join:2009-12-26
Ottawa, ON

BrettD to Asai

Premium Member

to Asai

Re: Tecsavvy, Techsavvy, Taksavvy...

said by Asai :

typo's

Sweet. Nice self-referential example there, in one short word!

Is the difference between a plural and possessive form of a noun no longer taught? Where did the world conclude that a superscripted comma belongs before every word with a final 's' in it?

Nameless
@teksavvy.com

Nameless

Anon

said by BrettD:

said by Asai :

typo's

Sweet. Nice self-referential example there, in one short word!

Is the difference between a plural and possessive form of a noun no longer taught? Where did the world conclude that a superscripted comma belongs before every word with a final 's' in it?

I personally don't agree with people using misspelling as a way expressing their anger. In fact, people can simply explain the source of dissatisfaction and I am sure the targeted audience are intelligent enough to grasp the nature of complaint(s).

However, there are many of us who do not master English due to many reasons. We have to be more sympathetic toward these people. Many ordinary people don't have English major or in fact know the English language well, myself included. And if we need to be here to express our concern, it is OK to make a mistake. It is not because we are lazy, or don't want to learn the language. Many of us struggle in our daily life, maybe don't get the chance to enhance our knowledge as we wish.

I did not mean by any means that you are being negatively critical of others because of their shortcomings.

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc

Officially, English is my second language tabarnak!

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by milnoc:

Officially, English is my second language tabarnak!

Bear in mind that even the CORRECT spelling of Teksavvy will be rejected by all spell checkers, as it is not in their default dictionary.

e.g. The DSLR one says 'error'.

Good thing there's no 'L' nor 'R' in it.