Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

decx to cepnot4me

Premium Member

to cepnot4me

Re: [TV] NextBox 3.0 "dnld" message

said by cepnot4me:

I should elaborate, the audio issues look to be Hardware related, not software. They are looking for software solutions to the hardware issues, and I believe Cisco is looking at the hardware.
Short term solution is to use component cables.

Thanks for the info. Yes I've switched over to component cables for now, but I've also had to switch over to RCA cables for audio as by AVR has limited optical in ports. Frankly I'm a bit surprised that HDMI issues are taking so long to resolve given that HDMI or HDMI CEC isn't new at all and that Cisco/SA had it working just fine in older hardware/software.
Sunfox
join:2003-12-14
Stouffville

Sunfox to cepnot4me

to cepnot4me
said by cepnot4me:

That's coming soon. All nextboxes will require RTN.
The DNLD message is an indicator of a software upgrade attempt. The 9865 is currently the only box that gets stuck doing it though.

The solution is to pull the power, plug it back in. 95% of them reboot properly.

I've never actually had do that - the message always clears on its own a short time later (presumably when it's done... for that day).
cepnot4me
join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me to decx

to decx
What's terrifying is that Cisco has no clue as to the cause. They designed the box, built the box, tested the box, designed and tested 40 other HDMI outputs in various other pieces of equipment, .... but this one... they have no answer for.