spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Jonathan2
join:2011-12-21

2 edits

Jonathan2

WOW mail settings

I have had my family's WOW email accounts set up for IMAP for a while now, and everything has worked pretty well. Recently however, we've been getting some more issues with the outgoing mail server.

Of all the problems I've had with WOW mail, it's nearly always been issues with outgoing mail.

When I initially set up IMAP, I had to mess around with a few different outgoing servers to find one that worked.

I've been using smtpauth.mail.wowway.com as the outgoing mail server using SSL and password authentication.

However, I'm wondering if this is not actually the preferred server and/or setup.

Can anyone confirm what the proper outgoing mail server (and setup) is for WOW IMAP email?

WOW says to use smtp.mail.wowway.com on their website. Can I not use outgoing authentication? Maybe I don't remember, but I kinda thought I had tried using the unauthenticated server, but it gave me errors or something. Honestly I don't remember, it was a too long ago.

Ok, now what ports am I supposed to used for incoming IMAP? I thought it was supposed to be 143, but on this iPhone 143 does not work and 110 does work...