Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

[General] Transfer Ownership (AOL) and Port Number to Prepaid

I am getting ready to sell my single line Verizon Wireless Unlimited plan and convert myself to a prepaid plan. I understand ( I think ) how the AOL process works and I know how porting works to a prepaid carrier.

What I am trying to do is port my existing cell number to a prepaid plan without shutting down the Unlimited account by porting out. It would seem I need to simultaneously assign a new number to my Verizon wireless account and port the existing number out.

Anyone have any experience in actually making this work? I have googled the question and some have has success by requesting a number change and then initiating the port. or is there a better cleaner way?
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

tdumaine
Premium
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

Port first, then call verizon and have a new number assigned so it doesnt auto cancel at the end of that cycle. Then do the AOL

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
Thanks for the advice.
If I read between the lines: if a number is ported out of a single line account that account does not immediately close. There is a delay in closing the account and the plan on that account.
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

tdumaine
Premium
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA
correct, verizon policy and its in the contract that service will end at the end of the current billing cycle