how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

twotterdhc6

join:2013-10-17
Canada

[Internet] Fibe internet embargo

When trying to order 15/10 DSL for my apartment with a 3rd party (Teksavvy), the order was rejected due to my area being embargoed. Bell's website only show 5Mbps services available for my area. I did get Fibe 25 service 3 years ago at the exact same address, so I'm guessing they're not accepting new customers due to capacity issues.

I'm just wondering if anyone would have any idea about ETA to service availability? So far, no one I talked to at Bell and Teksavvy knows.

Postal code is L5B in Mississauga, ON.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

See if FibeTV is available... if so, they're cheating leaving ports reserved for FibeTV and Internet bundle...
--

youneedhelp

@bell.ca

first off they have been doing this for years....keeping best ports for bell clients, bumping tpia off remotes for bell clients this is not in anyway new

second they dont have to hook any tpia upto a remote, they can run each and everyone of them from the co if they want to and they are meeting what they are required to do.

why would they let a tpia client into a remote if they have someone that wants fibe tv. that just would make no business sense at all

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:9
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed

So much misinformation and incorrect terminology being used lately, hopefully this clears some stuff up.

TPIA is a term used for 3rd party cable, not DSL.
The terms used for 3rd party DSL are;
Wholesale GAS: This is Bell Internet 5, which is CO fed and does not need to be served by a remote.
Wholesale GAS-FTTN: This is any Fibe branded product that is served from a fiber fed remote (Stinger or 7330).

said by youneedhelp :

first off they have been doing this for years....keeping best ports for bell clients, bumping tpia off remotes for bell clients this is not in anyway new

I can't confirm or deny whether Bell does this although Bell would be in a whole bunch of trouble if they did do this and got for it.

said by youneedhelp :

second they dont have to hook any tpia upto a remote, they can run each and everyone of them from the co if they want to and they are meeting what they are required to do.

Any Fibe branded product as stated in the current tariffs set by the CRTC is served by fiber fed equipment which is currently Stingers and 7330.
--
Opinions expressed are my own, and may or may not reflect those of my employers or any other BCE company or division.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:9
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to twotterdhc6

said by twotterdhc6:

When trying to order 15/10 DSL for my apartment with a 3rd party (Teksavvy), the order was rejected due to my area being embargoed. Bell's website only show 5Mbps services available for my area. I did get Fibe 25 service 3 years ago at the exact same address, so I'm guessing they're not accepting new customers due to capacity issues.

I'm just wondering if anyone would have any idea about ETA to service availability? So far, no one I talked to at Bell and Teksavvy knows.

Postal code is L5B in Mississauga, ON.

If the order was embargoed it means that they are currently out of Stinger/7330 ports in your area, ETA is when the add a new remote to the crossbox that you're fed from.
--
Opinions expressed are my own, and may or may not reflect those of my employers or any other BCE company or division.

hogtownhog

join:2013-08-23
Toronto, ON

said by JCohen:

If the order was embargoed it means that they are currently out of Stinger/7330 ports in your area, ETA is when the add a new remote to the crossbox that you're fed from.

ETA can also be when a port becomes available due to service cancellation or move.

twotterdhc6

join:2013-10-17
Canada

Thanks all. Fibe TV is also not available.
I guess I just have to keep checking.

Congestion with cable is quite terrible at times, so I hope to switch whenever Fibe internet becomes available.

btech805

join:2013-08-01
kudos:10

You can also call in and be put on a waiting list, they've set some up for areas where the remotes are full and when there is a cancelation or expansion of the available ports they work their way down the list

Gcustoms

@bell.ca
reply to twotterdhc6

If I could speak from personal experience. Hopefully I can help by saying avoid bell like the plague.
Internet is unusable after 5 pm because it's so backlogged with connections. They have 5 or 6 servers in the toronto area and all of which are overused. When it's fast it's super fast but like I said after 5 pm it's garbage. Hope this helps

-Cam

what07

join:2013-07-18
Toronto, ON

So its just like cable is what your saying?