uniqs

Gundy
Premium Member
join:2002-10-29

Gundy to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain

Re: Hearthstone - FOR THE ALLIANCE!

I feel so behind, I just reinstalled hearthstone since I had a heroes of the storm alpha.. Needless to say I feel like it's a totally different game. With all the new cards from the naxx content I felt like all my decks are butthole now. I completed the spider wing on normal, and didn't get any cards worth a shit. I'm assuming most of the cards that matter are from the challenges or heroic mode.

I can't decide if I want to spill the real money cash to buy the full wing expansions or not. Is it worth it?

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

Personally I don't think paying real money for Naxx was worth it as the single player experience wasn't great. However a lot of the class cards are nice, and there are a couple of decent minions. You'll get a lot of free legendaries along the way too. Research the cards you want and just buy those wings with gold maybe?
Cat5

Cat5 to mettachain

to mettachain
My hunter deck, based heavily on Kolento's.

2x Hunters Mark
2x Flare
2x Tracking
1x Stonetusk Boar
2x Timber Wolf
2x Webspinner
1x Dire Wolf Alpha
2x Haunted Creeper
1x Ironbeak Owl
1x Scavenging Hyena
2x Animal Companion
1x Deadly Shot
2x Kill Command
2x Unleash the Hounds
1x Baron Rivendare
2x Houndmaster
2x Starving Buzzard
2x Savannah Highmane

Basically it aims for a win on turn 7-8, but with some hard hitters thrown in if it all goes wrong. Try to get the Webspinner/Haunted Creeper in your first hand and make use of your hero power. A decent start is Turn 1 Webspinner, Turn 2 hit with the Webspinner and hero power or place a Haunted Creeper. The Stonetusk Boar can be used as an early minion or removal with Hunters Mark. Unleash the Hounds is good for this too, although I try to chain it with a Buzzard/Hyena/Timber Wolf. The Highmane is an awesome card as it forces a response and usually will result in you still having two fairly decent beast minions. The great thing is the deathrattle of this can be doubled with Baron Rivendare (likewise with the Haunted Creeper).

Removal wise Hunters Mark is awesome, Kill Command can get rid of most threats especially if you have a beast in play. Deadly Shot is also fairly powerful.

Also quick note on flare/tracking. Flare's stealth removal is fairly situational however it's secret removal is a boon against Hunters/Paladins/Mages so if you get these keep them, if not use them when you have 1 mana left in a turn or to try to RNG a answer. Tracking is to be used solely to get an answer which throws a lot of players. Use them when you have no other options to find an answer to your opponents move. Remember you lose 2 cards this way but 9 times out of 10 it will get you a result.

Gundy
Premium Member

Gundy to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
Thats kind of what I thought as well, it just seemed there were quite a few cards in various deck builds from naxx.. So unlocking certain wings could be a pain in the ass to try different decks.

Cat5

Cat5

said by Gundy:

Thats kind of what I thought as well, it just seemed there were quite a few cards in various deck builds from naxx.. So unlocking certain wings could be a pain in the ass to try different decks.

A lot of the common cards are very meh. Haunted Creeper and Nerubian Egg and whatever the taunting Abomination is are the only 3 who see regular use. The epics are nice, but situational and the legendaries are mostly niche. The class cards are all pretty good, bar I believe the rogue and druid one.

You don't need them to play currently. Old decks pre-Naxx are still more than adequate and you can swap in more silencing minions/cards if you struggle as most Naxx cards rely on deathrattle effects.

I'd look to get them however, as it's always nice to have choice, I just wouldn't throw real money at it if you're unsure. 700g isn't a lot, 2 weeks worth of questing.

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

I am on a three win streak with a warlock murloc deck.

I feel like an asshole.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

You are an asshole. I can only beat that with my control druid deck.

Gundy
Premium Member

1 edit

Gundy to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
I'm not gonna lie.. besides the priest control and the 'zoo' hunter decks the rest of them require a retarded amount of legendaries to be good. Sorta turns me off to the game after coming back from a long break. And all the quests that are paladin/warrior victory... Yeah okay, let me look at some warrior decks, if only I had 8 legendaries.

Two weeks of questing.... If you have some decks for the various quests :\.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
I got so pissed at the final heoric battle of Naxx single player mode that I haven't played again since it launched. The amount of RNG in that was absurd. After three days of getting bad RNG and still being stuck I said F#@% this game and haven't been back. Have they fixed that yet?

That rant having been voiced, next month I head to the inlaws' house with my family for a couple weeks , so having HS on my ipad might be a good way to pass some of the bordom. Maybe I need to get over my disgust and build some new competitive decks.

Cat5

Cat5

said by saillaw:

I got so pissed at the final heoric battle of Naxx single player mode that I haven't played again since it launched. The amount of RNG in that was absurd. After three days of getting bad RNG and still being stuck I said F#@% this game and haven't been back. Have they fixed that yet?

No, it's still RNG. Personally I haven't bothered with heroic as the card back just isn't worth the hassle. It's not skill, it's totally random, and it's just not fun.

Just play the multiplayer part and do some arena runs, much more fun.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica

Premium Member

Having the new 120+ cards coming in December should help it out. Adding the Naxx cards just in the small amount they were made it fun enough.

»us.battle.net/hearthston ··· bl82Wg.1

Cat5

Cat5

Just seen one rare card which heals you for 4 if you you control a secret at the end of the round.

Gundy
Premium Member

Gundy to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
It seems like the consensus is to save all your gold since the expansion is right around the corner?

I was going to work on some of the naxx wings but at this point something tells me it'd be more wise to save the gold for packs when expansion releases.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

depends, if you want some of those naxx cards, then itd be worth it. Otherwise if you don't mind not having them then yeah save it for the xpac.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

said by Antonica:

if you want some of those naxx cards

Some of the Naxx cards are quite good. I haven't played for a while so I'm not sure how heavy they still are in the meta (which I imagine is still heavy) so it probably is still worth getting them. I can't see cards like Dark Cultist falling out of favour, it is just a solid card. You can't say the same for all of them but there are cards that are just flat out good.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

I agree. But if someone is limited on time/money/gold then they may have to pick and choose which cards they get first. xpac ones or naxx ones.

One thought of it could be if you get the naxx ones, you have potential to build better decks that will help you get gold faster to get xpac cards faster :P

Cat5

Cat5

said by Antonica:

I agree. But if someone is limited on time/money/gold then they may have to pick and choose which cards they get first. xpac ones or naxx ones.

One thought of it could be if you get the naxx ones, you have potential to build better decks that will help you get gold faster to get xpac cards faster :P

I don't think the new expansion is going to have cards bought with gold. I'm under the impression it's 120 new cards , obtained in the old way i.e. buying packs. You can argue its still using gold, but unless we hear otherwise there is still a chance a pack will contain 5 "old" cards you have duplicates of.

If you want a Naxx card, the only way to get it is via gold/cash so at least it's a guarantee.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

I'll have to re-read but I thought you could buy packs from this xpac only..
Antonica

Antonica to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
Yeah, if you go to the main site, even one of the comments is "Is there a way to upgrade your normal packs to GvG packs?" and a blue responds with not at this time. So they will be separate packs you can purchase with gold.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

said by Antonica:

So they will be separate packs you can purchase with gold.

Which is a good idea. I'd be pretty pissed off it wasn't that way. I don't have all the cards but I would say I have about 90% of them. I would be livid if it wasn't that way. Duplicates out the ass.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

yep.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia
just realized it's kind of ironic that you can't have more than 1 duplicate of Duplicate.

Gundy
Premium Member

Gundy to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
I built a friggen decent shaman control deck and I'm super impressed. I thought the shaman was rather underpowered before the naxx addon.

I still feel like most of the decks on icyveins/hearthpwn or whatever aren't super up to date. I tried a few mage decks that are sorta mid range and they all got blown out of the water.

Do most of you guys just grind ranked or play casual? I was playing a lot of casual and then realized it would make more sense to grind the ladder.. For both the win count for golden portraits and rank.

Cat5

Cat5

said by Gundy:

Do most of you guys just grind ranked or play casual? I was playing a lot of casual and then realized it would make more sense to grind the ladder.. For both the win count for golden portraits and rank.

I ladder everything as you'll almost always face someone of equal skill. In casual mode you'll get a lot of elite players with masses of legendaries who deck test and will just own you. Once you hit 20 in a season you can't slip below it so there is no fear of losing out on your card back.

Gundy
Premium Member

Gundy

Premium Member

That seems the same for ranked though too, for the guys who just auto concede to fall ranks to complete quests.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
huh? yes you can...

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

said by Antonica:

huh? yes you can...

Yup, you can have a ton of the same card (believe my highest of any one card was 9), you just can't USE more than two of the same card in a deck.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
It's a Naxx card. You can't craft or open it.

Not that you'd WANT to, but it was the point of my comment.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

Ah. But you do get 2 of them, so thought you meant you could only have just one of that card.
Antonica

Antonica

Premium Member

»www.hearthpwn.com/news/7 ··· 0-0-7234

Never been so excited for a game before :P