share rss forum feed

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet

[Game] Galactic Civilizations III

Via the fine folks over at Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

Galactic Civilizations III will be exclusive only to 64Bit Operating Systems.

said by Galactic Civilizations III Forums :

We're far from finished with Galactic Civilizations III, but we are thrilled to start sharing what the team has been hard at work on. You'll have to forgive us for being a little cryptic about gameplay specifics that are still in development yet, but we hope you find the trailer an acceptable peace offering.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=owdjizoi ··· jizoiqVY

The whole point of Galactic Civilizations III is to live up to what our fans are hoping for without screwing up the core gameplay that make the franchise one of the highest-rated strategy series in history. So we're adding hexes, because they make better maps. We're putting new stuff out on the map besides anomalies, because it adds depth to how you explore and colonize the galaxy. Diplomacy and non-violent paths to victory have always been key aspects of Galactic Civilizations, so we're adding tons more cool stuff to diplomacy (both mechanically and on the AI side) and adding more ways to interact beyond pushing your influence bubble into enemy territory.

And, of course, Galactic Civilizations III has fully featured online multiplayer. Yes, we heard you on that one.

There's a lot more to talk about in the coming months, but for now I invite you to enjoy the trailer, read up on the lore and the history of the franchise, and browse through the FAQ. Whether or not you join the Founder's program, we hope you'll come back for more as we continue to pull back the curtain on Galactic Civilizations III.

Adam Biessener
Stardock

Read more over at, »forums.galciv3.com/448971

Official site: Galactic Civilizations III
--
Data - Game-Tech - Nor*Cal

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Nice. Gal Civ 2 was one of my favourite 4X turn based games and I had no idea they were working on Gal Civ 3. This is definitely going on my wish list.

BigReds42
Premium
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH
kudos:1
Why would they go 64 bit only?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
Because 32 bit is so last decade.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02
kudos:42
reply to shinjuru
Nice to see this. I like the Stardock folks, even if their track record can be hit or miss on the buggy product front. I'm actually really enjoying Fallen Enchantress this week, a RPG/Strategy hybrid that I originally overlooked last year.

creamtown

join:2013-10-10
Indonesia
reply to shinjuru
Awesome trailer. Can't wait for the gameplay of this game..

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
West Coast
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet
reply to shinjuru
Updated video!

»youtu.be/iwU6YFOq0Dw

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
reply to shinjuru
Although purchased I & II, to date I've only dabbled in the series.

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
West Coast
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet

1 recommendation

reply to shinjuru

a2nxtcrav3r
Pokes People With Stick
Premium
join:2003-07-13
San Jose, CA
reply to shinjuru
i like 4x games, been playing endless space. gal civ 2 was really fun and time consuming hahah
--
hmmmmmm....