Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

newview

Premium Member

Tit for Tat, Comcast

quote:
“Essentially, all customers ended up having to pay more money to make up for the loss,”
So ... if Comcast recovers any of the money, do we get a refund?

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

If they actually recover a profit, you might, not cash but maybe one less fee increase. The trouble is they may end up spending more pursuing this case then any dollar of return, remember the scammers wasted it on luxuries, gambling and things that provide zero return. so they likely can never repay what the took from others.
Next time you(anybody) cheers on a criminal act against "the man" they should consider who ends up paying the bill.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
Parsonsburg, MD

newview

Premium Member

said by tshirt:

Next time you(anybody) cheers on a criminal act against "the man" they should consider who ends up paying the bill.

I never cheer on a criminal act committed by anyone ... but sadly, when Comcast commits a criminal act, we subscribers end up paying the bill for THAT, also.

mikesterr
join:2008-04-18
Sanford, FL

mikesterr to tshirt

to tshirt

Hammer Lady
Well I still do cheer this lady.

I wish I saw it happen, but the laughs from the hammer lady were worth the price of admission.
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25 to tshirt

to tshirt
LOL, dont kid yourself.

Comcast could be given a billion dollars as a gift from Bill Gates and you wont see any changes in their prices or future prices to the benefit of the consumer.

What you will see though, is a bigger payout to the owners.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to newview

to newview
Maybe your .0000001 cents.
chrisgo1
join:2005-03-16
Orlando, FL

chrisgo1 to Skippy25

to Skippy25
News flash: That is how every for profit company works! People form companies to generate a profit. Nothing wrong with that. Your 401k and other investments revolve around this concept. You don't personally invest money to lose money do you? If a company is formed to distribute money it is called a charity. Why do so many think profits are bad and the purpose of a company is to service the consumer. For profit companies are built to make money for those who own them. If a company can lower its costs on its cost of goods sold and make money it has a responsibility to either reinvest or distribute the profits to its owners. Servicing the customer is a means to that end.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
Parsonsburg, MD

newview to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
said by battleop:

Maybe your .0000001 cents.

Anytime Comcast has to send me money ... no matter how small, or inconsequential, I count as a Victory.

I celebrated for a month after Comcast was required to refund me money after the BitTorrent verdict. Every cup of coffee I bought on the way to work that month was courtesy of Comcast.

FCC Rules Against Comcast for BitTorrent Blocking
»www.eff.org/deeplinks/20 ··· blocking
chrisgo1
join:2005-03-16
Orlando, FL

chrisgo1

With this said the FCC should do their job and protect the consumer since it is responsibility to serve their boss (the consumer) instead of being so spineless in so many issues.