All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
M_R
join:2013-10-07
Richmond Hill, ON

M_R to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

Re: Shocking info from Rogers!Is TecSavvy lying to us?

said by TSI Marc:

No we don't share anything with anybody. This whole thread is nonsense as we are a prepaid service.

The sending of info from one company to the other perhaps is nonsense, and it has been established in this thread that Rogers reps lie, but choose your words wisely as I really resent your comment that "this whole thread is nonsense".

As the CEO of TeKSavvy, you are doing exactly what I have complained about in this thread, you're not owning the problem, and continuously pointing your finger at a comments link on a Government website.

In this thread I have stated that I am going back to Rogers, it that why you are downplaying a thread that has accurately described both sides of the fence in your companies outage situation? or is it the acvcurate description this thread contains of the less than adequate resolutions and customer service I have received from TekSavvy during this critical time for your company.

I am now writing to you on my less than 5 minutes established new Rogers connection. This sir, is your failure that I had to switch, regardless of the tactics Rogers has used.

I have indeed left comments with the CNOC link bellow as you have so many time asked people to do on these forums, and they we're favorable to your company and its position in this situation, so a flippant response from you stating that "this whole thread is nonsense" pisses me off, even more so, considering I'm already pissed at your company for not being able to provide internet connectivity for almost 2 weeks and counting on my "prepaid service". I do want and expect a refund, even more so now that you have reminded me that I pay in advance on a monthly bases.

It seams like you are spending too much time worrying about the CNOC filling than righting your sinking ship. I have left countless suggestions with your tech support representatives since Sept 25th as to what you could have should have done to improve customer perception and experience during this critical time for your company. It seems nothing was done, and as a result, you have lost me as a customer and have now even personally left a bad taste in my mouth to boot after the fact. Great work Chief!

I wish you all the best of luck with your CNOC crusade, it is an important fight to fight as nobody should be bullied by Rogers et al., but you may want to consider the costs of what you are doing as I truly believe your ship is sinking and it needs its Captain.

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

1 recommendation

corster

Premium Member

said by M_R:

It seams like you are spending too much time worrying about the CNOC filling than righting your sinking ship. I have left countless suggestions with your tech support representatives since Sept 25th as to what you could have should have done to improve customer perception and experience during this critical time for your company. It seems nothing was done, and as a result, you have lost me as a customer and have now even personally left a bad taste in my mouth to boot after the fact. Great work Chief!

The entire purpose of the CNOC filing is to "right the sinking ship", so to speak. TSI is constrained by the procedures put into place by the current TPIA tariff, which is exactly what they have been following from Day 1.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to M_R

Premium Member

to M_R
I'm sorry. I'm not following you... Above you wrote: "I now have clear 100% proof that Rogers lies through their teeth."

How exactly did I or TekSavvy get lumped in there?
M_R
join:2013-10-07
Richmond Hill, ON

M_R

said by TSI Marc:

1) I'm sorry. I'm not following you... Above you wrote: "I now have clear 100% proof that Rogers lies through their teeth."

2)How exactly did I or TekSavvy get lumped in there?

1) no internet blocking filters present on the cable lines at my address either at my house or at my street level hook up

2) you responded to this thread with your flippant remark that "This whole thread is nonsense" not to mention you are the CEO of the company that had my "prepaid" internet service down for 13 day with no ETA or end in sight and did not take the care to let me and the likely thousands of other customers affected, know, either directly or indirectly what was going on. Especially critical as this has been an ongoing issue with TekSavvy and Rogers since the summer, so you should have some experience as to how to deal with these outages by now.

Just saw your second post, unfortunately that's not how your first response read, but thank you for clearing it up.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

My response was a direct response to what seemed to me to be the thrust of this thread.

Above you wrote: "Because TecSavvy refused to provide Rogers the requested information on their customer base, specifically information on whether each customer has paid their bill on time, Rogers physically installed a filter on the cable line outside my house that is preventing me from accessing the internet"
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to M_R

Premium Member

to M_R
As for not giving more info... I don't have more info.. If you have specific questions, I can try to answer but it's pretty simple.. We're paying them for services that they are not delivering. It should just work.. Maintenance is normal and there might be blips here and there, minutes or maybe a few hours at a time.. But days and weeks is simply inexcusable. There's no valid reason for it. They should stop their maintenance or fix their process so that people aren't offline for days at a time.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by TSI Marc:

It should just work.. Maintenance is normal and there might be blips here and there, minutes or maybe a few hours at a time.. But days and weeks is simply inexcusable. There's no valid reason for it. They should stop their maintenance or fix their process so that people aren't offline for days at a time.

In a perfect world yes however the tariff doesn't currently cover maintenance periods.

BronsCon
join:2003-10-24
Fairfield, CA

BronsCon

said by BACONATOR26:

In a perfect world yes however the tariff doesn't currently cover maintenance periods.

They've got their sh*t together enough that they can have you connected the next business day if you sign up with them directly, so I have to ask: What maintenance?

If Tek customers were really offline for Rogers' maintenance, Rogers wouldn't be able to connect those same customers that quickly. Unless, of course, Rogers started the maintenance for everyone but only finished it for Rogers customers.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

2 recommendations

sbrook

Mod

said by BronsCon:

They've got their sh*t together enough that they can have you connected the next business day if you sign up with them directly, so I have to ask: What maintenance?

If Tek customers were really offline for Rogers' maintenance, Rogers wouldn't be able to connect those same customers that quickly. Unless, of course, Rogers started the maintenance for everyone but only finished it for Rogers customers.

The problem is the way Rogers authorizes TPIA customers modems, allocates IPs and routes their packets.

When they do a node split on their own customers the process works automagically so they can be back on line within moments. With TPIAs they have to do a lot more work to re-enable their customers. Still nothing that takes days! But Rogers makes it TAKE days!

Quake110
Premium Member
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON

Quake110

Premium Member

It seems customers should just choose DSL if it's offered. Much less headaches because TekSavvy can't contact Rogers directly (Phone), only emails, unlike Bell.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

When cable works, it's fantastic. It's times when Rogers goes and does maintenance that things go awry.

Quake110
Premium Member
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON

Quake110

Premium Member

said by sbrook:

It's times when Rogers goes and does maintenance that things go awry.

Which is exactly why I got VDSL. I want to have a peace of mind knowing that the 3rd party ISP can contact directly Bell if something goes kaput.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

I don't think, in the time I've had TekSavvy cable that I've had to call them once about internet going down. I have called Rogers though a couple times ... because TV and internet went down. Fix TV and internet comes straight back with it

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

2 edits

Davesnothere to sbrook

Premium Member

to sbrook
said by sbrook:

When cable works, it's fantastic. It's times when Rogers goes and does maintenance that things go awry.

And we KNOW that it CAN be done better (more transparently), because other Cablecos handle it that way in their respective roles as a TPIA partners.

As much as I hated some things about Cogeco's politics when I was a retail customer of theirs, they have NEVER done anything to cause that degree and duration of problems in my Eastern Ontario, nor have I read significant comments on DLSR about them fucking TPIA things up such as Rogers appears to do.

Cogeco does not really wish to be a TPIA partner either, but I must say that I think they are handling the task in a much more honourable and professional manner than what I repeatedly read here about Rogers' [mis]behaviour.

rogersmogers
@start.ca

rogersmogers

Anon

said by Davesnothere:

said by sbrook:

Wow that bored you went trolling for a 6 month old thread and made multiple replies to it.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

2 edits

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Yeah, I don't have a 'life'.

And I was cleaning up some open tabs, had missed out when it was happening, overlooked the age, and went for it.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the system even let me post, come to think of it.

But a lot of what I posted still would hold true today if it all was happening now, doncha think ?
Expand your moderator at work
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to Quake110

to Quake110

Re: Shocking info from Rogers!Is TecSavvy lying to us?

said by Quake110:

It seems customers should just choose DSL if it's offered. Much less headaches because TekSavvy can't contact Rogers directly (Phone), only emails, unlike Bell.

Oh trust me.. DSL has it's own issues.. I've had both and I will normally take cable over DSL because of how many times I've had issues with Bell trying to get Wholesale Dsl issues fixed or installed for that fact.