spc
uniqs
Gandalf4503
join:2002-06-27
Guilderland, NY

Gandalf4503 to hitachi369

to hitachi369

Re: [Anime] Fall 2013: Currently Watching

I ventured to watch the first episodes of some of the new anime today and these are the ones I'm going to be watching (in no particular order):

Beyond the Bounary
Golden Time
Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting!
Log Horizon
Kill la Kill
Strike the Blood
I couldn't become a hero, so I reluctantly decided to get a job.

Lots of fan service in the last one, and it's pretty much an ecchi copy of The Devil is a Part-Timer, but it's decent in the humor department. I'll give it a few episodes to see how I like it.

Log Horizon at least doesn't seem like it's going to be another SAO, so I'll give that a few episodes as well to see how it progresses. Seems pretty average so far.

I watched all of the other Hajime no Ippo anime and read the manga for a while, so this was a given for me. There's a great cast of characters and the fights are pretty awesome, so I'm looking forward to seeing how far they get with this.

Kill la Kill was pretty crazy. You can really feel the Guren Lagen portion at work. It seems like it's going to be crazily over the top, and yet it was still fun.

Beyond the Boundary has some great animation, and despite my not really liking the female lead, it has potential. I'm betting this is going to have the most gorgeously animated fight scenes of the season, so I'll watch it at least for those.

Strike the Blood seems to be your average supernatural anime. The main character is a vampire who can't remember his past, and is followed around by a super powerful middle school girl. I don't think the plot will be great, but I'm willing to give it a few more episodes.

Lastly, Golden Time. You can feel the Toradora here. I really like the main characters, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. The humor was great in the first episode, though I feel like the main character might be trying just a bit to hard to fall in love. When someone states that their goal in life is to fall in love it's a bit off putting. Otherwise, I feel like this should be a fun watch.

This season is off to a better start than I originally thought. I was really hesitant going in, since many of the descriptions made a lot of the anime sound like crap, but I'm glad I decided to take a chance and watch a few.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck

Kill La Kill iss shaping up to be this weird fighting / ecchi anime mix, but after one ep I'm certainly willing to watch another next week.

NefCanuck