Please any one can help me?
Thanks any way.

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman

MVM

I am not familiar with the 9260, but there are general rules for Hughes accounts:

With a standard account, no ports can be forwarded (from the internet to your local LAN) at all.

With an account that has a static IP all ports are forwarded automatically. The work on your end is just to forward through your router.

Static IPs are only available with some accounts, and generally cost extra.
tobicat
Premium Member
join:2005-04-18
Tombstone, AZ

tobicat

Premium Member

Hey Birdman long time no speak. How many times in the last ten years have you explained that.

I think you even got a new blue thunder since I last looked.

Yanni
@141.105.166.x

Yanni to dbirdman

Anon

to dbirdman
Thank you for replay, this rule is implied even if my account support "port forwarding"?

who should I ask for this service from Hughes or my service provider?

dbirdman
MVM
usa

dbirdman

MVM

The rule I quoted is for US-based accounts. Since you appear to be in the UAE there is no way for any of us to answer it accurately. You really need to be talking to your service provider, not Hughes.
dbirdman

dbirdman to tobicat

MVM

to tobicat
said by tobicat:

Hey Birdman long time no speak. How many times in the last ten years have you explained that.

Too many, but I should have checked his IP before answering.

I think you even got a new blue thunder since I last looked.

New Bird, but the Blue Thunder name went to Georgia with the last one.

Yanni
@141.105.166.x

Yanni

Anon

Thank you again,

Is any book or documentation for how to configure and setup the router, i searched too much with no luck ?

dbirdman
MVM
usa

dbirdman

MVM

In the US version of the Hughes modems (routers) there is zero configuration of IPs and Ports possible, so of course there is no manual to tell you what you can't do. All configuration of that sort comes directly from Hughes, or the provider in your case.

Yanni
@141.105.166.x

Yanni

Anon

Thank you for your replays,

I just get a job in company and they do not know any thing at all, and i suppose to help,
so i got a few more questions, please do not get bored?
How can i know if my account is normal or gen4?

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

1 edit

gwalk

Premium Member

said by Yanni :

How can i know if my account is normal or gen4?

Look at your modem. If it is a HT1000 or 1100, you have Gen4.

There also is a Gen4 wannabe plan called ConnectPro running on a 9000 modem. You would have to login and view your billing to determine

If you have daily data refill, you have a legacy system. If you have a monthly refill, you have Gen4.

dbirdman
MVM
usa

dbirdman

MVM

Answers about Gen4 are not applicable to customers who are not in North America. If Hughes has such services elsewhere they would be called something else, but it is very unlikely that Hughes is his provider, just the maker of his hardware. His account could be Ka, or it could be Ku, but none of us with US experience can intelligently answer about services in the United Arab Emirates.

He said his modem is an HN9260.