uniqs
Gandalf4503
join:2002-06-27
Guilderland, NY

Gandalf4503 to captokita

to captokita

Re: [Anime] Fall 2013: Currently Watching

said by captokita:

Thanks to this link from Crunchyroll, I watched the first episode of Gundam Build Fighters, and I have to say, I was rather impressed.

Sei Iori loves building gunpla kits, (Gundam models). His parents run a gundam model store, which is pretty much in the sticks when it comes to stores like this. However, he wants to take part in the Gunpla Battle Championship World Tournament, unfortunately, while he can build the models, he cannot fight with them properly. Imagine G-gundam with every mobile suit available. You meet at a table, pick your model, put it in the machine, and pilot the model like an actual mobile suit. Tell me I wouldn't be all over this if it actually existed! So basically this is any Gundam mecha-heads dream come true. Anyway, Sei gets his butt handed to him by rival Sazaki. Dejected, he runs into Reiji, kid from out of town that has never used this system but can handle it like a pro...... you know the type.

Still, it's fun so far, and compared to AGE, a nice change. I like how they show all the different Gundam models in some pure genius of advertising. You know you want one, so go buy one and build it! I'll take this opportunity to say I've got to start work on my 1:100 Unicorn I bought at AWA....

Also of note, for SEED/Destiny fans, they are also streaming the HD Remasters of the SEED and Destiny series, so I'm one happy Gundam fan! Check it all out at the link below, and be sure to follow GundamInfo on youtube for more. Some cool blatant gunpla advertising too, but I'll gladly take them.

»www.youtube.com/watch?fe ··· 1u1zFVNc

I also bought a Unicorn model kit when it was on sale on CR and it's currently collecting dust. I took it out of the box, freaked out at all of the parts, and put them all back into the box.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

said by Gandalf4503:

I also bought a Unicorn model kit when it was on sale on CR and it's currently collecting dust. I took it out of the box, freaked out at all of the parts, and put them all back into the box.

Ever build one before? Intimidating at first, but since it's essentially snap-tite vs gluing, it's pretty quick and painless once you sit down and do it.

I prefer the 1/100 scale models for better detail, but ones like Abyss and AGE-2/black you can only get in the 144 scale. I've been building a 1/100 Force Impulse for over a year now, because I don't put time aside to do it, and now I have 3 more models to build, including the Unicorn, when that one is finished.

My computer desk is covered in Gundam models.
Gandalf4503
join:2002-06-27
Guilderland, NY

Gandalf4503

said by captokita:

said by Gandalf4503:

Ever build one before? Intimidating at first, but since it's essentially snap-tite vs gluing, it's pretty quick and painless once you sit down and do it.

I prefer the 1/100 scale models for better detail, but ones like Abyss and AGE-2/black you can only get in the 144 scale. I've been building a 1/100 Force Impulse for over a year now, because I don't put time aside to do it, and now I have 3 more models to build, including the Unicorn, when that one is finished.

My computer desk is covered in Gundam models.

No, I chickened out. Besides, if I'm going to do one, I'd go all in and make sure everything was a perfect fit and that it was all painted the way it should be. I very nearly took the plunge. But, yeah, I don't have the patience for that.