spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cat666

join:2013-04-26

1 edit

Hallows End

After last years poor Hallows End (too early in the expansion), this year I have 8 90's all doing Hallows End for a shot at the Horseman's mount. This will be my 4th year of trying for it!

8 * 14 = 112 shots.

A guildies is in a similar position. Anyone else having really bad luck with this?

Kltpzyxm

join:2009-04-30
Rochester, NY
I have been trying since around 2008 with no luck. I am hoping with 4 90s (and 1 more by the end of the week) I will finally be in good graces with the RNG.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
reply to cat666
is there a new mount?

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM
kudos:1
reply to cat666
I have yet to get it myself lol

Roided

join:2012-01-04
Coraopolis, PA
reply to cat666
I have 4 90's running it this year and still hoping for it. Been trying for it since BC. My friend has done it the last 2 years and still hasnt even gotten the helm. Hopefully we have better luck this year.

cat666

reply to JB
said by JB:

is there a new mount?

No, it's just the Headless Horsemans mount. It's a flying horse which glows green, sort of like a Felstead/DK mount. It is only dropped from the Halloween boss though and is pretty rare.

I've done it in 2010, 2011, 2012 with no luck. In 2010 I only had 2 toons, 2011 I had 5, 2012 was literally a month after Mists and it was upped to 90, so I only had 2 again. This year I have 8 so fingers crossed.

It's one of those mounts which many get at the first attempt whilst others can wait years for.

Another plus of doing it, is that you get "instamount" brooms fairly often with a 7 day duration. Makes getting around a bit nicer for 14 days a year (it's like druids flight form).

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to cat666
this year I'll have 4 toons going for the mount... 6 years and this is only the second time I'll have more than 2 toons at max level. I too hope the RNG gods will smile upon my efforts. /sacrifices a mage.
--
Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die; Serve right and justice one last time; Seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain; Cut well old friend, and then farewell.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to cat666
been doing Hallow's End since it came out in 2006 (i think it was 06)and have not seen it yet......

cat666

reply to cat666
My friend has agreed to team up for it wherever possible this year.

My 8 toons consist of 3 healers, 2 tanks and 3 pure DPS whilst his are mostly healers with 3 DPS. Therefore we can whizz through it easily by swapping who DPS's each time.

Stix

join:2010-01-08
Philadelphia, PA
reply to cat666
No alts for me but been running this since 2010 with no luck.
Truth be told i'd rather have the broom mount and have it last all year.

DrVidiBoomBa
No Respect
Premium
join:2000-02-17
Bellevue, WA
reply to cat666
All you need to do is get it on one toon and the rest will have the mount.

Taino

join:2010-10-15
reply to cat666
I have 6 90's going for the mount. I saw it drop once in 2008 and I rolled a 1. Haven't seen it since

cat666

reply to DrVidiBoomBa
said by DrVidiBoomBa:

All you need to do is get it on one toon and the rest will have the mount.

Indeed, but you need it to drop on one character first. With each character you do it on, your shots at it grow, so instead of 14 shots, I have 8 * 14 shots.

I joked with my mate last night that we will be retired 30 years down the line and STILL trying to get the damn thing.

Draper
Premium
join:2010-06-19
Florissant, MO
reply to cat666
Before the mounts were shared, I had 3 Horseman's mounts. I went for several years not getting it then got it on 3 toons in the same year. For those that don't know, it looks just like Attuneman's mount in Karazhan.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to cat666
33% Off Winged Guardian Mount—This Week Only

For a limited time, the Winged Guardian mount can be claimed and added to your personal collection for 33% off the normal price. You’ll be the talk of Azeroth as you soar through the clouds with this fiery golden-maned lion—but don’t delay . . . this sale ends October 22, 2013.

--
Absolution -- MSV: 6/6 0/6H -- HoF: 4/6 -- ToES: 4/4 -- ToT: 12/12 -- SoO: 8/14F 4/14
Pride and Ego -- MSV: 6/6 1/6H -- HoF: 6/6 -- ToES: 4/4 -- ToT: 12/12 -- SoO: 8/14F */14

Roided

Coraopolis, PA
reply to Draper
Speaking of Attunements mount, I dont think it exists. Iv been running the first boss in Kara on 4 characters for the past year and havent seen it drop. My friend has done the same on 2 characters and same thing. Im pretty sure the devs at blizzard are watching videos of me running it each week laughing, saying "when do you think he'll realize theres no mount."

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to cat666
I feel bad for you and wish I could have given you one of the ones I lost when the mounts went account wide. Just like the half dozen onyx cloud serpents I've deleted.
--
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." - Robert A. Heinlein

cat666

said by Kilroy:

I feel bad for you and wish I could have given you one of the ones I lost when the mounts went account wide. Just like the half dozen onyx cloud serpents I've deleted.

Thanks!

As a side note has anyone ever seen a Pink Love Rocket drop at Love Is In The Air? I don't think I've ever even seen one in game.

Deschain

join:2012-12-13
Blighty
reply to Draper
said by Draper:

For those that don't know, it looks just like Attuneman's mount in Karazhan.

No. Attumen's mount is a vampire horse, on fire.

»www.wowhead.com/item=30480#comme ··· comments

Top post.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to cat666
Everyone keeps it out of sight lest they risk getting banned for indecent exposure.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Kilroy
said by Kilroy:

Just like the half dozen onyx cloud serpents I've deleted.

On a side note, it would be nice to be able to auction off some of the extra mounts we earn. Nothing like getting a brand new mount and then having to delete it because you already have it.

Same with the red cricket from Sho. Before 5.4 you could auction it, just my luck I was making best friends after 5.4 dropped.
--
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." - Robert A. Heinlein

cat666

reply to cat666
Got it first day. 4th toon. Lucky me

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
Saint Paul, MN
Congratulations. I remember there was one year, probably about three years ago where it seemed like the drop rate was 100% for me.
--

Roided

Coraopolis, PA
reply to cat666
I seriously may take some time away from wow if i dont get this mount. Iv joked with my friends about it but iv wanted this mount for years. If it doesnt drop this time around, ill feel soo deflated. Congratulations to all that either have this or just got it. I hope everyone gets it tbh. I dont care if half the player base gets it. I love the look and think its the best mount in the game. Will run it when i get home (*fingers crossed).

Draper
Premium
join:2010-06-19
Florissant, MO
reply to cat666
Meh, so I was wrong. It's close though.

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON
reply to cat666
I got one on my druid before mounts were account wide. What a waste.

Roided

Coraopolis, PA
reply to cat666
Got the mount on Sat on 2nd try . I was seriously stunned. Didnt think i would get it. Im pretty excited (wouldnt get off the mount all weekend). Cant explain why but made me feel like a kid again. Good luck to all those who are still trying to need to get it.

Btw are the 470 pieces still dropping? (besides the rings) I havent seen the helm or sword or anything else drop et. I havent even gotten a broom yet, though iv seen others get it so i know thats still dropping.

cat666

Gratz.

Sword and helm are dropping, my mate has them but no mount. I feel bad as I got mine 4th toon, 1st day.

I'm not going to use mine, as quite honestly it sucks. I just wanted it for my total. I use a White War Talbuk as a ground mount and currently using the Sky Golem as a flying mount. Usually it's the Cenarion or Flaming Hippogryph though as I dislike big mounts.

Taino

join:2010-10-15
reply to cat666
I'm on 24 (6 90's) tries already this Hallow's End. So far, 1 Horseman's Helm, 1 Fiery Sword, 2 Sinister Squashlings, 6 Brooms, but no mount. QQ

The only good part is that 5 of the 6 90's are tanks so the queues are basically instant

cat666

said by Taino:

The only good part is that 5 of the 6 90's are tanks so the queues are basically instant

Yeah that is a plus. It's ironic as I did my toons as I logged them on and the toon which got it was my undergeared rogue who usually only ever logs on for transmuting/AH. If they were not account wide, I'd have been stuck with it on a character I never use!