The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

Verizon: Apple has an iPhone supply problem

»money.cnn.com/2013/10/17 ··· id=HP_LN

Yet they supposedly have asked the manufacturers to cut back on 5C production. Make of that what you will.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

said by Nezmo:

Yet they supposedly have asked the manufacturers to cut back on 5C production

Same story came out about the iPhone 5 last year. At the time, Cook said looking at supply chain numbers is meaningless when trying to determine demand, and he was right - Q2 and Q3 sales were great. Obviously "reporters" don't learn or don't care.

»appleinsider.com/article ··· ts-story (Yeah, AppleInsider.. but the overall point is valid)

On the editorial side: I'd be surprised if the iPhone 5c sales are meeting Apple's expectations, but I'd much rather see an earnings report than shoddy reports from the WSJ. I think they're selling a lot (it's obviously no where near "facebook phone" level of disappointment), but I don't think it's the run-away success they were looking for quite yet.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

1 edit

not quite right to Nezmo

to Nezmo
I feel it's testament to the fact iPhone buyers want the current flagship model, not the also ran. I wonder if you compared last years sales between the 5 and the 4s, if they wouldn't be comparable to the the 5s and the 5c?
This seams to be a more likely scenario »www.imore.com/mass-misun ··· c-market