spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Vertigo101
join:2012-06-13
Farmington, ME

Vertigo101

[modem/router] LF help on port forwarding Westell 7500

Hey guys, Today I finished setting up my home surveillance system from Zmodo and I am unsure how to set up the port forwarding so I can monitor my house hold over the Internet when I am not home.

Can any one assist me with this?

I can't seam to find any relative information related to Westell 7500 and Zemodo security systems for online viewing.

I called fairpoint and asked for help but they said Sir, We don't assist with open ports and if you need help with this you need to call our Special tech support number and they will charge you for the call, I said What the hell really? click.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Here is the model that I have for router and recorder.

Router: Westell 7500 Fairpoint edition

Recorder: Zmodo H.264 Digital Video Recorder
jadziedzic
Premium Member
join:2005-12-12
Nashua, NH

1 recommendation

jadziedzic

Premium Member

Hmm, a Google search of "westell 7500 port forwarding" showed several good hits right off the bat. You'll need to know *which* ports need to be forwarded, and that info will come from your security device manual (or that company's tech support group).
Vertigo101
join:2012-06-13
Farmington, ME

Vertigo101

I figured it out, For some reason my connection is terrible now after doing it.

I average 690-1500 Ping, 0.15mbps down, 0.01mbps up at all times now that I got 8 CTV cameras online.

can hackers log in is that what is going on?
I only have it for when I am not at home to view what is going on but this is rediculeous I can't even web browse or watch youtube or netflix any more.

I tried gaming but the latency is so bad I get kicked constently.
modem_reset
join:2010-05-27

modem_reset

i would look at what is being sent. are you using blueiris or other offsite service?
i took my modem and put in bridge so I own the firewall side and do my own qos.