limit to the usage. It is real unlimited unlike vonage where they charge you if you go beyond 3000 minutes. There are several access numbers provided just like any other calling card. No toll free access numbers.

I am going to stick to this service unless the quality goes down further.

****Edit : Sorry the unlimited minutes is not true. Looks like the limit if 3000 min/month like Vonage.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Cyberspace
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
reply to mazilo
said by mazilo:

The only draw back is the service doesn't support SIP registration.

More draw backs:

• You are only allowed to make calls on Sundays.
• You are not allowed to make calls during business hours.
• You are not allowed to make "Consecutive time frame calls", whatever that means.
• You are not allowed to call the same number often. Bad luck if you want to use the account to call your girl friend while she's abroad.

said by »www.bluevox.net/policy.php :

BlueVox can suspend or cancel any account without explanation or delay. By unusual pattern we include:
- Repetitive same number called with high frequency,
- Calls made during business hours and week days,
- Consecutive timeframe calls,

However, you are not forbidden to share your account with other people, you only "don't need to permit others people" to use your account.

You absolutly don't need to permit others people (INCLUDING members of your family living with you) to use your BlueVox account.

--
My VoIP News

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
Cyberspace
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
reply to PX Eliezer
said by PX Eliezer:

that you have to call a local access number to use this service? I am not seeing a list of those numbers,

You can see the list of the 86 local access numbers at »www.bluevox.net/accesspoints.php

The numbers are very easy to remember as they all are "XXXXXXXXXX".
--
My VoIP News

PX Eliezer
Premium
Graustark
Reviews:
·Optimum Voice
·callwithus
·Callcentric
said by Arne Bolen:

You can see the list of the 86 local access numbers at »www.bluevox.net/accesspoints.php

The numbers are very easy to remember as they all are "XXXXXXXXXX".

For New York City it lists:

XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX

Wonder which one I should use?

-----

Yes, they do seem to have an interesting list of restrictions, especially about not making calls on weekdays.

As I type this I have an incredible sense of deja vu. I hope that we are not stuck in a time loop.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
Cyberspace
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
said by PX Eliezer:

Yes, they do seem to have an interesting list of restrictions, especially about not making calls on weekdays.

I hereby announce the launch of my new VoIP service with unlimited calls to any country in the world. Monthly price is only $9.99.

There is only one single item in the fine print.
"Free calls can only be made on Feb 29. On any other day the charge is only $9.99 per minute."

--
My VoIP News

Sergo

join:2007-11-12
Kitchener, ON
reply to Arne Bolen
%u2022 You are only allowed to make calls on Sundays.
Is this a joke, or serious?

I am considering them,
but how easy is to cancel, if something goes wrong?
At sign-up you give them permission for recurring payment every month?
How much notice do I have to give them before cancelling?

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom

Re: Bluevox.xxx experience

said by Sergo:

...I am considering them

An observation, if I may. Many of us are awestruck by the fact that you have continued to show interest in a company/product that obviously has a laughable business plan ... as reported by some of our most knowledgeable members in their posts (before they moved from the sublime to the ridiculous).

At this point, me thinks some leg-pulling is afoot!

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2
reply to Sergo

Re: Bluevox.net experience

said by Arne Bolen:

said by mazilo:

The only draw back is the service doesn't support SIP registration.

More draw backs:

• You are only allowed to make calls on Sundays.
• You are not allowed to make calls during business hours.
• You are not allowed to make "Consecutive time frame calls", whatever that means.
• You are not allowed to call the same number often. Bad luck if you want to use the account to call your girl friend while she's abroad.

BlueVox can suspend or cancel any account without explanation or delay. By unusual pattern we include:
- Repetitive same number called with high frequency,
- Calls made during business hours and week days,
- Consecutive timeframe calls,

However, you are not forbidden to share your account with other people, you only "don't need to permit others people" to use your account.

You absolutly don't need to permit others people (INCLUDING members of your family living with you) to use your BlueVox account.

said by Sergo:

%u2022 You are only allowed to make calls on Sundays.
Is this a joke, or serious?

No, not serious. Calls on Saturday are okay, too.

BlueVox has an interesting Fair Use Policy that _may_ consider "Calls made during business hours and week days" as "suspect activity".

[Disclaimer - I define business hours as Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM, and week days as Monday through Friday. RBOC's may have a different definition, as may BlueVox.]

said by Sergo:

but how easy is to cancel, if something goes wrong?
At sign-up you give them permission for recurring payment every month?
How much notice do I have to give them before cancelling?

From the BlueVox FAQ:

How BlueVox works ?

BlueVox is working exactly like a calling card, but unlimited. You need to call the nearest access point (landline number) and dial the number to call. If you register your phone number in your account first, no PIN code is needed !

Is the price tax included ?

The price is $9.99 by month with automatic billing, including taxes and no other fee. Payments are processed by Paypal and you can cancel your subscription at any time with no contract.

How is the call quality

Call quality is exactly like a landline call, and also depends to the local carrier in the country you call. In the most of cases, quality is really good

Any contract or credit check ?

NO ! We use automatic billing each month for added convenience but you can't cancel your subscription at any time. You can cancel your subscription trought the Paypal website or just ask our support team ! No credit check required and you can subscribe from outside US

How many phone number can I add on my accont ?

You can add up to 2 phone numbers or use PIN number from unregistred phone. Please note that PIN number will be removed soon, adding your phone number to your account is the best way to use our service.

mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium
Lilburn, GA
said by SCADAGeo:

NO ! We use automatic billing each month for added convenience but you can't cancel your subscription at any time.

Is that can't a typo?
--

PX Eliezer
Premium
Graustark
Reviews:
·Optimum Voice
·callwithus
·Callcentric
said by mazilo:

said by SCADAGeo:

NO ! We use automatic billing each month for added convenience but you can't cancel your subscription at any time.

Is that can't a typo?

Perhaps.

Or they may be devilishly clever!

[Yes, we TOLD you that you can't cancel at any time!]

SCADAGeo

N California
reply to Sergo
said by PX Eliezer:

said by mazilo:

said by SCADAGeo:

Is that can't a typo?

Perhaps.

[Yes, we TOLD you that you can't cancel at any time!]

Their FAQ was copied and pasted here.

A little clean up, testing, and polishing would improve the quality of their web pages.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
Cyberspace
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
reply to PX Eliezer
said by PX Eliezer:

That's likely to be true. What appears to be typos could be a smart way of getting rid of customers using their service too much.

Unprofitable customers are not welcome.
Do not use the service when you need it, like during business hours and week days.

The best customers are those who pay every month without using a single minute.
--
My VoIP News

Alex_BlueVox

@comcast.net
said by Arne Bolen:

said by PX Eliezer:

That's likely to be true. What appears to be typos could be a smart way of getting rid of customers using their service too much.

Unprofitable customers are not welcome.
Do not use the service when you need it, like during business hours and week days.

The best customers are those who pay every month without using a single minute.

Hi Everybody,

I'm Alex, CEO of BlueVox.

First of all, thanks for your interest in BlueVox.

BlueVox is the first unlimited calling card and offers unlimited calls to 85 countries (most of them to landlines and mobiles) for $9.99/month.

Let me just give more details about our service :

- BlueVox is working, EVERYDAY, EVERY TIME...
- We have a 3000 minutes fair use policy to prevent frauds and reselling by call shops or call center, I assume that. However, 99% of our customers use less than 3000 minutes/month.
- You can cancel at any time and your payment is managed by Paypal, so it's 100% safe. Sorry for the typo on the FAQ, I will correct it.
- Our service is new, 2 month ago, and is not perfect. We know that and we continue to improve our service everyday.

Now, let's just think about our rates. If you call one of the cheaper country in world with a VOIP or calling service, USA or India by example, what is the cheaper per minute rate ? Approx. $0.01/minute.
It's $30 for 3000 minutes. No more explication is needed. Check your usage and the rate of your actual provider and you'll be aware to decide if BlueVox can help you.

Stay tuned, we will offers a lot of new exciting services next months.

Don't hesitate if you have any question, my email is open : alex@bluevox.net

Thanks !

mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium
Lilburn, GA
said by Alex_BlueVox :

- BlueVox is working, EVERYDAY, EVERY TIME...

A public service system just needs to be offline for a few minutes to get complains by its users, let alone one hour or even one day.

Hi Alex,

I am glad you could make it here. Welcome to the forum.

Your ToS is very ambiguous and I have several questions.

1. As pointed out here, is it true calls are only allowed on weekends, i.e. not during business hours?
    2. Is it true no consecutive time frame calls are allowed even the call gets disrupted/disconnected for whatever reasons?
    3. Is it also true calls to the same number isn't allowed?

Once you have clarified the above, I will be more than happy to recommend your services to some of my clients who place frequent calls to some destinations on your service list. Honestly, I don't know how this will benefit you because some of my clients are known to be very frugal on their expenses. They maximize the gain on any services they pay. In other words, they will use up almost all allowable 3,000 minutes/month, i.e. probably up to - 0.1% allowable minutes / month. Just to give you some ideas. If your dashboard has an option to tally up the usage minutes/month, they will compare it with their own to make sure your services don't cheat them!
--

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom
reply to Alex_BlueVox
Welcome to the Forums, Alex Gonzalez.

To those of us who are not familiar with you, I reference »www.activepbx.com/blog/.

Suspicion is often generated by conflicting information obtained from web searches. For example, in the »www.howardforums.com/showthread.···-Bluevox reference noted earlier by Gershom 1624, cizake writes "Recently I came across Bluevox.net..." in a post dated 8/27/13 ... yet, Yahoo Finance shows a PRNeswire report ... »finance.yahoo.com/news/bluevox-n···953.html ... dated 9/10/13 indicating that "BlueVox.net launches today a new unlimited long distance voice plan." ... two weeks after cizake's post.    
Hmmm!  Curious, indeed.

As you can tell, a lot of confusion has been generated in this thread regarding BlueVox. Much of this is due to the poorly written and somewhat baffling TOS (labelled as Fair Use Policy on the website): »www.bluevox.net/policy.php.   Indeed, given that BlueVox is marketing ... not necessarily exclusively ... to the US and Canada, the poorly worded English language document may turn potential customers away.

Incidentally, the TOS states: "Repetitive calls made during business hours and week days" will flag abuse of service; so, weekday calls are not prohibited! I interpret "repetitive" to mean high volume calls that would suggest use by a call center.

Attn Mods: Knowing our esteemed Moderators' dislikes for corrections of posters' syntax, sentence structure, word usage, I offer Alex the opportunity to IM me for for specific "constructive suggestions" for improving the TOS. Keep in mind that I am not correcting a BBR Forums poster/post; rather, I am commenting on a public document (TOS) contained on a corporate website.  Possibly the Moderators will indulge just a few constructive suggestions "in the open!"

• "...is applicable to all account accounts created on BlueVox.net for personal and commercial accounts use."
• "You absolutely don't need to cannot permit others other people..."
• "Each company must be created and pay one account by each user intended to use BlueVox." [???]
• "Each of the following items are is considered by abusive or imperssible impermissible usage"

It is oft-mentioned in these Forums that all venders' English language websites should be written by or at least proofread by someone with good language skills whose first language is English.

Alex_BlueVox

@comcast.net
hi N9MD,

I understand your confusion, but in fact it's very simple. BlueVox has been developed during 6 month, from February 2013. I have launched the service and started the ads on July 31th exactly. But it was an holiday period and I wait September to send the PR.

BTW it's common to send a PR some days or weeks after launching a product, after getting the feedback of first users.

I also understand that our Fair Use Policy is not clear and need some adjustment, but if I'm right only 3 users has been suspended (and refunded) due to our Fair Use Policy as of today.

English is not our first language (we're french) and I will hire a native english writer to review all the website and make sure that all is comprehensible.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Alex

Alex_BlueVox

@comcast.net
reply to mazilo
Hi Mazilo,

TOS are here to protect all users, not to cause any inconvenience for "normal" users.

1 / No, it's not true. Calls are allowed 24/7. We never block a call during a specific period, in this case is not a unlimited product.
2/ We never block someone for repetitive calls. It's on our Fair Use Policy to prevent the usage of dialer or other automated systems.
3/ No, it's not true.

If you have a BlueVox account you can saw the number of minutes used and the call history. You also can charge funds to your account to call uncovered countries at a special per minute rate.

Let me know if you have any other question.

Alex.

mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium
Lilburn, GA
Hi Alex,

Thank you for your quick response with clarifications. At least, I can now start to recommend this BlueVox services to my clients.

Just thought of a question: R U planning in the near future to provide a SIP registration capability so that end users can register their ATA device and/or IP PBX system to your SIP server to directly place the call, instead of needing to first place a call to your local gateway?
--

Alex_BlueVox

@connectregus.com
We still thinking about that, maybe as an option.

But we will offer soon a domestic service with an incoming number and ATA box.

Thanks.

mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium
Lilburn, GA
said by Alex_BlueVox :

We still thinking about that, maybe as an option.

I am glad to hear that.

But we will offer soon a domestic service with an incoming number and ATA box.

That will be cool. Perhaps, include a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) as an option.
--

vasanthtcs

join:2013-10-01
reply to Sergo
Good to see Bluevox coming in and explaing the ToS better. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now, and I am never going back to Vonage.

BYOD feature will be great. I am now using a unlocked Vonage VDV22 adapter with google voice. I could reconfigure it with bluevox.

SCADAGeo

N California
reply to Sergo
said by Alex_BlueVox :

Hi Everybody,

I'm Alex, CEO of BlueVox.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

said by mazilo:

Thank you for your quick response with clarifications. At least, I can now start to recommend this BlueVox services to my clients.

I am curious about recommendations without personal experience...

Here are a couple of promo codes that may be helpful:

DISRUPT - trial month at $7.99 (link posted by N9MD See Profile)
   ACCHA5 - $5 free credit to call uncovered countries (unknown roll over) (SlickDeals.net)

[Disclaimer - promo codes may be valid for a limited time and/or limited use, unknown if stackable, and of course, your mileage may vary.]

mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium
Lilburn, GA
said by SCADAGeo:

Here are a couple of promo codes that may be helpful:

DISRUPT - trial month at $7.99 (link posted by N9MD See Profile)
   ACCHA5 - $5 free credit to call uncovered countries (unknown roll over) (SlickDeals.net)

[Disclaimer - promo codes may be valid for a limited time and/or limited use, unknown if stackable, and of course, your mileage may vary.]

I wonder when they are going to expire or has any been expired?
--

Alex_BlueVox

@comcast.net
Hi,

DISRUPT is already expired but ACCHA5 is working !

Thanks.

Alex

upol

@rr.com
reply to Sergo
First they tricked you to pay with paypal or credit card and then you found their system does not work at all. I am trying to call Cellular in Bangladesh. But I can not make a single cellular call in Bangladesh. There is no way to get your money back.