Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

Asus RT-66nu Slow on one computer

Hi All,

I have a strange problem, which I suspect might be more of a computer problem than a router issue, but here goes.

As far as I can tell, wireless connectivity on my other computers is perfect. However, on my work laptop, when I first connect, the Internet is extremely slow. If I disconnect and reconnect, the Internet is fast again. When I had my old WRT54GL router with DD-WRT, I didn't experience this.

I went into the properties of the wireless card and made some minor changes, such as telling it to connect to 5Ghz if available, etc. But that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any idea what I can check?

Thanks,

Robert
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3

What is the wireless card your having trouble with? Should be listed under properties.

If disconnecting and reconnection increases speed it sounds like its the router throttling the sessions because of a signal problem.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL

Thanks for the reply. The card is an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205

The laptop is less than a foot away from the router (the router is on my desk).

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3

First thing I would do is update the driver, looks like a new one came out last month.

»downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchR···d-N+6205

Other then that I can't make heads or tails out of Intel's horrible support site. Worse then HP's. It would be just easier for you to tell me the advanced options and I will tell you how to config. But the way, I assume your using Windows Wireless and not Inel wireless utility right?

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast

Thanks for the suggestion. I updated the drivers from the link and when I rebooted (on more than one occasion), the connection was solid. Here's hoping this has been fixed!
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us