All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mastsethi
join:2012-05-26

mastsethi

Annoying YouTube Advertisements

What's wrong Youtube? You wants to replace TV but have to say your ads are extremely irritating.
Advertisements in the middle of videos? Get a life YouTube!

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by mastsethi:

What's wrong Youtube? You wants to replace TV but have to say your ads are extremely irritating.
Advertisements in the middle of videos? Get a life YouTube!

Adblock is your friend.

I get none of these.

motoracer
join:2003-09-15
united state

2 recommendations

motoracer

Agreed. It's so irritating when I use someone else's computer and they don't have Adblock. I totally forget that Youtube even has advertisements.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to mastsethi

Premium Member

to mastsethi
yeah wife tiring watching youtube on the ipod and the ads are BS. Sometimes an ad does slip in even with adblock.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
Being in an HTML5 trial seems to help too.

mastsethi
join:2012-05-26

mastsethi

Adblock.
Damn! I feel like I'm an early man.
hchen42
join:1999-12-23
New York, NY

1 recommendation

hchen42 to mastsethi

to mastsethi
Don't most TV programs have commercials/ads? So I would say YouTube is doing a great job "replacing" TV.

BTW, without the ads/commercials, how do you expect YouTube to pay for the servers, data connections?
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada
MikroTik RB450G
Cisco DPC3008
Cisco SPA112

TheMG to mastsethi

Premium Member

to mastsethi
I actually didn't mind the non-invasive text ads Google used to put on YouTube a long time ago.

But I guess these text ads didn't yield high enough revenue so they had to switch to something a little more in-your-face?

Ads before/during or on top of a video, screw that, I adblock that shit.

If I wanted to waste my time watching video ads, I'd just go watch regular TV.
moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

moes to hchen42

Premium Member

to hchen42
Google has means of paying for everything themselves. They can throw out money putting down fiber and buildouts without blinking. it's not an issue.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

I'd beg to differ. Have you ever visited a google farm tour? They must spend billions on those operations. There's no free lunch, something has to give.

In England you pay a tax on your TV yearly, but they have less ads (?) Something has to pay for it.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

1 edit

19579823 (banned) to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone

quote:
Adblock is your friend.

I get none of these.
How are they delivering the spam ads??

VIA FLASH?? -- If so,how does ADBLOCK block those?? (Im sorry I dont understand)
moes
Premium Member
Cedar City, UT

moes to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94

Re: Annoying YouTube Advertisements

I pay for my internet, I am not paying to see ad's. they want to do ad's that is there thing, I have it well within my right to block them so I do.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

How much do you pay for internet? Who do you pay? Do you pay these sites? No. You only pay a tiny fraction of what it really costs. Try to be realistic. Business has to somehow earn money.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS

Premium Member

said by signmeuptoo94:

How much do you pay for internet? Who do you pay? Do you pay these sites? No. You only pay a tiny fraction of what it really costs. Try to be realistic. Business has to somehow earn money.

I'm with moes, not my problem if someone chooses to try to make money this way.
There's no obligation on my part to look at, listen to, or otherwise sit through ads.
moes
Premium Member
Cedar City, UT

moes to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
I'm not paying to see ad's. so I wont see ad's. I'm not going to reply again to this because I've said my peace on it.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

1 recommendation

NefCanuck to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
said by signmeuptoo94:

Until and unless advertisers pay me for the metered bandwidth that their obnoxious ads use up, I will use every legal means at my disposal to block their content from ever using up my bits.

I see it as no different than flipping the channel while watching TV or otherwise ignoring the obnoxious come ons from the "advertising box" that TV has become (and why I finally dropped cable TV altogether)

NefCanuck
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to hchen42

to hchen42

said by hchen42 :
Don't most TV programs have commercials/ads? So I would say YouTube is doing a great job "replacing" TV.
Yea they forgot they dont have any spam ads so now they are trying to be as bad as TV is! (Except its easy to block them online!!)
neobendez
join:2013-11-26
Belleville, ON

neobendez to mastsethi

to mastsethi

Re: Annoying YouTube Advertisements

It's really annoying.. Ad block does work,it's a good option for others I believe so!

hortnut
Huh?
join:2005-09-25
PDX Metro

1 recommendation

hortnut to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
said by signmeuptoo94:

I block ads for a number of reasons - stop the in your face crap and most importantly they have been and are being used to serve malware.

"LA Times website redirected users to exploit kit for over six weeks"
»www.net-security.org/sec ··· id=14420

"Ads--the new malware delivery format"
»news.cnet.com/8301-27080 ··· 245.html
Yep, an article from 2009 but still applicable.

I do whitelist sites and will allow their ads to appear. But make sure all the security software is up to date and running.

my $.03