Search similar:

uniqs

Danemj1
@uGotFile.com

Danemj1

Anon

Error Message at Shutdown

Click for full size
I am receiving a error message when I shutdown my computer. It isn't really effecting my ability to do anything and is mostly just annoying. However I would like to get rid of it, so any help would be appreciated. I have tried to google it of course, but to no avail.
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen

Premium Member

Are you using any DHCP reservation(s) for network devices on your network? Are you using the DHCP server provided in your router or from another machine running a DHCP server?

Danemj1
@uGotFile.com

Danemj1

Anon

To be honest, I'm doing so little with anything that I barely even know what any of that meant. I just redid my whole computer and installed the router disc and setup my network again just like normal and now I get this message. I don't really do anything special. I have my computer plugged into the router and a couple devices connect to it wirelessly, I havent messed with any of the setting on my PC as my network is concerned and I also use a vpn if that matters. Not sure what else to say.
bbear2
Premium Member
join:2003-10-06
dot.earth

bbear2 to Danemj1

Premium Member

to Danemj1
Post your IPCONFIG /all; what kind of router?
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen to Danemj1

Premium Member

to Danemj1
Well, looking at the plain english description of the one message you had selected, the active network card with the MAC address 0xD43D7ED82083 (D4:3D:7E:D8:20:83), an MSI nic fwiw currently assigned the IP Address of 192.168.0.103 tried to renew the lease of that address from the DHCP server, which is probably your router at IP Address 192.168.0.1.

At this point, because nobody here can see your router config, etc. I can only suggest you confirm your routers DHCP server setup as well as how you have the nic on your PC configured for obtaining an IP address, etc.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave to Danemj1

Premium Member

to Danemj1
The event you're looking at says the router (which I assume has the DHCP server) said "no" when asked for an address renewal. Ony the router knows why it might say no, but duplicate address assignment is one good reason.

However, I'd be more worried about the service controller errors. Something didn't start.

What tells you these events are "at shutdown"? "At startup" seems more likely to me: can't start some service, can't get the IP address I want, ...

Danemj1
@uGotFile.com

Danemj1 to aguen

Anon

to aguen
Potentially stupid question, but should I be blurring anything out when I post something like my ipconfig/all or my routers settings?

also, this is a picture of the message I get only at shutdown, it flashes for a second and the computer shutdowns normally.
bbear2
Premium Member
dot.earth

bbear2

Premium Member

The only thing I see worthy of wiping out is:
Physical address - unique to you
Any IP address that doesn't start with 192.168... or 255.255....
Not sure about the IPv6 addr, but I don't need those anyway.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave to Danemj1

Premium Member

to Danemj1
Can you ordinarily run netsh from a command prompt?

Danemj1
@uGotFile.com

Danemj1

Anon

Click for full size
Thank you for telling me what to remove.
Also yes I can run netsh normally.
bbear2
Premium Member
dot.earth

bbear2

Premium Member

Your original image showed an error related to IP 192.168.0.3 with the address of the network card as noted ending in 2083.
In your IPconfig there is no evidence of 192.168.0.3 that I could see, and I don't have visibility to the adapter ending in 2083. Also, from the router post, either you didn't post enough or it's not there. So either you took these snapshots at different times or there's more to the IP config than I can see.

You need to resolve this mismatch and figure out what the 192.168.0.3 device is and see what your router knows about it. There should be a "device list" with that IP and/or address ending in 2083.

Danemj1
@uGotFile.com

Danemj1

Anon

So I just found out that if I turn off my vpn before I shutdown the computer I dont get the pop up error message anymore but I still get the error in the event viewer. Not sure if that helps, but I think that makes them separate issues, idk. And that was my whole ipconfig on there. I took the ip config pic a day or two after the first ones.