All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Graycode
join:2006-04-17

Graycode

CableOne vs. Turner Networks

CableOne has removed Turner Network TV channels: CNN, CNN en Espanol, Headline News, Turner Classic Movies, TruTV, Boomerang, TBS, TNT, and Cartoon Network.

Apparently Turner "has demanded an increase of nearly 50%", and negotiations to reduce their cost has not been successful. It's difficult to understand why Turner feels it's OK to raise their rates to such an extent. I'll miss not having a couple of those channels, and really don't care about some of the others that Turner was providing. Overall though not having as many channels to choose from is generally bad.

I'm glad that CableOne will be reducing my bill, and can only hope they'll add other programming while also keeping my cost at a reasonable level.

»www.multichannel.com/cab ··· s/145822
»www.cableone.net/AAU/pre ··· eUp.aspx

cablepje
@lakeagassiz.com

cablepje

Anon

Why do you think they are going to reduce your bill? Did you call them?
Graycode
join:2006-04-17

Graycode

They're showing a static message on the former Turner channels stating that CableOne will be crediting all customers and there'e no need to call.

Also they provided a link to: »www.stopprogramminghikes ··· /turner/
which states:
quote:
Cable ONE will be crediting our customers for the time these channels were missing. You do not need to call in to receive your credit – we will automatically apply a credit to your next billing statement.

cablepje
@lakeagassiz.com

cablepje

Anon

Ahhh, see it now. Wonder how much the discount will be. Thanks!
Pocatello
join:2011-05-17
83201-4406

Pocatello to Graycode

to Graycode
Good riddance.

I do not watch any of these channels.