Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

Can't get to DSLX Web Mail

Has something new been added?

I was greeted with a blank sign in graphic this morning. Was taken to Gmail sign in. Used my DSLX user name and password and they did not work.

Is there no more DSLX Web Mail or can someone help me get to it?

Thanks
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
Ojai, CA

I'll be darned, I just typed in my gmail address and my gmail password and it took me to my DSLX Web Mail.

Anyone know if this is a permanent thing?
--

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:26

So... you typed in your DSLX un/pw and it took you to gmail... and when you typed in your gmail un/pw on the gmail page it took you to DSLX's web mail page?

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
Ojai, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
reply to jadinolf

I typed in my Gmail address and the Gmail password and it took me to DSLX web mail. That's where I wanted to be.

Recently I tried to get to Gmail and it brought me to DSLX web mail.

Tell me I am the only one.
--

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

I tried to replicate the issue using your account...

Went to »www.dslextreme.com/webmail and logged in using your DSL Extreme username and password... and it took me into your DSL Extreme webmail. (Able to log in with and without @dslextreme.com, since it's our own website)

Went to mail.google.com and logged in using your DSL Extreme username and password (note, I HAD to include the @dslextreme.com, otherwise it wouldn't recognize the username at all) and it recognized the account as a DSL Extreme email address, so it redirected to our webmail log-in page.

I'm not sure what gmail address you were using, but that's what I was getting when I attempted to replicate using your DSL Extreme email address, at least. Everything seems to be working normally? Were you trying to flip back and forth between the two email accounts in the same browser session? Using the Back button? Maybe a cookie got incorrectly cached or something. I'd suggest flushing out your temp internet files cache/cookies, closing all browser windows, and see if it's still happening. If you're still getting weird behavior after that... hrmm. Maybe send me an IM with the Gmail username you were using and we can go from there?

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
Ojai, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

Don't know Nick.

I just tried a few minutes ago and had to go thru many manipulations to get to gmail.

I'm going to take the bookmarks off another computer and put them on this computer.

I'll try the files flushing first.
--

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
Ojai, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
reply to jadinolf

Phew, this was scary.

My other two desktops connected with gmail and DSLextreme fine so I took the bookmarks off one and transferred them to this, my main computer. No change at all until I rebooted.

Seems fine now. Sorry to bother you folks.

If it reverts back to the way it was earlier I'll come here whining and crying again.

Thanks all.
--

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
Ojai, CA
reply to jadinolf

Nope, no joy.

Same as before. Gmail info takes me to dsl extreme.
--

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

But it's still working fine on the other computers? Sounds like something corrupted on the main computer, if anything. Do you still get the same behavior if you just type in the urls manually (rather than using a shortcut)? Does it still happen with multiple browsers?

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
Ojai, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

Haven't tried yet, Nick.

This is a brand new install of Windows 7 and there's no way I'm going to go thru that for quite some time.

I'll try the others and I have one more thing to mention but I'll get back later.
--

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17

Maybe silly but have you tried running ccleaner to clean it, Fred's daddy?

»www.piriform.com/ccleaner

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
Ojai, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

Yep, sure did, Ms. Alcatraz.

The other computers are behaving normally. Looks like I can't show a screen capture in this reply mode but even if I get taken to the DSLX Web Mail, I can select my gmail address from there. Never noticed that before.

Ah hah, yes, I can.
--

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Comcast

I figured you had but just in case.

Click on more and it will take you to the old reply page. Then click on attachments at the bottom of the page. I think you already figured that out because I see attachments.

Glad you figured out how to get to both your gmail accounts.

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
Ojai, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

1 recommendation

Yup I figgered it out.

Not bad for and old geezer, huh?
--

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

OH. You're logged into multiple accounts simultaneously. Sorry I didn't realize this sooner (Hindsight is 20/20)!

In your screenshot, you're looking at your dslextreme email account (a wider screenshot would show your dslextreme inbox, typically), and have clicked on the username in the upper-right (which opened the dropdown you took a shot of). If you click on the lower account (marked default in your screenshot), it should open a tab for your gmail account inbox.

If you're looking at your gmail account (inbox, etc.) and you click on the account drop-down and then click on the dslextreme account from the drop-down, it'll open a tab for your dslextreme email inbox.

Gmail's cookies can sometimes be a little finicky if you're working with multiple accounts signed into the same browser session. If you log out of both accounts, you should be back to default 'normal' behavior, at least until you sign into both accounts again. It's possible Google MAY have updated something recently with how they handle cookies, but I haven't heard of any such updates, at least.

I run into this from time to time if I'm trying to troubleshoot a customer's email account(s). Some workarounds are to use different browsers (Open one account in Firefox, another account in Chrome, for example) or to open one account in Incognito mode (so it doesn't share cookies with the main browser session).

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
Ojai, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

Thanks Nick.

The fact that DSLX mail and Gmail are both run by Google has caused me problems before. So much that I no longer use avast! I really liked it and doesn't work good for me because of my email program and DSLX gmail. It gives me all kinds of certificate problems.

avast!'s solution was to not check my email for viruses. Great solution, eh?

Anyway, I'm now using NOD32 V7 and that works for me.

Ref: this latest problem, do you have Time Warner's phone number?
--