« David Brenner Dead[signup] Next Game »
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · next

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

OT: Mar 1 2014 - Annual LAN Party (and Mafia)

Posting this in the Pub Games since this is a smaller community of folks. Due to popular demand, I'm hosting another LAN Party. I'm scrubbing the old school games that had shitty net code and didn't work properly. I added Civ5 and Pay Day 2 to the list. I'm advertising this early so people can make travel arrangements. I know of at least one person who is booking their flight now.

When
Weekend of March 1st. Some folks will be coming in on Friday or even as early as Thursday. Big game day is on Saturday with it spilling into the Sunday hours.

Where
If you're flying in, you'll want to come into Harrisburg International Airport. I can pick you up/drop you off. If you're driving in, I'm about 15 minutes from there. PM me if you need an actual address.

List of Games
League of Legends
MWO
TF2
L4D2
D3
Starcraft 2
Pay Day 2
Civ 5

and of course, Mafia.

If you have any other games you want to play or try out (like Natural Selection 2), that's fine. Bring your rig, or let me know if you need me to find you another rig. There are other means of "renting" rigs that we can work out ahead of time if you have any issues.

I'll have a few guys from work who are heavy into PD2 and L4D2.

P.S. Just like last time - No children. We'll have alcohol, be irresponsible, etc. Do you really want your children to be around Jobbie when he's drunk? Also, Antonica is not a spouse-babysitter. Don't bring anyone who isn't gaming.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

In!!

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
join:2006-10-19
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat

2 edits

3 recommendations

reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

Do you really want your children to be around Jobbie when he's drunk?

Yes.

If I'm able to come... I will.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

2 recommendations

I am the best baby sitter ever, at the end of the weekend your kids will only yell "in your face Jobbie!!"

If we play TF2 I want to be on Modem's team kthx.

Also in!
--
"I just wanted chili" - Krisnatharok

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..

said by Jobbie:

I am the best baby sitter ever, at the end of the weekend your kids will only yell "in your face Jobbie!!"

If we play TF2 I want to be on Modem's team kthx.

Also in!

Converting the kiddies to gamers themselves? You are the best sitter ever

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
reply to Archivis

Of course I'll be swinging by to see all you knuckleheads!
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Bring your rig.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Ha! We'll see. I'm there to socialize.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Do you think the LAN party is just us sticking our face in front of our screens and not socializing?

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Of course not. But being a Professional Socialite, I cannot possibly bring a rig along. I'll be too busy carrying all my charisma, charm, confidence.... The three C's.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

I really hope I can make it.

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
reply to Archivis

Sounds fun. Ill look into the possibility of coming.

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Bellevue, NE
reply to Archivis

22 hour drive is too much, I'm afraid.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

No problem. I do know that some people are flying in. Like last time, I pick up all the other expenses. I'll feed you and give you a place to sleep. I believe we have three people possibly flying in this time (Jobbie, Tigerlord, Blockfire).
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Energystream
Premium
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Given the baby on the way I doubt I will be able to go. Barring any other engagements I will try and be involved over the interwebs.

With that said, you need to run a cord or something from another circuit this time around and also unplug the microwave .

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

2 recommendations

I could hang a sign on the Microwave that says "NO KRISNATHAROKS ALLOWED."

I could probably run an extension cord, although I think the way my house is wired, the microwave would tax that circuit no matter what's running on it. It's probably better to just leave the microwave out of commission.

Based on what I'm seeing from attendance, I'll have to reconsider room layout a little better. I liked what we had. Nobody was "stuck" in a corner (except you). I'll have to see what the weather is like, but I have that sun room that sits right next to the room we gamed in and could give us more space. If it's cold enough outside, I'd have enough windows to handle our overheating issue.
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

said by Archivis:

I JUST WANTED CHILI DAMMIT.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
--

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
USA
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

I could probably run an extension cord, although I think the way my house is wired, the microwave would tax that circuit no matter what's running on it. It's probably better to just leave the microwave out of commission.

Based on what I'm seeing from attendance, I'll have to reconsider room layout a little better. I liked what we had. Nobody was "stuck" in a corner (except you). I'll have to see what the weather is like, but I have that sun room that sits right next to the room we gamed in and could give us more space. If it's cold enough outside, I'd have enough windows to handle our overheating issue.

Just make sure you keep a spot on that tall table for me.

I REQUIRE HEIGHT.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Archivis

So. At the LAN party, we will be playing Payday 2, doing non-stop speed runs of Rats Pro Overkill, taking shots every time:

1. Jobbie says "come on guys"
2. Antonica says "where'd you get the coke???"
3. Energy gets silently frustrated with everyone's antics
4. Arch calls Jobbie out for already being drunk
5. Anyone kills a special (taser, shield, bulldozer)
6. If anyone goes down
7. 2x shots if someone is taken into custody
6. At the end of every day
7. 2x shots at Payday
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
USA

Steam is having a holiday sale atm on two of the games:

Pay Day 2 is 17.99 (-40%)
Civ 5 is 14.99 (-50%)

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Huge list of sales going on right now:

»slickdeals.net/permadeal/110092/···-marines

Civ 5 + all xpacs for $20
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

I got that last sale. Great game.

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

P.S. Just like last time - No children. We'll have alcohol, be irresponsible, etc. Do you really want your children to be around Jobbie when he's drunk? Also, Antonica is not a spouse-babysitter. Don't bring anyone who isn't gaming.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Since people are flying in, depending on who actually got tickets, like Arch said this pretty much goes over a few days. I think it's worse to come in for just a day or two... if you are paying the money to come in, get at least a few days in. So I vote for heavy gaming Friday and Saturday and most of Sunday . I'll make sure kids are gone starting Thursday and not returning until late Sunday night/Monday depending on who will still be around.
--
»Re: [game] Crazy Game - The Resurrection - Day 2
Corrupt Politician - tmodelt
You may privately message the rest of the mafia: ekster, Rook008 & Kristopher. You win with the mafia.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

I'm organizing an outing! You people need fresh air!

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02

fresh air? whats that?

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3

Is it really that bad with Arch around?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

said by ekster:

Is it really that bad with Arch around?

It is.
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Like last time I am planning to arrive on Thursday and leave Monday, not sure if I will go and drive with Block or fly directly to you guys.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Tell block to just fly out. That's a long drive.