October 29 - November 5
Channels1450-1454 in HD
Channels 1490-1499 in SD

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

[Channels] Re: Free Preview of NBA League pass

Thanks! I'll be watching for sure!,Although the only games i've been able to find on my tivo guide as of yesterday were nba games on NBA TV channel 589.
celticpride

celticpride

Anon

OOPS! the games i searched for were for preseason games, the ones you listed are for the regular season. I'll still be watching!

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

what the heck am i the only nba fan on verizon??? why are there no pre season games in the guide for today? i want to watch the raptors celtics game t 4:30 p.m.!

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by celticpride :

what the heck am i the only nba fan on verizon??? why are there no pre season games in the guide for today? i want to watch the raptors celtics game t 4:30 p.m.!

the basketball season hasn't started yet?

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

The preseason has started and we usually get all the preseason games as well as the regular season games. I know directv has tonights game listed in their guide. I called verizon and the csr sad i should have the games ,she told me to go to www,getbasketball.com. but i'm not having luck with tha so i''' check the dirct forum and also call tivo.

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy to celticpride

to celticpride
no one cares about pre-season games ...the games that matter are the ones I watch, not pre-season where the 12th guy on the bench who'll never play during the regular season plays the entire game...same goes for NFL pre-season

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

Sorry Titus Troy but i disagree 100% with you,In last nights game celtics rookie guard phil pressy led a furious comeback by the celtics in the 4th quarter after trailing by 15 points only to see the knicks win on a shot by nba rookie tim hardway jr. this is why i love preseason games ,watching the rookies and new players your team got in trades. Maybe my passion and loyalty to my team is more than a casual fans. I have been a celtics fan for over 50 years!
celticpride

celticpride

Anon

I just found some of my celtics game in my tivo guide on espn and nba league pass channel 1450 starting on october 15, so finally verizon will start showing pre-season games like i thought they always did!!

TitusTroy
New York, NY

TitusTroy to celticpride

to celticpride
said by celticpride :

Maybe my passion and loyalty to my team is more than a casual fans. I have been a celtics fan for over 50 years!

you're going to need that passion this year as it's going to be a long year for the guys in green...hopefully they lose enough to get the #1 pick in next year's very strong draft class (Andrew Wiggins!)
byron
Premium Member
join:2004-06-16
South Orange, NJ

byron to FIOS4cable

Premium Member

to FIOS4cable

Re: [Channels] Free Preview of NBA League pass

The League Pass preview seems to be active early but only the SD channels. I can watch the Pelicans v Thunder on in SD but the HD channel says not subscribed. Is that to be expected with these free previews?

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

I noticed that too,The OP list channels 1450 and up so those HD channels should be up october 29th, if not i will cll verizon and ask them to turn on the HD feed!

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit

bohratom to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
Any MLS fans out there, I see FIOS has the games available since they had to enable the freeview for the NBA League pass. Great time to watch the games as its the last few games of the season and playoff spots are still open.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

FiOS would not turn on the HD channels for the NHL Center Ice Preview so I'd expect them to be off for the NBA League Pass Preview if any of the HD channels are MPEG4.

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

I still thik this is a mistake because the last 3 years i had the HD channels turned on for the free preview! come on verizon wake up !! your starting to piss me off and make me more likrly to leave verizon for directv sooner than later!
celticpride

celticpride

Anon

still no games in HD! why is that?

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

Because FiOS refuses to give a free preview to any sports package's HD channels that are MPEG4.

TitusTroy
New York, NY

TitusTroy to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
I don't understand why FiOS doesn't unlock the HD free preview channels...it shouldn't matter that it's mpeg-4 because it's only a free preview and not a paid subscription so the people that don't have the right boxes shouldn't be in an uproar

JH28
@bankofamerica.com

JH28

Anon

Do they not understand that this is a free advertisement for the product, and having zero HD channels for the preview is not a good way to sell it?

I decided in some sort of protest to sign up for League Pass Mobile and i can just watch the games on my big tv through the nba app on my xbox 360. Good job Verizon

RDM
@verizon.net

RDM to FIOS4cable

Anon

to FIOS4cable
Verizon sucks, only five channels in HD. Really??? I am forced to suffer this with Verizon. DirecTV offers all of the games in HD.

Verizon why are you a 2nd class citizen???
RDM

RDM

Anon

Plus no NFL Ticket on Verizon. It really sucks when you have no option up here in NYC.

Never again. Wonder why DirecTV is killing you?

VERIZON is a joke and their service reps can't even answer questions about the channels offered. Told me to go to NBA League pass website to get channel info for Verizon and then hung up on me.

Great customer service...
thetick
join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

thetick

No other TV service has NFL Ticket. It's an exclusive product and they only selling point for Direct TV.

yes Verizon service is pretty bad. if you don't like it get Direct TV and enjoy your service in/out during storms or when leaves come back.... I just hated having a dish.

JH28
@bankofamerica.com

JH28

Anon

never understood the people that complain about verizon and how inferior it is to directv. So why are you with Verizon??

I believe the sunday ticket contract with directv is up after 2014 season. They are going to have a very hard time keeping it as an exclusive product this time.

TitusTroy
New York, NY

TitusTroy to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
I find NFL Red Zone to be comparable to NFL Sunday Ticket...yes you don't get the complete games but you get to see pretty much every play of every game
TitusTroy

TitusTroy to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
the SD League Pass channels look horrible compared to the HD ones but it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be...it's semi-decent and watchable

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

Yeah i watched the celtics raptors game in SD and wsd suprised how good it looked,but a couple other game i checked were awful. I guess it depend on the cabl channel provider.