spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tco1234
join:2013-10-10
USA

tco1234

Georgetown, TX Intermittent Packet Loss Issues

Hello, I have been experiencing packet loss issues that are affecting my ability to work from home on this Suddenlink Cable connection.

I have had the 107MB plan for a couple years now, and this is the first time I have noticed real issues stemming from high packet loss. They are affecting my VOIP phone mostly, but also my ability to use WebEx/GTM desktop sharing. It seems to happen during the day; today it was from 10am-12pm.

I ran Pingplotter for about 10mins this morning, tried several different URLs, and noticed the PL was always intermittent on the node directly after, or the second node after 173.219.245.11 - link.sta.suddenlink.net. The PL would go up to 100% gradually, sit there for a a bit, then drop back down slowly to 0%...and it would repeat periodically.

I can provide an upload of a Pingplotter trace over a period of time, just let me know what parameters I should use and how long to run it.

Thanks,

TC
tco1234

tco1234

To follow up, while the PL was going up gradually on the one node I mentioned above, it was not actually affecting my VOIP calls.

However, while on the phone just now, I started Pingplotter when I started having issues, and saw the PL was 100% across ALL the nodes. It happened 3 tims in quick succession, over about 3-5mins.

It's important to note that this issue may be upload only. When it occurs, no one on the phone can hear me, but I can still hear them.

TC

SDL L3Tech
join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX

SDL L3Tech

Hello tco1234. Please attach the PP sample set to this thread and PM me your cable modem's MAC address along with your current public IP (»whatismyip.com) so I can look into this for you.
tco1234
join:2013-10-10
USA

tco1234

PP trace attached, and PM sent.

I'm not 100% sure this isn't inside my network yet. Whatever it is, it's very oddly intermittent and seems to happen more when I am on the phone.

Thanks,

TC