Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
·Comcast XFINITY

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Social Security and Medicare sites are up

Social Security and Medicare sites are up and running. The checks are going out as planned.

I personally think they could shut down the postal service partially and deliver only first class mail and packages. I don't care to get the junk mail that ends up in the shred bin. Most of the junk mail is either political garbage or advertisements for Chinese restaurants. We never get the Val pack coupons anymore. Grandma used to get a ton of junk mail at her house when she was living at home like TONS of charities that disguise their crap to look like bills so the seniors pull out their check books and hand over what little cash they have to charities I've never heard of like the prostate cancer foundation (my grandmothers husband actually handed money to them) or smile train.

I wish the FTC would require that charities put on their solicitations in boldface "this is a solicitation for charity, any payment made is a voluntary contribution. This is NOT a bill". Seniors can be deceived very easily and hand over their money more than they should.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

1 recommendation

OSUGoose

You do realize the junk mail is the reason why it don't cost 1.00 to mail a letter.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
YES what happened to the Val pack coupons?? I haven't seen them in a few years now.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

They are still up and running. Each area was sold or shut down. They are now franchises.
TBBroadband

TBBroadband to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
the USPS is basically it's own company. very little comes from the gov't. Why do you think they changed from .gov to .com. The same as Amtrak- another private/public business the gov't owns.