Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

1 edit

MediacomChad to ajafire

Premium Member

to ajafire

Re: [RANT] Mediacom Sold my info?

We do not sell customer information, but I'll look into this. Could you send me a personal message with your account or phone number?

To touch on what k9iua6 said. When signing up for services you have the option to have your number published (Free) or non-published ($4.50/month). Once the services are activated if the number is published we release this information to phone book companies to update their database. If you subscribe to the $4.50/month service your number is not released. Mediacom doesn't sell your personal information I assure you of this.
ArizonaSteve
join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

ArizonaSteve

So Mediacom is running the same scam as the phone companies where they charge you NOT to publish your number? That's another reason to hate Mediacom I guess.
rfnut
Premium Member
join:2002-04-27
Fisher, IL

rfnut

Premium Member

I would not lean towards Mediacom following the same "scam". It is more likely their provider that has this pricing schedule in place. ie. all phone companies do this. Mediacom is just the reseller that acts like a real phone company, but I could be wrong.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

what is medaicom reselling? they our there own phone company. Only difference is they are VOIP and don't guarantee that it will stay on in a power outage or weather related event. now what they pay when its switched off there network well thats a big question...
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

1 recommendation

k9iua6 to ArizonaSteve

to ArizonaSteve
said by ArizonaSteve:

So Mediacom is running the same scam as the phone companies where they charge you NOT to publish your number? That's another reason to hate Mediacom I guess.

While you may find fault with Mediacom, why should they cut off a revenue source that all the other telecommunication companies are availing themselves of? What would be needed is statewide bans of such practices, but good luck trying to get all states to pass laws, let alone a Federal law, prohibiting this billing.
ajafire
join:2013-10-07

2 edits

1 recommendation

ajafire to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
New # issued. Never informed it would be published, never offered for it not to be. Had a phone with broadband for 5 years and they never published it. In fact I contacted previous provider and they do not publish in white pages or any directory. In fact Mediacom is PAID to publish the numbers. 7 day old customer and THIS is how we are treated? Tonight, watching BEARS game and poof out went cable. Called in and after 15 min was told it WAS an area wide outage. Then an hour later get an email that they will do a service call on Monday. Call back in for clarification and get a gal who can't use common sense outside of the script she was reading. I think we will go back to our old broadband provider.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I'd love to look into this for you and see what is going on if you want to PM me your telephone# or MAC address.