Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

1 recommendation

carpetshark3 to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20

Re: Security Google Switches On Browser Spy Cam in Chrome

So put a piece of tape over the camera and microphone. The camera can't tape what it can't see. Someone will probably do an app to garble sound.

Right now, camera is disabled on laptop. If any app insists, there goes the duck tape.

It will be harder to get rid of on portable devices like tablets and cell phones. I can't see having a camera on a computer unless you are videoconferencing for business. My desktop does not have one unless I connect via USB. I can pull the plugs.

Can't all this stuff be removed by judicious editing of about:config?

Don't us anti-socials have any rights?

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by carpetshark3:

So put a piece of tape over the camera and microphone. The camera can't tape what it can't see. Someone will probably do an app to garble sound.

Right now, camera is disabled on laptop. If any app insists, there goes the duck tape.

It will be harder to get rid of on portable devices like tablets and cell phones. I can't see having a camera on a computer unless you are videoconferencing for business. My desktop does not have one unless I connect via USB. I can pull the plugs.

Agreed. I don't taping a mic(rophone) will help much. More like physically break/disconnect it!

FYI, duct is the correct spelling for that tape.

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

1 recommendation

carpetshark3

Premium Member

said by antdude:

said by carpetshark3:

Agreed. I don't taping a mic(rophone) will help much. More like physically break/disconnect it!

FYI, duct is the correct spelling for that tape.

Lowe's has a brand called Duck. I can get it in a color to match the laptop. »duckbrand.com/
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

Mele20

Premium Member

Target has that brand also and, gee, duct tape has sure changed what with all the colors it comes in now!