4 recommendations

Adobe Reader & Flash updates are available

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

1 recommendation

It's not on the page I get it from. I tried your link and it said I have Windows 7 32 bit. Yeah, really. I'll wait for Adobe to publish it to the page I use. I'm not looking forward to a new version as I just updated my other XP computer and had a real mess on SeaMonkey because it is the latest version of SM. Now I have to do it again. UGH.

Edit: Adobe just put it on the page I use. I refreshed the page twice. It was not there on the first refresh but was on the second.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

aussiedog

join:2007-01-10
Colorado Springs, CO

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz
Thanks for the heads up, chachazz.
--
If I can only find my keys...

therube

join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD
reply to chachazz
Just to note, Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 11.0.04 is from last month.
They should be putting out an 11.0.05 but it is not up yet.

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to chachazz
I just updated (non IE 10) on Windows 8 and I don't recall in the past getting a tab to scan via Virus Total....must be something new. I have right click scan send to Virus Total but not this.

I was irritated because I had to kill my internet connection after installing it so I could start SeaMonkey and Fx and not have those crappy plugins load. Is there a way to keep Flash from enabling itself in Addons after an update? I noticed in SeaMonkey that it didn't enable itself because the latest SeaMonkey has that new option (not in Fx 17.0.9 ESR) to set plugins to "ask to activate". So Flash install did not change that to activated like it would in the older versions of SeaMonkey but the plugin containers still loaded! Why? Then with Fx 17, I had to disable my internet connection or both Flash and the plugins would have started.

There should be a way to keep Flash disabled after installing a new version. The implementation of Flash in Mozilla products is really bad. Flash does not get enabled on Opera or IE after an update and there are no plugin containers running for no reason in Task Manager. Why can't Mozilla design a better behaved Flash plugin that respects my settings after updating it and doesn't run plugin containers for no reason?

I wonder if Flash will be updated in the Cumulative IE 10 update for Windows 8 due out today?
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

1 edit
reply to therube
That would be correct - we are waiting on Reader 11.0.05 which I'm not seeing yet either.
Thanks to the therube See Profile's astute observation - the prenotification shows:

Users of Adobe Reader XI (11.0.04) for Windows should update to Adobe Reader XI (11.0.05)
Users of Adobe Acrobat XI (11.0.04) for Windows should update to Adobe Acrobat XI (11.0.05)

--
Canadians reserve the Right to - Arm Bears

antdude
A Matrix Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
reply to chachazz
Aww, no more updates for old Adobe Reader v9.5.5.

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

2 edits
reply to therube
Adobe is offering an 'Update" to v 11.0.04 right now - See the Security Bulletin
»www.adobe.com/support/security/b···-25.html

(added link above)

chachazz
Premium
Reviews:
·TELUS

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to chachazz
Still not seeing it here.

»get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

I'd rather update the full program vs downloading a patch.

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz
The Internal Updater for Adobe Reader just worked on my PC......But not on my Mac.
--
Hillary In 2016 - Any Tea Left Will Have Rotted By Then

chachazz
Premium
Reviews:
·TELUS

1 recommendation

reply to kickass69
They have only posted a link to the "update" file...

In the security bulletin:
quote:
Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Reader and Acrobat XI (11.0.04) for Windows. These updates address a regression that occurred in version 11.0.04 affecting Javascript security controls. Adobe Reader and Acrobat X (10.1.8) and earlier versions for Windows are not affected, and all versions of Adobe Reader and Acrobat for Macintosh are also not affected by this vulnerability.
Adobe recommends users update their product installations to the latest versions:

As well, on the ftp - only an Update file at this time.
»ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/

--
Gladiator Security Forum

chachazz
Premium
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to lordpuffer
said by lordpuffer:

The Internal Updater for Adobe Reader just worked on my PC......But not on my Mac.

It's a Windows-only update.
--
Gladiator Security Forum

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
Rio Rancho, NM
Reviews:
·CableOne

1 recommendation

said by chachazz:

said by lordpuffer:

It's a Windows-only update.

Thanks chachazz.....I need to read more before I stick my foot in my mouth.
--
Hillary In 2016 - Any Tea Left Will Have Rotted By Then

chachazz
Premium
Reviews:
·TELUS

1 edit
No problem, lordpuffer See Profile.
(there usually is a Mac update for Reader).

Darth Bane

@bellaliant.net
reply to lordpuffer
Thanks chachazz.

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to lordpuffer
Easy enough to check this link for the latest version, sometimes they might be slow on updating this page, but they are pretty good about it.
»www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

For example some linux repositories might be slower to update so I'll check here if I should be expecting an update at all, but they have a special version which is only updated for security updates so they don't always have an update when others do.

You might want to try again, I see that the latest version for osx is 11.9.900.117 the same version as windows, and Google Chrome.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.

chachazz
Premium
Reviews:
·TELUS

1 recommendation

reply to antdude
said by antdude:

Aww, no more updates for old Adobe Reader v9.5.5.

Nope...final release was May 14, 2013.
--
Gladiator Security Forum

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
Rio Rancho, NM

1 recommendation

reply to BlitzenZeus
Thanks BlitzenZeus See Profile

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz
Thanks chazzy.

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to chachazz
Click for full size
Oh boy. I hope what just happened to me was only a fluke but it makes me wonder if this is the coming future with Windows 8. I right clicked on your first link and chose "open in new tab". This is on Fx 17.0.9 ESR. That tried to open a link to my Microsoft account login page! Fx had a warning up that the page was supposed to be secure but was not because of mixed content on page. I closed the tab and tried again. Same result. I started Opera 12.15 and it opened the correct download page. I went back to Fx and it kept sending me to the insecure Microsoft account login page. The same thing happened when I tried SeaMonkey 2.21.

Finally, I allowed the page to load over the security warnings and sure enough it was the login page for my Microsoft account and it had my email address ALREADY IN THE ADDRESS FIELD and said that for my "protection" it needed my password also. Fx had warned me that the page was NOT secure which means my email address could have been read by others. I don't recall ever telling Microsoft that it was ok to automatically populate that field with my email address so I don't know why that was happening.

Anyhow, I suppose this was a fluke...something weird with Mozilla browsers...but being the suspicious user I am, I wonder if possibly, in the future, Microsoft will make us login to our Microsoft accounts if we want to get a patch from Microsoft download center. I have ONLY local user accounts on this machine so I can't see any reason I was being redirected to that Microsoft Account login page.

I kept trying and trying and eventually when I clicked on your link, using Fx, I got the download page for the flash update for IE 10 on Win 8....but that was really strange.
--

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz
Thank you for the update chachazz See Profile!

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to chachazz
What the $#%#?

I just tried to install the Flash Player update for IE 10 on Windows 8. The Microsoft installer said the update is NOT applicable to this computer! ?????
--

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to chachazz
Is an update file and not the full installer !!
»www.adobe.com/support/downloads/···pID=5674

As you had pointed out in my: »Security Advisory for Adobe Reader and Acrobat APSB13-25

»get.adobe.com/reader/ is still showing the older version