uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

Upload attachments changes?

I tried dropping a file on the new "drop files here" box that appears when I click on "attachments". On Fx 17.0.9 ESR, I got a "MOVE" file here...not "Copy". Dropping it produced a new tab with the file filling most of the tab...didn't work. So, being curious, I opened SeaMonkey 2.21 and on it the Attachments button no longer works but appears frozen. Then I tried Opera 12.15 and when I tried to drop a file in box it correctly said "copy" file but it too opened a new tab with the file taking most of the page and I couldn't see what to do next.

So, does this feature work properly and how are we supposed to use it? I was able to upload the attachment the usual way on Fx and Opera but on SeaMonkey there is no way currently to upload attachments on Windows 8 Pro. I closed and restarted SeaMonkey but that did not make the Attachments? button responsive.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
Reviews:
·iiNet
It was functional in chrome, but not firefox and safari.

I've tweaked it so that it works for Safari and Firefox can't say what will happen for other browsers though. HTML5 drag and drop is kind of flaky to be honest.

BTW it is optional, the normal File browse buttons should always work on any modern vanilla browser.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
Thanks. I still can't get it to work on Fx 17.0.9 ESR but it may work once Fx updates internally to Fx 24 ESR but that won't happen until the first part of January.

SeaMonkey 2.21 is the latest version and is very much like Fx 24 except SeaMonkey GUI never changes much. Dropping a file on the attachment boc doesn't work on it either but that is OK. I was just curious about it. SeaMonkey is acting strange here since I upgraded a few days ago from 2.20 to 2.21. Sometimes, I click on Reply and get only the full reply box, other times I get the quick reply box. Sometimes the Attachments button is non-functional even if I refresh the page. Other times it works. I've never had either problem on earlier versions of SeaMonkey on Windows 8 Pro. I hope it is some temporary fluke that will clear up.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson