TSI Outages
TSI Support
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

1 edit

Outage Report - October 17th, 2013 10:42 PM

Hello Everyone,

Cable customers in the following areas may be experiencing service interruptions:

Reported on 10/11/2013
- Grand crest POI, Kitchener - DHCP IP address issue

Reported on 10/14/2013
- Scarlett POI, Toronto - RF Signal issue

Reported on 10/16/2013
- Nepean Ottawa - DHCP IP address issue
- Kanata, Ottawa - DHCP IP address issue
- St Laurent, Ottawa - RF Signal issue

Developing Issues:

- St. Laurent POI, Ottawa - Investigating DHCP (IP address) issue
- Salem POI, Pickering - Investigating DHCP (IP address) issue
- Newkirk POI, Toronto - Investigating DHCP (IP address) issue

DSL customers in the following areas may be experiencing service interruptions:

•St Sauveur
•Brampton
•Springmount
•Hamilton
•Toronto

About ETAs

We are not always able to provide an ETA for resolution to our customers. As we receive ETAs, we will post the information here. Please check back frequently for updates on current issues.

We apologize for any inconvenience and are working to resolve these issues ASAP.

*** If you are having service issues and are not in the above locations please contact us through the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct so we can diagnose your issue.***

Thank you,

TSI Ashleigh
--
TSI Outages (Outage Reports) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI Employees ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

tki555

join:2010-01-15
Kitchener, ON
Any updates for Kitchener/Waterloo region?
I don't have internet (South Kitchener)...

coffeeman

join:2013-10-17
Stittsville, ON
reply to TSI Outages
Any update?

Stittsville still out.

Thanks,
Mark

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
reply to tki555
said by tki555:

Any updates for Kitchener/Waterloo region?
I don't have internet (South Kitchener)...

DHCP issue means it'll come back online when Rogers decides to stop screwing around with TekSavvy's IP pool. In the meantime, make sure to do everything you can to stop any IP lock trouble (search for the guide on this site) and reset your modem often to try to grab any IP address that does become available.

tekSavvyUser

@teksavvy.com
Why outage report time is 10:42PM, not AM?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
It is AM.. Look at the time stamp of the post... It's a typo...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

edsam

join:2012-10-24
Ottawa K2J
reply to TSI Outages
Since Teksavvy hasn't posted an ETA, we can assume there has been no ETA from Rogers. Kitchener has been down for almost a week still no ETA? I urge everyone impacted to submit comment on CNOC action on CRTC website.

Stephen C

@24.114.88.x
I was on the St. Laurent POI and lost my connection for 3 weeks in August. After 2 weeks of them telling me a technician was going to come to fix the issue I finally found out the issue was with the POI and not my own line. Extremely frusterating.

There was no offer for a credit of my time down and, once again, it's been nearly a week long outage and again, no clear answers from Teksavvy.

I realize this is likely an issue with Rogers but this whole process with Teksavvy has been an incredibly frustrating waste of time.

gl_ix

join:2013-05-13
Canada
reply to TSI Outages
A company called Optilinx had been working on my condo building the last two days on behalf of Rogers, replacing some cable I think. Naturally I assumed something went wrong with their work but upon seeing this thread and that I'm connected through the Newkirk POI, I guess it was just coincidence.

My cable modem power levels and related stats look normal, some websites load decently while others don't load at all. Speedtest can't establish my upload speed and Pingtest can't successfully complete the packet loss portion. Power cycled both modem and router several times, but for all intents and purposes everything seems normal as far as my devices are concerned.

I'm guessing these are the symptoms one would expect from a DHCP issue?

josh7878

join:2012-11-01
K2J5T2
reply to TSI Outages
Just came up in Barrhaven (Fallowfield).

Inkognito

join:2011-06-08
Nepean, ON
Same here.

coffeeman

join:2013-10-17
Stittsville, ON
reply to TSI Outages
Back on in Stittsville too.

steve0913

join:2012-12-17
Osgoode, ON
reply to TSI Outages
I still have no service in Embrun.. I saw in the forum that teksavvy was offering internet sticks to people affected by outages from wind mobile. How do I get one of these? I cannot go much longer without internet.. Most of my job functions require a connection...

onlinejunkie
Premium
join:2002-10-26
Orleans, ON
said by steve0913:

Most of my job functions require a connection...

don't say that ... all the fannies will come on and tell you that if you require this to work then you need to buy one with a SLA.... god forbid you buy internet thinking it will work and not be down for DAYS at a time... few hours is ok in my mind but days and weeks... thats just wrong...

sick of hearing that I need to buy business internet package with a SLA to have reliable internet... ughhh makes me sick...

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
You shouldn't have to. Internet access should never be down for days at a time. But if you rely on your home internet to earn a living, you need an SLA or a backup, no matter who your ISP is.

Fortunately, Teksavvy is offering the Wind sticks as mentioned. Steve0913, post in the direct forum and ask about availability of the Wind stick and hopefully they can hook you up with one.

Wilbour4

join:2012-01-23
Kanata, ON

1 edit
reply to coffeeman
Self edit. Regrettable comments

tomvalenz

join:2002-12-13
Orleans, ON
reply to TSI Outages
is internet out of st Laurent poi down? my internet down in Orleans again.

tpaull

join:2013-03-16
Good news! Internet came back to my location in Orleans about 15 minutes ago!

Then it went down again 3 minutes ago.

Tease

orlnsguy

@pppoe.ca
those of you in orleans, what is the 3 first letters of your postal code? haven't had issues myself.

tomvalenz

Orleans, ON
k1c down this morning up during day down again around 6:45pm

tpaull

join:2013-03-16
reply to orlnsguy
K1C - around the Orleans Blvd @
St. Joseph area

orlnsguy

@pppoe.ca
am K1E and no issues. however my internet was out for awhile 2months ago with RF issues. did you guys have outage back than?

it appears rogers is doing maintenance / nod splitting all over the place, and it is probably related to that. hopefully it is limited to 1 or 2 days, instead of the nightmare scenarios.

tomvalenz

Orleans, ON
reply to tpaull
oh man now I know I'm down. Your right near me.

amajor24

join:2011-07-07
Outage this morning and still out now. My signal levels looked ok. Looks like a dhcp issue.

amajor24

join:2011-07-07
Forgot to mention I am on st laurant poi. K1W.

orlnsguy

@pppoe.ca
if it dchp issue, and it is fixed, it can take couple of hours before you get service back while the modem tries to pull new ip address. a trick is to change your mac address, and sometimes you are able to pull a new ip if the underlining issue is solved.

for example, if you have router, turn off modem, go to the settings, and change the mac address (random value) and turn back on modem. if it is directly connected to computer, go to adapter settings, lan, properties, configure, advanced, and look for mac address/network.

No_Style

join:2002-07-22
Canada
reply to josh7878
Same here.

steve0913

join:2012-12-17
Osgoode, ON
reply to TSI Outages
They seem to be avoiding my thread in direct... Will have to think about this..

tomvalenz

Orleans, ON

1 edit
I think the problem is not dhcp this time. I can't even get to the modem. My direct support thread has no response since 8pm.

Guess I'm not working from home tomorrow. I hope there is some status update by morning.

tomvalenz

Orleans, ON
reply to TSI Outages
Can we get some sort of update on the outage? Internet is everything in my home. I don't have Rogers cable or anything. It's enough I checked DSL reports all night last night using precious and expensive data plan minutes on my mobile phone.