Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

1 edit

onDvine to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny

Re: [F@H] My GPU unpaused itself - what to do?

said by Sunny:

... Highlight the GPU and click the Remove button?

Is there any reason for the question mark to concern me or should I go for it?

It would be nice if the GPU wouldn't try folding again in the future.

Edit: You're our moderator and wouldn't have suggested it as a joke so will do it.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny

It's what I would do if I didn't want the GPU to fold. The question mark was because I was telling you how to get to that tab in the version I have installed right now (7.3.6), which could be different if you have a different fahcontrol.

I also don't know how adventurous you are taking suggestions from someone who has never even seen a GPU. I may be a bit more adventurous, wouldn't be bothered with having to uninstall/reinstall if I messed up.
Sunny

1 recommendation

Sunny to onDvine

to onDvine
Did you mods hear what she said about moderators?

onDvine
Grown up Flower Child
Premium Member
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

onDvine to Sunny

Premium Member

to Sunny
said by Sunny:

It's what I would do if I didn't want the GPU to fold. ...

Me, too, now I know it's okay. Got in lots of trouble removing things (like a firewall) just because it was possible in my early years on line (2000-2003) and I didn't understand them. My most recent experiment with the F@H client deleted the local online address from the left side of the display and squirt was kind enough to bail me out.

... suggestions from someone who has never even seen a GPU. ...

I've never seen a GPU either but know you're familiar with the client. And yes, we're using the same version.

It was "our moderator" I commented on; not all moderators. Thank you very much for telling me how to get the whole GPU thing out of the way.