All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

YASHA
@verizon.net

YASHA

Anon

MagicJack+ stopped to work after connected ...

When I connected MagicJack+ in wall outlet via included power adapter with USB port and also connect to Verizon router and regular phone I heard on phone male voice that told me about connection problem; after that MagicJack+ stopped to work at all. Even on computer on which it worked a minute before I connected to use network.
I'm telling more: no one computer now cannot even see that MJ+ when I put it to PCs via USB port. Nothing changed in device manager like no device is added to computer. No one of MagicJack software and utilities can see it.
But in same time blue light on MJ+ is ON. Looks like dead device but with lite; I still hope it possible to fix.
Any advice?

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut

Anon

If it died within warranty contact MagicJack and send it back on an RMA. Device is probably dead. Infant mortality happens sometimes with electronics.

yasha
@verizon.net

yasha

Anon

problem is: I bought it not from MJ directly but from ebay and it was couple month ago. But open box and try to use it just now. Time to return/exchange is expired.
It newer worked for me, I didn't have opportunity to registered it therefor I do not have any warranty from MJ.
I want to restore it myself because MJ dosn't give me any support.

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut

Anon

MagicJack won't activate a second hand unit. Your only option is to use it with the GVjack app.

Otherwise it's garbage.

yasha
@verizon.net

yasha

Anon

It was at least look like new, sealed box. What is GVjack app?
Do you mean RJ45 Network jack? It also not working, no sound, no lights in jack, nothing.
Or you mean something else?

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut

Anon

»www.pcphonesoft.com/gvja ··· ils.html

^^^ THAT is GVjack.

But if your hardware is blown you are SOL for a warranty. Unless the guy on eBay is willing to replace it, it's a piece of garbage. Throw it away.

greenman
join:2002-06-18
Athens, GA

greenman to yasha

to yasha
Yasha,

If you live outside the United States and bought it second-hand to bypass the registration and activation, you're pretty much at the mercy of the ebay seller who sold it to you. Did you get a password and username to my.magicjack.com so you can renew at your own option? If so, did you check to see how many months were actually left on the current subscription?

If this is what happened, your only recourse is to contact the seller on ebay and tell them the device stopped working and you want a refund. If you actually used it for two months, you may need to consider asking for a partial refund.

yasha
@verizon.net

yasha

Anon

I bought brand new one in sealed cover and according seller it was newer use or registered.
But seller has 14 days return policy and I didn't open that box because kept it for my friend birthday as a present.
I bought it in middle of August but we with friend opened it even more later then in month, end of September.
Seller are not responding anymore even both of us are located in US.

Device completely was not visible not by computer via USB either via network port in router.
MagicJack told me I have no warranty to refund or exchange and should return it to seller.
Therefor I prefer to reanimate it because blue light still on and maybe it possible to do something.
Thanks everybody for support.

greenman
join:2002-06-18
Athens, GA

greenman

I have to agree with lugnut. You apparently have no recourse. It is an unfortunate loss for you, but perhaps a good lesson for others who may be thinking about buying a magicJack from ebay.