Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Re: Yahoo email forced upgrade (again)

What's more, Yahoo has now begun a series of 'Nag Screens', one to pester you to 'upgrade' your browser (also my main reason for not giving GMail much of a chance this year), and the other to prompt you to set a 'theme' for their webmail.
Davesnothere

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Other Newest Changes in Yahoo WebMail

Snippets : There is a config setting to disable them, but it ignores me.

An arrow to HIDE their right side ADs to give more width to view inbox or messages - however they return when you change or refresh pages.

A field in the inbox now it shows WHO ELSE was a recipient to each message addressed to you. - This is nice, but not sure whether all parties must be on the main recipient line or whether the CC line qualifies too - I must test that detail yet.

And last but certainly not least : I MISS THE TABs !

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Davesnothere

MVM

to Davesnothere

Re: Yahoo email forced upgrade (again)

said by Davesnothere:

What's more, Yahoo has now begun a series of 'Nag Screens', one to pester you to 'upgrade' your browser (also my main reason for not giving GMail much of a chance this year), and the other to prompt you to set a 'theme' for their webmail.

You are only seeing those just now? I have been getting them ever since the forced "upgrade" went into effect.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

If you mean with their well-publicized JULY forced upgrade, then no, but I only relented and accepted it during September, after 2 months or more of testing other free WebMail services, while using Yahoo's Mobile login, which itself ALSO got changed during September.

I am narrowing the field in those (and have created a comparison spreadsheet table of features and functions), as explained in my more recent posts in the below-linked thread.

»Alternatives to Yahoo's Free WebMail - Pros & Cons

If you mean with Yahoo's later 'October Stealth' forced upgrade, then yes, that's when I first saw those screens.

YesTURDay, I closed and reopened FireFox, and when I went there again, it all happened, for/to me.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by Davesnothere:

If you mean with their well-publicized JULY forced upgrade, then no, but I only relented and accepted it during September ...

How did you avoid the July upgrade? They were pretty much in my face about it. Since I mostly rely on IMAP, though, I did not look for a work around. I just access web mail to create/delete filters/disposable email addresses, and train Spamguard in the very infrequent outliers (spam not sequestered as Bulk, or ham falsely sequestered as Bulk).

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by NormanS:

How did you avoid the July upgrade? They were pretty much in my face about it.....

By not logging in to say "yes" to it.

I think that you replied before I edited my post to add that I limited myself to their Mobile login for a period.

No nag THERE.