darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

Will the entry in the group column ever be a link?

I use this site almost exclusively via »/forums/fav

I still miss having the "group" on the far left (or more accurately, the lead-in to the thread title) which made for easy scanning to quickly identify topics I could safely ignore or those that were of interest.

With the group column now on the other side of the thread title, I was wondering if the plan would be to at least make that entry a link, exactly like it is on each forum main page? Otherwise, it's just taking up space as far as I can tell.

Even better, move back over to the far left
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
Reviews:
·iiNet

If you use the site exclusively via /forums/fav what would you expect the link to actually do? because if it is a link, it should be a link to the forum to view only topics in that group. But if you use the site exclusively via /forums/fav I'm not sure how you would use that kind of link.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

Why wouldn't it link to the posts in that "group"? Otherwise, I don't see why it's displayed on the favorites view at all. It doesn't help with scanning currently since it's so far right of the topic title.
--

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
Reviews:
·iiNet

if it were a link, clicking it would be the same as clicking this link:
»/forum/forsale~filter=WTB

is that what you'd expect to have happen?

Alternatively maybe adding a group (rather than a forum) is something that should be possible to favorite.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

Right, or this: »/forum/frontie···ter=FiOS

said by justin:

Alternatively maybe adding a group (rather than a forum) is something that should be possible to favorite.

Now that has some possibilities... though in many forums, many posters don't select a group for their post...
--