spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LinkasZelda

join:2013-09-14

[Cable] My history with Taksavvy. I am honestly so done with this BS.

So before you read this and think "Oh no, another Teksavvy hater who wouldn't give them a fair chance" Let me tell you, this is not the case.
I've been a happy, loyal Teksavvy customer for the last 3-4 years. I've moved my service several times, had to cancel to move, but have always re-signed up for them happily. I've told all of my friends numerous times that Teksavvy is the way to go and this company is godsent for internet.

That being said, this latest experience trumps the wonderful years of service I've had.

I'm currently a university student. That being said, the profs who are "new wave" and modern have actually given us Wikipedia articles as readings to save us money. While that's all fine and great, internet is needed for that.
My activation date with Teksavvy was September 10th. Not once have I had any internet service with my cable.

At first, I was surprised, thinking that there must have been an error with my activation so I tried to call. Key word being "tried". After being on hold for no less than TWO HOURS, I gave up and found these forums. I found out that many others had been having issues with cable. Everyone is blaming Rogers, there's a whole scandal over them not activating Teksavvy customers yadayada. That's all fine and great, I'm sorry there's this battle going on but the bottom line is that I'm a paying customer who expects the service she's paid for.
Eventually, I got in touch with a very helpful Rep. (Whatever you're paying TSI Jonathan, it's really not enough to deal with miserable, cranky people like me) He did his utmost to help me, advising me to email the company and ask for a mobile hotspot while they worked on a solution to my cable service.
So I did. What do you know, after almost a week, nobody emailed me back. Frustrated, I messaged TSI Jonathan back and he mentioned that they tried to tell him I wasn't in an area that could redeem the promotion but he fought with them to insist I was.

Eventually, I got my hotspot in the mail and a temporary solution was had!
Unfortunately, one hotspot for 3 people who all attend university is simply not practical. So while we did our best to share over the next few weeks, it was increasingly frustrating because Teksavvy was on Wind's data plan which has their "Fair Usage Policy". If you go over 5 gb, your speed is cut dramatically. Well that's sort of an issue because I have a few video classes. Meaning, I download the lectures after they air. So there's a fair bit of usage there, multiply that by three people and you have a serious problem.

We rang up to 12gbs of data and had a speed of about 20kbs. Not exactly usable if you need to download lectures, or watch assigned videos. Still, I browsed these forums (on my cell phone) and sympathized with Teksavvy's issues, receiving constant support from TSI Jonathan who was still working to figure out my service. Eventually, Teksavvy realized that they made a mistake. They actually missed activating me and forgot to send a Tech my way. Whoops.
The Tech came that week and left, advising me that it might take until midnight for my service to me active. We waited and waited. We even gave it a few days, and still NO SERVICE. Increasingly frustrated, I got on the phone AGAIN with Teksavvy, waited for an hour and a half and was finally put through. The gentleman on the line did a diagnostic and found that there was a certain number that was much lower than it should have been. He opened a repair ticket for me and scheduled another visit with a Tech.
That guy came by too. He informed me that everything was fine on his end. There was a signal coming through, the line was all good, it was just that we weren't being sent any internet which is a problem with Teksavvy.

Sigh. Here I was again, three weeks after the due date of my activation, playing phone tag with Teksavvy. No replies after another two hours of waiting. This is the point where I gave up. I looked up Bell packages and scheduled a Tech to come by and hook up our service. The last step was cancelling Teksavvy. I had to get my boyfriend to do it because I didn't have a couple of hours to spare to wait on the line again, so he handled all of that.
I was later informed that when he asked for a refund, after being transferred to about three different people before a manager, he was very rudely refused. They told him that we didn't give Teksavvy a "reasonable" amount of time to fix our service. When my boyfriend asked what a reasonable amount of time was supposed to be, the manager on the line said SIX MONTHS. WHAT. Are you guys absolutely out of your goddamn minds?! The school year is 8 months. When you're doing lectures and classes ON LINE, that's more than half your school year. Starbucks is great, but I am PAYING for the convenience of not having to sit in a coffee shop to watch my lectures and email my papers.
Eventually he gave up, seeing that arguing and insisting on good customer service was futile and now we're short that activation fee that we never saw anything from.

Thank you Teksavvy for your previous years great experiences, and thank you for ruining it in about one month of shitty customer representatives (The TSI I mentioned before aside), incompetent staff and some sort of cruel joke about "reasonable" amounts of time.

My Bell Tech came by today. He left about 10 minutes ago and I am now writing this post using my internet that was up immediately.

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada
said by LinkasZelda:

They told him that we didn't give Teksavvy a "reasonable" amount of time to fix our service. When my boyfriend asked what a reasonable amount of time was supposed to be, the manager on the line said SIX MONTHS. WHAT. Are you guys absolutely out of your goddamn minds?!

I agree with you completely. They made a mistake on their end, and you've been without adequate service for over a month. I'd be furious.

motoracer

join:2003-09-15
united state
reply to LinkasZelda
Wow...

TSI Jonathan
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10

1 edit
reply to LinkasZelda
Hi LinkasZelda,

Just finished going over everything and I also received your PM that you sent earlier. I will be pulling and investigating that phone conversation that your boyfriend had when he called and spoke to our cancellations department. The eligibility to qualify for a full refund varies on a case by case basis and knowing what you went through and all the documentation from your account. We will be providing you with a full refund. You and your husband have been very patient during the delays we experienced and did allow us to troubleshoot to no resolution.

As some have already mentioned, I should have looked into switching you over to DSL during the delays. I take full responsibility for that as we spoke I was responsible of your account as I told you many times. I am not sure what the terms are with your current provider as I know you are now on DSL, but I am willing to make you an offer to switch you over to DSL. I realize that it may be too late but even if it's not right away or in the future, please PM me directly and I will take care of everything personally as I did with the cable internet service. I am sincerely saddened to see you leave on a bad note but I do want you to know that, if not now but in the future, the door is open and my DSL offer will still stand. I will send you a PM for you to keep for your record if you do consider us in the future.

Best regards,

TSI Jonathan

mikekay
Premium
join:2011-01-29
Kitchener, ON
reply to LinkasZelda
They are loosing customers fast, I had a similar experience and it was never made any better not in the direct support forum. My story was:

Activation, then Upgrade, now modem offline
I have referred many people to TekSavvy. I love the service and really enjoy the level of expertise from the tech staff and CS Reps. But my activation at my new apartment has just been a disaster.

I got my service working about a week ago, after waiting one and half weeks after getting the line hooked up for Bell techs to come out and check the line ( that I was told I might have to pay $75 for). Anyway I signed up for 25/10 which was qualified on the Bell.ca and TekSavvy.com website. After many many calls back and fourth I was told I could only get 15/1 and that I could get a refund. I decided to stay with the service and support TekSavvy.

Now literally 7 days after going through this mess of an activation and ending up with a modem that cost me $140 dollars which could have been used toward a DOCSIS 3.0 modem. I was capped at 15/1, but I said I would hold out. If I held out for 1+ months and the service became available I would say okay fine. I will pay the speed change fee, but 7 days later, not to mention it was the original speed that I wanted?

I've called in countless amounts of times, and I am on the phone as we speak. I would really really like for you guys to come through on this one. I have 4 referrals on my parents account, countless one elsewhere, and more to come on my own account.

Called in spent another number of hours on the phone and got in touch with Ken a manager. Who wouldn't levy the upgrade charge -- he told me instead I would have to get a second modem, free shipping send the old one back, plug in the new one. Get 2 new techs to come out again. Another day off. Another wait. I said fine. New modem came in -- no techs. I call in, I am told teksavvy only gets updates after midnight. I call in again the day after, they tell me I still cant get the speed!!! So Frustrated I now have 2 modems, which are useless I send both back furious, and buy a ADSL modem for my connection which is a 15/1 FAR FROM what you said you could offer. I was going to email this directly to Marc but I really feel with the cable thing going on he has enough on his plate. But never... Never... have I been treated and continue to be poorly treated by an ISP like this. Not to mention my account is an accounting nightmare. I dont even know how much I am paying when it is coming out if I have been credited back for the modems etc.

ACCOUNT BLANKED (Parent's - old home)

ACCOUNT BLANKED (My current house)

I am inputting the right information into my modem and still cant establish a PPPoE -- and just for the future upgrade to 25 or 50. I will never really know if I can actually get it or not. I will call Teksavvy and say hey can I get it they'll say SURE NP. They send out the modem charge me for shipping and I'm in the same mess I was a month ago. There is no real way of knowing if I can get the service or not -- until the tech comes out and tells me they dont actually have the line coming out to the building.

Their response was submit a request there are no ports available. Which means Bell hasn't upgraded my box yet and yet I get nice flyers in my mailbox about Fibe Internet. Awesome --

polkaroo

join:2009-04-01
Ottawa
reply to LinkasZelda
Wow. Even after they admitted to screwing up the order, they didn't say "Actually, forget cable, too much grief there right now. We'll sign you up for DSL and cover your first month for the hassle our mistake caused."

It must be absolute chaos over there. If it were possible to run in the black for a while without new signups (I have no idea but assume so), I'd sure be thinking about it as a plan for a bit while things settle out. Focus on keeping existing customers happy.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:25

1 recommendation

reply to mikekay
Hi Mike,

I can understand how this situation can be frustrating. I read through your notes and I have found the source of the issues going on.

From what I can tell, Bell has not been able to make up their mind on what you qualify for. Going through your account, I can see notes where our vendor portal stated you can get 25/10, then 15/1, then 10/1 and when I just qualified the portal myself, it now says 7/1.

I am not sure what they are doing over there but I plan on sending your case to them as this is very abnormal. I have seen instances where a customer qualifies for a speed but then they correct it but I have never seen it so many times like this.

That being said, I show you on a 15/1 profile but since the your residence shows it can only (now) service 7/1, you are capping out your RCO which is making your service unusable.

The serviceability of our products are limited to our visibility that our vendors provide us. In your specific case, did we do things by the book? YES. We did what we could based on what our vendor was telling us. Should we have escalated this to our vendor as ridiculous? YES.

I hope the above sheds a little light on why things seemed so messed up on our end but ended up being us doing "the right thing" based on the information we had. We should had escalated this though. This would have perhaps helped us come to the same conclusion, but sooner.

With all of that being said, we have three options:

1) We put you on a 7/1 service. I will take a look at what can be done to help you financially with this move as I agree things were pretty messed up.

2) We put you on cable service. I will also see what I can do to make this transition as easy as possible on your wallet

3) You cancel, a full refund is provided... I am hoping to avoid this but if its a must, I will understand. (Hopefully #1 or #2 will be your choice)

Either way, I am here to help. Please PM me and let me know how you wish to proceed.

Cheers,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | Follow Me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)

mikekay
Premium
Kitchener, ON
The internet is working, but I still miss the promised 10 meg upload. I was just sharing my story. I dont want to go cable because of the outages, and speed inconsistancies. I'll just stick with the speed for now. I'm going to sign up with Bell and have them come down to my box to see what is going on. We got a cross box, but never got the actual hardware. They just completed work across the street.

Anywho didn't mean to hijack the thread.

But I really want Fibre. And Bell's portal and staff assure me they can get me the service. So it might be easier to do it through them and just refund/cancel/ revert all charges if they come out and the answer is no. Then to get teksavvy anymore involved.

Crowbar10

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON
said by mikekay:

But I really want Fibre. And Bell's portal and staff assure me they can get me the service.

You will not get Fibre unless you live in a new development that offers FTTH . Bells Fibe is only fibre to the node then down copper to a VDSL modem . So Bell probably cannot offer you true fibre ..

mikekay
Premium
Kitchener, ON
said by Crowbar10:

said by mikekay:

But I really want Fibre. And Bell's portal and staff assure me they can get me the service.

You will not get Fibre unless you live in a new development that offers FTTH . Bells Fibe is only fibre to the node then down copper to a VDSL modem . So Bell probably cannot offer you true fibre ..

Yes I am familiar with the specifics being an IT Analyst -- I just want the 10meg upload, and static IP. so really im SOL

TSI Jonathan
Premium
canada
reply to LinkasZelda
Updated my first post

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
reply to mikekay
said by mikekay:

said by Crowbar10:

said by mikekay:

Yes I am familiar with the specifics being an IT Analyst -- I just want the 10meg upload, and static IP. so really im SOL

If bell can offer it, TSI can offer it (in terms of FTTN, not FTTH. Hopefully it's just a portal issue and they can set yup up on 25/10.

keenmay

join:2010-08-22
reply to LinkasZelda
It seems as though Teksavvy DSLR rep has more power than those answering the phone...Or is it, only the problem going public before they decide to do something about it.
My brother is moving into a new place soon, so he'll need to move his Teksavvy cable internet. I'm never religious, but I pray for his problem free transition.

tekSavvyUser

@teksavvy.com
said by keenmay:

It seems as though Teksavvy DSLR rep has more power than those answering the phone...Or is it, only the problem going public before they decide to do something about it.
My brother is moving into a new place soon, so he'll need to move his Teksavvy cable internet. I'm never religious, but I pray for his problem free transition.

It is funny, if TS helps, people say "...it is PR..", if they don't , they say "...see, they are not even helping me out...". Come on be fair!

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:25
reply to keenmay
The online agents have the same tools and privileges.

They are more experienced/exposed to unique and messed up situations as most posts that come through this forum tend to be that way.

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada

4 edits
reply to LinkasZelda
Respectfully, that six month comment, if true (and I see no one claiming otherwise), is horrible. That individual needs to be retrained at the very least, imo. Just inexcusable

Getting screwed by the incumbents is one thing (and not Teksavvy's fault), but this is beyond the pale. Customer service is within Teksavvy's purview, and glib, impudent comments from managers (or csrs pretending to be managers) do not help situations that are already strained at best.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to LinkasZelda
said by LinkasZelda:

So before you read this and think "Oh no, another Teksavvy hater who wouldn't give them a fair chance" Let me tell you, this is not the case.
I've been a happy, loyal Teksavvy customer for the last 3-4 years. I've moved my service several times, had to cancel to move, but have always re-signed up for them happily. I've told all of my friends numerous times that Teksavvy is the way to go and this company is godsent for internet.

That being said, this latest experience trumps the wonderful years of service I've had.

I'm currently a university student. That being said, the profs who are "new wave" and modern have actually given us Wikipedia articles as readings to save us money. While that's all fine and great, internet is needed for that.
My activation date with Teksavvy was September 10th. Not once have I had any internet service with my cable.

At first, I was surprised, thinking that there must have been an error with my activation so I tried to call. Key word being "tried". After being on hold for no less than TWO HOURS, I gave up and found these forums. I found out that many others had been having issues with cable. Everyone is blaming Rogers, there's a whole scandal over them not activating Teksavvy customers yadayada. That's all fine and great, I'm sorry there's this battle going on but the bottom line is that I'm a paying customer who expects the service she's paid for.
Eventually, I got in touch with a very helpful Rep. (Whatever you're paying TSI Jonathan, it's really not enough to deal with miserable, cranky people like me) He did his utmost to help me, advising me to email the company and ask for a mobile hotspot while they worked on a solution to my cable service.
So I did. What do you know, after almost a week, nobody emailed me back. Frustrated, I messaged TSI Jonathan back and he mentioned that they tried to tell him I wasn't in an area that could redeem the promotion but he fought with them to insist I was.

Eventually, I got my hotspot in the mail and a temporary solution was had!
Unfortunately, one hotspot for 3 people who all attend university is simply not practical. So while we did our best to share over the next few weeks, it was increasingly frustrating because Teksavvy was on Wind's data plan which has their "Fair Usage Policy". If you go over 5 gb, your speed is cut dramatically. Well that's sort of an issue because I have a few video classes. Meaning, I download the lectures after they air. So there's a fair bit of usage there, multiply that by three people and you have a serious problem.

We rang up to 12gbs of data and had a speed of about 20kbs. Not exactly usable if you need to download lectures, or watch assigned videos. Still, I browsed these forums (on my cell phone) and sympathized with Teksavvy's issues, receiving constant support from TSI Jonathan who was still working to figure out my service. Eventually, Teksavvy realized that they made a mistake. They actually missed activating me and forgot to send a Tech my way. Whoops.
The Tech came that week and left, advising me that it might take until midnight for my service to me active. We waited and waited. We even gave it a few days, and still NO SERVICE. Increasingly frustrated, I got on the phone AGAIN with Teksavvy, waited for an hour and a half and was finally put through. The gentleman on the line did a diagnostic and found that there was a certain number that was much lower than it should have been. He opened a repair ticket for me and scheduled another visit with a Tech.
That guy came by too. He informed me that everything was fine on his end. There was a signal coming through, the line was all good, it was just that we weren't being sent any internet which is a problem with Teksavvy.

Sigh. Here I was again, three weeks after the due date of my activation, playing phone tag with Teksavvy. No replies after another two hours of waiting. This is the point where I gave up. I looked up Bell packages and scheduled a Tech to come by and hook up our service. The last step was cancelling Teksavvy. I had to get my boyfriend to do it because I didn't have a couple of hours to spare to wait on the line again, so he handled all of that.
I was later informed that when he asked for a refund, after being transferred to about three different people before a manager, he was very rudely refused. They told him that we didn't give Teksavvy a "reasonable" amount of time to fix our service. When my boyfriend asked what a reasonable amount of time was supposed to be, the manager on the line said SIX MONTHS. WHAT. Are you guys absolutely out of your goddamn minds?! The school year is 8 months. When you're doing lectures and classes ON LINE, that's more than half your school year. Starbucks is great, but I am PAYING for the convenience of not having to sit in a coffee shop to watch my lectures and email my papers.
Eventually he gave up, seeing that arguing and insisting on good customer service was futile and now we're short that activation fee that we never saw anything from.

Thank you Teksavvy for your previous years great experiences, and thank you for ruining it in about one month of shitty customer representatives (The TSI I mentioned before aside), incompetent staff and some sort of cruel joke about "reasonable" amounts of time.

My Bell Tech came by today. He left about 10 minutes ago and I am now writing this post using my internet that was up immediately.

I'd like to chime in here a bit.

This is clearly an unfortunate event. However there are important parts to this that may not be understood...

To be clear, we submitted your order on 08/29, asking for an install date of 09/10. Normally, we get a response back within 24-48 hours, that also confirms the install date. However at that time we were not getting any responses back from them at all. We did not get a response to your order until 09/21. That's right, 3 and a half weeks later. By that point they said the 10th had already come and gone so please submit a new order... That's when we called you.. And we did resubmit it.

Everything else on our part was in an effort to make the best of a bad situation... I'm happy to post the full notes if you'd like but we spent a huge amount of time and effort into your situation.

I'm sorry it didn't work but I do hope this helps understand a bit more what happened as it seems you were under the impression that we messed up on processing the order when we did actually process it correctly.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
said by TSI Marc:

To be clear, we submitted your order on 08/29, asking for an install date of 09/10. Normally, we get a response back within 24-48 hours, that also confirms the install date. However at that time we were not getting any responses back from them at all. We did not get a response to your order until 09/21. That's right, 3 and a half weeks later. By that point they said the 10th had already come and gone so please submit a new order... That's when we called you.. And we did resubmit it.

I hope you contacted Rogers/Bell after that 24 to 48 hours had passed, and you guys didn't just sit and wait. Because if you did...

Quake110
Premium
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Marc, something needs to be done. As a geek, I understand you're doing your utmost best to serve the clients in a timely manner but the non "Tech savvy" won't care, they paid you so they expect you to serve them.

In this case, is there a way that you can suggest customers to order DSL instead? Because the big Red seems to be screwing you at this point.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to geokilla
said by geokilla:

said by TSI Marc:

I hope you contacted Rogers/Bell after that 24 to 48 hours had passed, and you guys didn't just sit and wait. Because if you did...

I posted all along the way what was being done. It didn't matter what we did. They simply were not responding.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Quake110
said by Quake110:

Marc, something needs to be done. As a geek, I understand you're doing your utmost best to serve the clients in a timely manner but the non "Tech savvy" won't care, they paid you so they expect you to serve them.

In this case, is there a way that you can suggest customers to order DSL instead? Because the big Red seems to be screwing you at this point.

Today they are now responding very quickly, within a few hours in some cases. So, they have already improved the situation on that front.

The issue that remains is the time it takes to get any problem fixed once it arises.

As for transferring ppl to Bell, they too have had their own issues but we were also waiting on more capacity that has only been installed late last week. Transferring ppl to it wasn't ideal as a result.

I'm open to those who want to transfer. We had the WIND solution.. But in cases like this one where high usage is a problem and can not be curbed for extended periods of time.. It's difficult. Today we are not really seeing any more month long problems. We are seeing days.. And we have been in continuous contact with our legal, executive and CRTC for the past two months... So we are and have been pushing on all fronts to try to make sure the proper attention is being paid to the problems. I just can't talk about all of that here.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Months actually are days to be fair.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to geokilla
said by geokilla:

Right because calling a non-existent Rogers TPIA number works in reality...

And TSI is not the only TPIA that dealt with what went on in August/September.

The CNOC filing is proof of that.

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
reply to geokilla
said by geokilla:

said by TSI Marc:

How? Rogers doesn't allow any TPIA provider to call them. They have the email system that they ignore for weeks when they want to.

As with nearly all the problems of this sort in the last week, this can only be fixed by the CRTC forcing Rogers to stop trying to destroy TPIA through active neglect.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

This is clearly an unfortunate event. However there are important parts to this that may not be understood...

Everything else on our part was in an effort to make the best of a bad situation... I'm happy to post the full notes if you'd like but we spent a huge amount of time and effort into your situation.

I'm sorry it didn't work but I do hope this helps understand a bit more what happened as it seems you were under the impression that we messed up on processing the order when we did actually process it correctly.

it wasn't purely a TPIA issue. TSI could have suggested or recommended DSL since in the end the customer actually went with Bell for DSL so they qualify.

but that's somewhat minor, the main issue and only reason OP posted here in the first place is the treatment they received when they tried getting a refund for no service for so long and being told no.

i'm sure if they would have gotten the refund everyone would have been 'happy'.

TSI Jonathan
Premium
canada
I've just finished listening to the call in question when the customer called in to cancel. I did not hear any mention of a 6 months time to allow us to troubleshoot. What was said was that to be eligible for a full refund, we need to be able to fully troubleshoot and if we are advised by our vendor that we cannot provide service, then a full refund would be provided.

As mentioned by Marc, we submitted the order on 08/29, asking for the transfer of service date of 09/10 (meeting the 10 days minimum notice by providing 12 days). I was on this account daily (even at night from home), pushing escalations when we could to ensure that we would get the soonest response. We received a reply on 09/21 advising that this could no longer be a transfer as 09/10 had went by.

We played some phone tag and I had also PM'ed the customer a couple of times to get new dates as we now had to send a tech out. We connected with the customer on the 26th and submitted new dates and times. We got a reply the next day from our Vendor confirming 10/3.

On 10/4 a ticket was opened as the service was still not working. We got a reply on 10/6 confirming a dispatch for 10/9 to have a tech go check out the lines (it was an RF issue as lines were out of spec). Tech went out on 10/9 and said the signal strength was fine, he checked the modem and said the modem is fine and that the customer would have to get in touch with us again.

10/10 the account was cancelled.

Now, had our vendor confirm in time (within the minimum of 10 days notice) and not take 3 and a half week, the service would have been transferred on 09/10 and I most likely would not be typing this post right now.

What is done is done, we tried different options, WIND hub was sent out hoping it would be good enough until we could get the customer up and running but that was not the case. Unfortunately at that time we could not predict these things.

Looking forward to the CRTC decision so that these types of cases do not happen again...

Thank you,

TSI Jonathan
--
Online Experience Manager
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

onlinejunkie
Premium
join:2002-10-26
Orleans, ON
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

what I do not understand is that TSI just sat on it till it was too late, I mean when I want something done I harp and harp and push and push and they get fed up and jsut get it done.

I do not want to believe that basically a ticket teksavvy submits to rogers in theory is just sitting around waiting for a reply, so if rogers does not reply and the customer does not go back and hound teksavvy then in reality that ticket could just be unanswered for any unspecified amount of time... 2 weeks, 2 months and teksavvy does not hound after the rogers does not reply after a specific amount fo time (24 hours lets say)????

potato_IT

join:2013-06-20
Gatineau, QC
kudos:1
said by onlinejunkie:

I do not want to believe that basically a ticket teksavvy submits to rogers in theory is just sitting around waiting for a reply, so if rogers does not reply and the customer does not go back and hound teksavvy then in reality that ticket could just be unanswered for any unspecified amount of time... 2 weeks, 2 months and teksavvy does not hound after the rogers does not reply after a specific amount fo time (24 hours lets say)????

Please refer to

said by TSI Jonathan:

As mentioned by Marc, we submitted the order on 08/29, asking for the transfer of service date of 09/10 (meeting the 10 days minimum notice by providing 12 days). I was on this account daily (even at night from home), pushing escalations when we could to ensure that we would get the soonest response. We received a reply on 09/21 advising that this could no longer be a transfer as 09/10 had went by.

We played some phone tag and I had also PM'ed the customer a couple of times to get new dates as we now had to send a tech out. We connected with the customer on the 26th and submitted new dates and times. We got a reply the next day from our Vendor confirming 10/3.

On 10/4 a ticket was opened as the service was still not working. We got a reply on 10/6 confirming a dispatch for 10/9 to have a tech go check out the lines (it was an RF issue as lines were out of spec). Tech went out on 10/9 and said the signal strength was fine, he checked the modem and said the modem is fine and that the customer would have to get in touch with us again.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to onlinejunkie
Also: »[Cable] Delays and Outages - status
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

onlinejunkie
Premium
join:2002-10-26
Orleans, ON
reply to potato_IT
I do not know what you are pointing out...

A ticket can go to rogers and sit there and be ignored... to tell me that rogers ignored all these "pushing escalations" and other requests seems odd... plus they ignore all these requests from teksavvy to fix the "has not properly allotted our IPs so this has caused a distribution issue" problem seems very odd to me.... i have read that problem sooo many times it gets annoying.

to me anything more then a few hours without some kind of resolution to no internet for THIS MANY PEOPLE seems like bad customer service... How many people are actually out in the GOA (greater ottawa area) ... how many do not know to come here and ask... phoning is pointless, and hearing, well we will let you know in 24-48 hours is like saying, well if it does not come back on in 48 hours, then we can start a process that can take upto 2 months.... but dont worry we will credit you something in the mean time.