Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

2 edits
reply to hortnut

Re: Yahoo email forced upgrade (again)

said by bbear2:

And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, Yahoo has gone once again and changed the UI of its web email. Seems a bit ridiculous to me to do so only a few months after. Geeze, they must really want to continually piss off users. How's that for a new business model.

said by hortnut:

Click the gear icon on the right upper side.
Go to settings and then to viewing email
Scroll to bottom and choose mail version "basic" and go back to what it was.

That's NOT what Yahoo 'BASIC' was like just BEFORE this latest 'stealth' change, which, BTW, has now been rammed down MY throat as of this morning !

Their recent 'Basic' was TOO basic, and it had some features missing (such as auto-complete of recipients), which even their 'Classic' used to have.

Tabs are a good thing, IMNSHO ( spoken by a confirmed browser 'Tab-o-holic' )

I had first encountered them in WebMail while testing Zoho's free WebMail this summer, and liked them THERE, and when I re-tested New Yahoo Full interface again last month, it had and I liked them there too.

Those fucking arrogant corporate Yahoo asses !

If they were responding to feedback from their user base in the latest changes, then they need to respond to THIS :

"Put CLASSIC back as an option, with a link in plain view, and observe how many of us return to it !"

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry :
(1) That things may never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !
-
START Forum »Start Communications

hortnut
Huh?

join:2005-09-25
PNW
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Davesnothere:

That's NOT what Yahoo 'BASIC' was like just BEFORE this latest 'stealth' change, which, BTW, has now been rammed down MY throat as of this morning !

Their recent 'Basic' was TOO basic, and it had some features missing (such as auto-complete of recipients), which even their 'Classic' used to have.

Tabs are a good thing, IMNSHO ( spoken by a confirmed browser 'Tab-o-holic' )

I had first encountered them in WebMail while testing Zoho's free WebMail this summer, and liked them THERE, and when I re-tested New Yahoo Full interface again last month, it had and I liked them there too.

If they were responding to feedback from their user base in the latest changes, then they need to respond to THIS :

"Put CLASSIC back as an option, with a link in plain view, and observe how many of us return to it !"

Yep, the basic is very basic. I too am tired of the constant changes that are unannounced.

I have found that if I run CCleaner that cookies for yahoo are removed and it reverts back to the "new version"

cb14

join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·localphone.com
·callwithus
·Google Voice
·Callcentric
·AT&T U-Verse
·magicjack.com
reply to Davesnothere

said by Davesnothere:

You have this everywhere. Look how many people would like to stay with Windows XP ( or even better further developed XP) . Instead of that, we ended up with W8 junk. The big corporate manipulates our lives into the last detail.
Honestly, I keep on using e-mail because everybody else does, but I can perfectly imagine living without it.