Premium
join:2000-02-24
Not There
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

[Appliances] Dishwasher Issue?

Click for full size
Anyone care to spot the issue with my brand new dishwasher?

Actually got the thing installed, was vacuuming it out, and noticed this. Glad I didn't test it out first.
--
I'm actually not funny, I'm just really mean and people think I'm joking.

jack b
Gone Fishing
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod

[Appliances] Re: Dishwasher Issue?

My bosch dishwasher has a knockout similar to that in approximately the same location. Some sort of vent.

What's the make of this?

Drex
Beer...The other white meat.
Premium
Not There
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
GE Dishwasher. I haven't done any research on exactly what should go there. Since the damn thing is less than a month old, I called repair to send a guy out later this week.
--

Drex
Premium
Not There
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to jack b
Click for full size
Think I figured it out. Looks like the part I circled popped out. I did find part 574 inside the dishwasher, but that was the only part. Not sure if this occurred during installation though. Looks like the dishwasher is going to have to come out in order to fix it anyway.
--

DWash

@sbcglobal.net
reply to Drex
Not sure exactly what you are pointing out... i'm going to assume the tub water fill hole? If so that is normal.. although it is missing a slotted cap which goes over it, mainly for cosmetics and aiming the water to the bottom of the tub, easy fix (really a non-issue), the repair guy will love it and probably won't even have the part and will need to order it. I would check the bottom of the tub to make sure it didn't pop off and isn't down at the bottom somewhere

Dwash

@sbcglobal.net
Quick question, stick your finger inside the hole.. do you feel plastic? or do you feel insulation? If it is plastic and you can't get anywhere, you are good to go. If you are feeling insulation or some foam/felt material, then I would get repair, as that indicates a rather violent shipment and/or installation which broke off the water fill compartment completely (meaning water everywhere if you use it).

Drex
Premium
Not There
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
said by Dwash :

Quick question, stick your finger inside the hole.. do you feel plastic? or do you feel insulation? If it is plastic and you can't get anywhere, you are good to go. If you are feeling insulation or some foam/felt material, then I would get repair, as that indicates a rather violent shipment and/or installation which broke off the water fill compartment completely (meaning water everywhere if you use it).

Insulation hence the call to repair. I only found one part in the bottom of the dishwasher which was a plastic round blue piece that looks like a grate of sorts.
I'm not sure if we accidentally popped the piece off during install or not. While the fit is snug, I would like to think we didn't push on it that hard to snap that off.
--

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
I would think that that assembly is narrower than (and sits inside) the square tubing frame, so unless you pushed it in at an angle, it shouldn't have gotten hit.

Part of me says pull it out before the repair person shows up and make it ain't laying there in the recess....

Drex
Premium
Not There
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
said by Hall:

Part of me says pull it out before the repair person shows up and make it ain't laying there in the recess....

Definitely going to pull it out this evening...the dishwasher I mean.
--

Drex
Premium
Not There
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Drex
In case anyone was wondering, there's a pump that fits in that hole which was on the side of the dishwasher and a round screw on grate goes on the inside. That's it. It just screws together like that. I find it hard to believe that the plastic grate prevents water from leaking, but I will see once I fire it up this evening.
--

kherr
Premium
join:2000-09-04
Collinsville, IL
reply to Drex
Duct tape ...... now 1005 uses .....