All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

MJB33
join:2012-01-29

MJB33 to awebber

to awebber

Re: Help to improve friend's Bell bill?

one word teksavvy... but expect the result that tpia is getting... big telecom is choking them right now.... realize that they don't run on their own infrastructure.... the big telecom provides the install and the infrastructure and tries to put them out of business
awebber
Premium Member
join:2003-04-02
Gloucester, ON

awebber

Premium Member

Yeah I had TekSavvy cable a couple of years ago and it went fairly well. Cancelled when I went on vacation because they don't have a vacation-stop service, then when I came back I used a 4-month Dell Bell Grab&Go (when they still did that) and the up-front cost afterwards (even with existing cable modem) meant it wasn't worth switching back to TSI for just a few months.

I follow TSI's forum here fairly closely, but I'm still on Bell because they're cheaper and flexible enough that the price is about the same except I get a very limited data usage instead of 300GB.

Given the TPIA troubles overall, and the high up-front costs, I keep on sticking with Bell. I also keep checking to see if it might be worth switching, but I have to figure on at least one month of overlap to make sure the TSI is working (IOW not give notice to Bell until TSI is live, so pay for both for 30 days). I recognize a lot of this is out of TSI's control, and some of it is price matching to keep me with the big guys, but ultimately until the dust settles, I have to worry about me first. Of course if all else were equal I'd be on TSI, but right now it isn't, and I can (just) live within my limited data allotment.

=aw