Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

[TV] Witches of East End on Lifetime Channel

I saw a commercial for it yesterday, and it's got me interested.

"The series stars Julia Ormond as lead character Joanna Beauchamp, a witch and mother of Freya Beauchamp and Ingrid Beauchamp, who are part of the next generation of witches. Mädchen Amick co-stars as Joanna's mischievous witch sister Wendy. The series is loosely based on the novel of the same name by Melissa de la Cruz, with one change being that Freya and Ingrid are unaware of their magical powers or heritage."

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnr_6ebg ··· _6ebgxbs

--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1

Re: [TV] Witches of Eastland on Lifetime Channel

Well the teaser trailer was,...flashy.

Not likely something I would watch but rather something I would pass on to my sister or sister-in-law.

Not sure how to feel about the use of a popular Nirvana song in the trailer though.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX
I would guess that that's just courtney love getting some petty revenge on dave grohl.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
I'm waiting to see this. I generally like Sci-Fi/Supernatural shows, but this reminds me of Witches of Eastwick.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

1 recommendation

reply to juilinsandar
Just noticed that the title of the thread is "Witches of Eastland" whereas the linked youtube clip has the name "Witches of East End". If you're looking to setup a recording then I think "Witches of East End" is what you are looking for.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX
Thanks for the heads-up.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to juilinsandar

Re: [TV] Witches of East End on Lifetime Channel

Just watched it. It's good. Feels a lot like Charmed though. Even the house looks like the one from Charmed, and when the younger sister first came down the stairs wearing that red dress with the flower in her hair, and her hair styled teh way it was, she looked just like Rose McGowen.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to juilinsandar
Watched it last night, but only for about 25 or 30 minutes. I wanted to turn it off after 10 minutes, when the love triangle was introduced, but I waited. I shouldn't have bothered.

What I thought was hilarious though was that no one noticed when things changed or caught fire in close proximity to them.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up, juilinsandar, but I'll pass on this one.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
I only made it about ~7 to ~10 minutes in. Thats about when the ubiquitous (in these type of stories made specifically for women) love triangle was introduced as Rook008 noted.

Like I said earlier, I'll pass it on to my sister and maybe sister-in-law but I'm not interested in such shows.

If I were to review what I watched I would simply call it "estrogen enriched". Thats not to say its bad if you are into such shows. However, prolonged exposure for male viewers could result in side effects such as reduced testosterone levels,....which in turn has a number of unpleasant side effects of its own,...

Naturally I'm kidding but you get the idea,...

Jehu
Claimed
Premium
join:2002-09-13
MA
kudos:2
reply to juilinsandar
5 mins.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
lol

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Octavean
said by Octavean:

I only made it about ~7 to ~10 minutes in. Thats about when the ubiquitous (in these type of stories made specifically for women) love triangle was introduced as Rook008 noted.

Like I said earlier, I'll pass it on to my sister and maybe sister-in-law but I'm not interested in such shows.

If I were to review what I watched I would simply call it "estrogen enriched". Thats not to say its bad if you are into such shows. However, prolonged exposure for male viewers could result in side effects such as reduced testosterone levels,....which in turn has a number of unpleasant side effects of its own,...

Naturally I'm kidding but you get the idea,...

lol
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to juilinsandar
Is it just me, or is that really the same house from Charmed???

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH

2 recommendations

I was thinking that as well.

Though I would mind having a cat like that one on the sure.

I'd be petting it all day, and it can curl up on my lap

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to juilinsandar
I did see the previews but never watched, and don't intend to.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

Is it just me, or is that really the same house from Charmed???

Rammer Jammer from Hart of Dixie and Merlottes from True Blood look the same to me too.