join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to rdsteele

Re: [Pricing] 4G LTE Billing for usage seems high

I did not know that clear is gone.

I do have the Clear Hub if you want to buy it
you should be able to set up the service with it?
not sure how though.

and about the slow 3g data eating up this is why I like the android data usage tracker it shows what my apps are using

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
put it on ebay .. a worthless device that someone will buy
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to patt2k
said by patt2k:

you should be able to set up the service with it? not sure how though.

rdsteele, according to the rep I spoke to at Clear, all you have to do is give them the Mac ID of the device you purchase and they run a check on it to make sure it's kosher. If it is, end of story, you get one of their plans. The 800 number where I spoke to them is at 888-888-3113.

That said, I would make very sure that WiMax is available in all the locations in which you want Internet connectivity before you go ahead and consider Patt2k's interesting offer. In order to make sure of that fact, go to Sprint. Purchase one of their plans that give you a device that has WiMax access. Then check to see whether WiMax is available in the locations where you will be using the web. You have three days to check it out before you have to return the device to Sprint and cancel the account. You will get an almost complete refund (I believe you will have to pay a prorated figure for the three days you used the service; if you choose to keep it past the three-day period, you have another chance to return and get a partial refund if you return and cancel before 14 days have elapsed, though the refund is less).

If you discover that WiMax is strong where you will be connecting to the Web, then the Clear WiMax option is a good one. If you discover that WiMax is spotty in one or more of the areas where you need connectivity then it probably is not a good deal for you.

patt2k

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by criggs:

said by patt2k:

you should be able to set up the service with it? not sure how though.

rdsteele, according to the rep I spoke to at Clear, all you have to do is give them the Mac ID of the device you purchase and they run a check on it to make sure it's kosher. If it is, end of story, you get one of their plans. The 800 number where I spoke to them is at 888-888-3113.

That said, I would make very sure that WiMax is available in all the locations in which you want Internet connectivity before you go ahead and consider Patt2k's interesting offer. In order to make sure of that fact, go to Sprint. Purchase one of their plans that give you a device that has WiMax access. Then check to see whether WiMax is available in the locations where you will be using the web. You have three days to check it out before you have to return the device to Sprint and cancel the account. You will get an almost complete refund (I believe you will have to pay a prorated figure for the three days you used the service; if you choose to keep it past the three-day period, you have another chance to return and get a partial refund if you return and cancel before 14 days have elapsed, though the refund is less).

If you discover that WiMax is strong where you will be connecting to the Web, then the Clear WiMax option is a good one. If you discover that WiMax is spotty in one or more of the areas where you need connectivity then it probably is not a good deal for you.

It might not be worthless after all lol.

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to patt2k
said by patt2k:

I like the android data usage tracker it shows what my apps are using

I wish Windows had something like that. Up until last week, I was hovering around the 75 gig mark. However I unexpectedly had a need to move large files between computers over the weekend. Obviously that has no effect on my data totals with my provider, but unfortunately the meter I use, which is Bandwidth Monitor by Rokario (recommended by Millenicom, a former provider of mine), can't distinguish between data moving between my personal computers and data moving between me and the web. The net result is that the total that Bandwidth Monitor is now giving me is way larger than is the actual amount of data that has moved over the connection furnished by my provider, Wireless 'n' WiFi. Effectively this means I'm flying blind at the moment.

So, if anyone knows of a Windows usage meter that can distinguish between data moving to me and from me to the web versus data that's merely moving between computers on my personal home network, I'd love to hear about it; thanks.

patt2k

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by criggs:

said by patt2k:

I like the android data usage tracker it shows what my apps are using

I wish Windows had something like that. Up until last week, I was hovering around the 75 gig mark. However I unexpectedly had a need to move large files between computers over the weekend. Obviously that has no effect on my data totals with my provider, but unfortunately the meter I use, which is Bandwidth Monitor by Rokario (recommended by Millenicom, a former provider of mine), can't distinguish between data moving between my personal computers and data moving between me and the web. The net result is that the total that Bandwidth Monitor is now giving me is way larger than is the actual amount of data that has moved over the connection furnished by my provider, Wireless 'n' WiFi. Effectively this means I'm flying blind at the moment.

So, if anyone knows of a Windows usage meter that can distinguish between data moving to me and from me to the web versus data that's merely moving between computers on my personal home network, I'd love to hear about it; thanks.

On my Fios I am using asus ac66u AC router with DD-WRT firmware it tracks everything that goes through the router,and the fios actiontec router wifi is disabled completely.