join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Johkal

Re: Looking over my recent usage, im using more

Don't think 300 is the intended median.
perhaps below 100 would see a small discount, 200 would be average, 300 max, 400max plus $20 and so on.
The OP's chart shows exactly why Caps will always be there at some level, It's would be far too easy for the average user to double, triple or more their usage in a matter of months, far to fast for new capacity to be added or for flat rates to change to meet the new costs.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
I could see discounts below a 100. Average for me is between 160 to 290 depending on the time of year.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
said by Johkal:

I could see discounts below a 100.

nope
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
said by Alcohol:

said by Johkal:

nope

You think people who use less than 100 shouldn't see a discount? Why?
--
In God we trust; all others bring data!

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
said by Johkal:

said by Alcohol:

said by Johkal:

nope

You think people who use less than 100 shouldn't see a discount? Why?

1. because it prevents usage of superior internet services.
2. because these suckers subsidize my usage.
--

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

4 edits
yep, Im one of them suckers. Ive been less than a hundred for years. Yet my rates keep going up because you people want all this capacity. I say leave capacity as is and make you guys that want more pay more. Im fine not paying less. Im fine if everything stays as is. The way i see once caps are introduced comcast is going to be hard pressed to raise low user like me rates. I dont feel im paying to much, i feel you guys are not paying enough.

While i think what i pay for internet is fair now. Thats it, im at the end of the line. Another rate increase and im done with comcast hsi. Im tired of it going up to pay for these upgrades when i dont need these upgrades. while i may be a minority of comcast customer that frequents dslr. Think its pretty fair to assume im the majority of actual comcast customers as a whole. In other words na na na you bandwidth hogs are getting what you dam well deserve. We low users are the majority. Comcast needs to stop dumping all this money into the network to fullfill the minorities wishes.

Everyone on here always wants to preach how internet should be a utility. Well guess what, utilities dont charge low users the same as high users. Water, gas, Electric, High users pay more than low users. I for one am glad i no longer will have to pay for higher users usage. Remember, i make up the majority of comcast customers. As 1 of a majority of comcast. Thank you comcast for instituting usage caps. A cap that as a majority customer im fine with.

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
said by rody_44:

yep, Im one of them suckers. Ive been less than a hundred for years. Yet my rates keep going up because you people want all this capacity. I say leave capacity as is and make you guys that want more pay more. Im fine not paying less. Im fine if everything stays as is. The way i see once caps are introduced comcast is going to be hard pressed to raise low user like me rates. I dont feel im paying to much, i feel you guys are not paying enough.

While i think what i pay for internet is fair now. Thats it, im at the end of the line. Another rate increase and im done with comcast hsi. Im tired of it going up to pay for these upgrades when i dont need these upgrades. while i may be a minority of comcast customer that frequents dslr. Think its pretty fair to assume im the majority of actual comcast customers as a whole. In other words na na na you bandwidth hogs are getting what you dam well deserve. We low users are the majority. Comcast needs to stop dumping all this money into the network to fullfill the minorities wishes.

Everyone on here always wants to preach how internet should be a utility. Well guess what, utilities dont charge low users the same as high users. Water, gas, Electric, High users pay more than low users. I for one am glad i no longer will have to pay for higher users usage. Remember, i make up the majority of comcast customers. As 1 of a majority of comcast. Thank you comcast for instituting usage caps. A cap that as a majority customer im fine with.

yes we should stop the evolution of technology because you dont know how to utilize your resources.
--

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
And what is the numbers that actually reach the cap. 2 percent. It doesnt have to stop technology. People that want technology can pay for it. So 98 percent of people dont know how to utilize resources. I think its the 2 percent that need to work on utilizing the resource. As with all utilities just watch how all of a sudden people will be fine living on the cap. Those that wont will pay more and thats fine as thats the way it should be.

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
that number is no longer 2%.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Alcohol:

that number is no longer 2%.

Good, then overage fees will be huge and quickly pay for the additional upgrades with rising my price.
Thanks for paying.