All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

Well October 3rd marked 1 year since we've had the new guide. Anyone want to offer an updated review on it so far?

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Still needs improvement. Can be laggy at times still

GeorgeBaily
@optonline.net

GeorgeBaily to kickass69

Anon

to kickass69
It was working fairly well until about a week and a half ago when the Samsung box received updates. Now it's back to where it was last year. Torture changing channels. It takes FOREVER and once it changes, the info on the bottom of the screen freezes so that you don't see the info for the current channel but the one you were watching previously.

I keep getting internal server error messages when trying to set a recording from the guide. It takes two to three try's before it finally works and the program is set.

Have to choose the "view all" option in the guide settings because having it set to "subscribed" causes, not just the guide to freeze, but the box as well.

I could go on but basically the guide is still a mess.
RobertMets12
join:2010-10-16

RobertMets12

The New Guide still loses data after Midnight. I don't understand why they can't update the data without losing the data this should have been fixed before they rolled it out.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

I don't get that either. With the old guide they used to update the guide data around 4 AM. Supposedly regular boxes can't handle more than 1 day of data at a time for too long yet the DVR boxes can handle a weeks worth of data.
kickass69

kickass69 to GeorgeBaily

to GeorgeBaily
I agree it still needs alot of work. Companies who would rather not test something themselves before rolling it out instead having the customers be the testers essentially. Laziness to say the least.
kickass69

kickass69 to GeorgeBaily

to GeorgeBaily
One would've thought after a year it'd be working smoothly and quickly. It seems with guides from Cablevision...they can never fully work as they should.

iotv
@mycingular.net

iotv

Anon

It has been a year from the guide and a year from the rebrand. The guide still does not work. Can not record shows that I currently watching with my 8300 anymore. The guide and ondemand menus still say io. If they cannot update the graphics to the new logo after a year we have no hope with them fixing the guide.
milan22
join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ

milan22

said by iotv :

It has been a year from the guide and a year from the rebrand. The guide still does not work. Can not record shows that I currently watching with my 8300 anymore.

1) What exactly doesn't work?

2) It can record what you're watching. Just press the red record button.

iotv
@optonline.net

iotv

Anon

Let's say I am 15mins into a show with the old guide on my SA8300 it would record the show from the start of the 15mins I started watching. NEW guide it will record on my 8300 about 30 seconds after I pressed record and I would lose that first 15mins. The guide is a down grade from the old Sara guide in every aspect except appearance. But that even lacks since it has the old logos.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

said by iotv :

Let's say I am 15mins into a show with the old guide on my SA8300 it would record the show from the start of the 15mins I started watching. NEW guide it will record on my 8300 about 30 seconds after I pressed record and I would lose that first 15mins. The guide is a down grade from the old Sara guide in every aspect except appearance. But that even lacks since it has the old logos.

Thats not a guide issue, thats a box issue with the new Multi Room DVR

IOTV
@optonline.net

IOTV

Anon

That is a guide issue, it worked before the new guide last year, after the update, 8300HD DVR only records 15 seconds after you hit record and does record back from the whole time tuned into the channel during that time slot. This is recording directly to the 8300 not DVR +.
IOTV

IOTV

Anon

I think the old Sony Guide looked better and worked better, never had any problem with the Sony guide when that came out. The New guide is all over place and never worked.
milan22
Newark, NJ

milan22

That guide doesn't look so great imo. It only shows 1 program at a time going left to right. And here I was complaining that the new guide has a wasted left space. That sony guide has wasted space all over.

iotv
@mycingular.net

iotv

Anon

But they could have improved that format. The colors are better as well. Also the Sony guide work from day one no problems. Unlike the new guide.

GeorgeBaily
@optonline.net

GeorgeBaily

Anon

I have just about had it with this guide and all of it's issues. Since the last update a couple of weeks ago there is no program information at the bottom of the screen when changing channels. It states, "no data." There is still no channel information what so ever after 10 pm in the guide. Plus an entirely different problem...with every channel change there is major pixilation. Lasts about 7 seconds. Add to that the existing lag time and it's become a joke.

It's been a year since this new guide push. If these issues aren't resolved soon I am switching to satellite.

slnork
@optonline.net

slnork

Anon

I have gone back to fios because of the guide. Fios guide. Fast, easy, clean.
slnork

slnork

Anon

Fios guide

GeorgeBaily
@optonline.net

GeorgeBaily

Anon

Wow, what a difference! The interface is great. Runs rings around the Optimum guide. Is there any lag time?
milan22
Newark, NJ

milan22 to GeorgeBaily

to GeorgeBaily
said by GeorgeBaily :

I have just about had it with this guide and all of it's issues. Since the last update a couple of weeks ago there is no program information at the bottom of the screen when changing channels. It states, "no data." There is still no channel information what so ever after 10 pm in the guide. Plus an entirely different problem...with every channel change there is major pixilation. Lasts about 7 seconds. Add to that the existing lag time and it's become a joke.

It's been a year since this new guide push. If these issues aren't resolved soon I am switching to satellite.

That surely sounds like a isolated issue with your house/settop boxes.

I have never experienced anything remotely close to those problems. You need to have a tech come out to the house or replace your boxes at the very least.

GeorgeBaily
@optonline.net

GeorgeBaily

Anon

You give good advice and I am going to swap out the boxes but the no data after 10pm has been an issue discussed in this forum. Also pixilation and lag issues. I have never seen the problems all lumped together in the way that I'm experiencing them so we'll see what happens after the swap.

Ike2
@optonline.net

Ike2 to milan22

Anon

to milan22
Crappy slow software or hardware........windows vista city.