join:2004-01-16
USA

1 edit

haroldo

Apple Aware of iOS 7 iMessage Issue, Working on a Fi

quote:
Apple Aware of iOS 7 iMessage Issue, Working on a Fix
Tuesday October 1, 2013 8:22 pm PDT by Husain Sumra

Apple is aware of a glitch in iOS 7 that is disrupting iMessage delivery and is working on a fix, reports The Wall Street Journal.
quote:
We are aware of an issue that affects a fraction of a percent of our iMessage users, and we will have a fix available in an upcoming software update,” Apple said in a statement. “In the meantime, we encourage any users having problems to reference our troubleshooting documents or contact AppleCare to help resolve their issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes impacted users
Since the release of iOS 7 last month, users have been complaining about issues relating to the sending and receiving of iMessages on their iOS devices. While some users have also complained about multi-day outages on their devices, Apple's System Status page hasn't documented all of them, suggesting that something more than a simple service problem is at fault.

As MacRumors reported yesterday, some users have reported that turning their iOS devices on and off has fixed their problem while others have claimed the method has not worked for them. In our own testing with a device experiencing difficulties, the following steps appear to have fixed the issue (Note: this will cause your device to forget previously entered Wi-fi passwords):

1. Turn off iMessage in Settings > Messages
2. Reset networking settings in Settings > General > Reset
3. Reenable iMessage in Settings > Messages
»www.macrumors.com/2013/1 ··· n-a-fix/

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw

Premium Member

I had the problem. Did what was told and working fine now.
yabos
join:2003-02-16
London, ON

yabos to haroldo

to haroldo
I had that problem. I went most of the day without realizing iMessage wasn't working properly. It was turned off by itself and I couldn't turn it back on. I just rebooted the phone and it was re-enabled and I received all the messages.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to haroldo

MVM

to haroldo
Yup, iMessage has failed on me about three times now. A phone reboot (not reset) has worked each time.

Fobulous
Premium Member
join:2002-08-14
Missouri City, TX

Fobulous to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
Yeah i had the same issue but instead of resetting network, i just power cycled my phone

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to haroldo

MVM

to haroldo
It's getting old. And fallback to text just plain doesn't work.

Apple needs a new testing team/strategy.

maximus_808
Proud Veteran
Premium Member
join:2001-08-27
Rainier, WA

maximus_808 to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
I'm just glad to know it's not just me.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
Ah, this must be the problem I had a couple days ago. I had never seen my phone get stuck trying to send an iMessage before. I rebooted it and it went back to normal.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right to haroldo

to haroldo
I went most of yesterday unaware of the problem until my wife called my work phone asking why I wasn't answering any of my texts all day. Reboot semi-sort of fixed it.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to haroldo

to haroldo
Yeah still an issue here too on 7.02 carrier is Telus.

Progress bar will get 7/8ths of the way to sending iMessage and then fail silently (reboot phone and manual resend fixes it)

NefCanuck

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
·Verizon FiOS

Mike to haroldo

Mod

to haroldo
This should have been fixed yesterday. I turned off iMessage because it doesn't work.

I have a message apparently unread, I open the app, and nothing is there. So I always have one notification and it's driving me insane. Reboot and closing the app did nothing.
yabos
join:2003-02-16
London, ON

yabos to haroldo

to haroldo
It wasn't a problem in any of the betas as far as I know. It only cropped up at least for me once I updated to the GM.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
I had a minor issue with iMessage on 7.0 - under 7.0.2 it's pretty much unusable.

I've done the Network reset thing; fixes it for a few hours, at best.

I've just disabled iMessage for now, and fallen back to straight text until the update is released.

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
I am experiencing the imessage issue this morning again. C'mon Apple. I don't believe it is a "fraction" of 1% of users experiencing this problem.
NefCanuck
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck

said by obeythelaw:

I am experiencing the imessage issue this morning again. C'mon Apple. I don't believe it is a "fraction" of 1% of users experiencing this problem.

"Fraction" only implies that a part of the user installed base is having the issue. What we don't know is how big that raction actually is (and I'll bet a week's pay that says it isn't a small fraction either :/ )

NefCanuck

LazMan
Premium Member
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan

Premium Member

99/100 is a fraction...

About half the iPhone users I've talked to, are experiencing the issue, to some degree or another.

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

said by LazMan:

About half the iPhone users I've talked to, are experiencing the issue, to some degree or another.

It could be more...it's tough to know there's a problem if something that you didn't expect didn't come

buckingham
Doylstown Pa
Premium Member
join:2005-07-17
Buckingham, PA

buckingham to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
My wife has had the issue, but I have not for some reason...
NefCanuck
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to LazMan

to LazMan
said by LazMan:

99/100 is a fraction...

Yep, exactly my point.

When companies play semantics games like this, I'm always reminded of the quote (can't remember who its attributed to) that goes:

"There are lies, damn lies and then there are statistics"

Wonder where Apple is in that?

NefCanuck

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

fourboxers to haroldo

Mod

to haroldo
Just for curiosities sake how many of you having the problem are using an iPhone 5 and or iPhone 4.

I know a couple people having the same problem using these phones where my 4S and others with the same model aren't.

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by fourboxers:

Just for curiosities sake how many of you having the problem are using an iPhone 5 and or iPhone 4.

I know a couple people having the same problem using these phones where my 4S and others with the same model aren't.

4S and iPad 2.

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

fourboxers

Mod

Well that blows that theory, thanks.

LazMan
Premium Member
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
I went atomic, did a factory reset, and a clean load of 7.0.2 on my iPhone 4.

Knock on wood, iMessage has been working fine since I did. Going to restore from the most recent backup tomorrow; and see what happens.

DanHo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA

DanHo to fourboxers

Premium Member

to fourboxers
2x4s