Search similar:

uniqs
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

1 edit

morisato

[Cable] Choppiness to Hockeystreams

Hey everyone, Found either a Long standing routing issue or Something strange going on With teksavvy Interacting with Hockeystreams.

The service worked fine On rogers for my brother, he switched to teksavvy and Now even when Streaming in crappy SD it freezes every couple of minutes, In HD it freezes Every 20-30 seconds. Its Insanely annoying. if i Vpn into Hockeystreams it works wonders. and No issues with the game whatsoever.

Spoke to Hockeystreams Support they Stated Teksavvy Exclusively has this issue and it seems to be primarily between 7-10 they get an asston of complaints, Went so far as to Say If marc would contact them they will provide a free account to Assist in resolving the Issue So This is a Shout to Marc and Andre and The tsi CREW! i want My Hockeystreams! Please take this olive branch and fix it!

Hockeystreams has even go so far as to Create Teksavvy Specific Servers as I am guessing ALOT of us have this issue.. I know teksavvy has alot of routing partners.. can we fix this?

Anyone on the DSL Side able to confirm if it occurs on both Sides of the service with teksavvy Pretty major issue for me as this is how i follow the leafs!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Yes please. I'll get somebody to follow up.
morisato
Oshawa, ON

1 recommendation

morisato

Great I am getting the contact Info and will PM you it marc so u can get this fixed and i have to say this is why i love teksavvy where else does the Owner respond on a forum , Let Alone Do so At 8 aclock at night and in 20 minutes of the post!

derpnachos
@teksavvy.com

derpnachos

Anon

Experiencing a similar issue please keep this thread updated!

heyyahblah
join:2009-02-01
Mississauga, ON

heyyahblah to morisato

to morisato
I'm not sure if CABLE and DSL have the same routing but I am on DSL 15/1 and man, I have having multiple sites stuck at buffering for me tonite, instead of being smooth as usual on a stable connection.

So many different sites keep buffering ...... argh

metalhawk
join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON

metalhawk to morisato

to morisato
I will add my voice here as well and say I also experience some issues with HS. I thought it was on their side, but I guess it's not.

Poser
join:2002-07-28

Poser to morisato

to morisato
I have teksavvy cable in north york. let me bump on the free account and I'll test it out for you soon.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to morisato

Premium Member

to morisato
said by morisato:

Hey everyone, Found either a Long standing routing issue or Something strange going on With teksavvy Interacting with Hockeystreams.

The service worked fine On rogers for my brother, he switched to teksavvy and Now even when Streaming in crappy SD it freezes every couple of minutes, In HD it freezes Every 20-30 seconds. Its Insanely annoying. if i Vpn into Hockeystreams it works wonders. and No issues with the game whatsoever.

Spoke to Hockeystreams Support they Stated Teksavvy Exclusively has this issue and it seems to be primarily between 7-10 they get an asston of complaints, Went so far as to Say If marc would contact them they will provide a free account to Assist in resolving the Issue So This is a Shout to Marc and Andre and The tsi CREW! i want My Hockeystreams! Please take this olive branch and fix it!

Hockeystreams has even go so far as to Create Teksavvy Specific Servers as I am guessing ALOT of us have this issue.. I know teksavvy has alot of routing partners.. can we fix this?

Anyone on the DSL Side able to confirm if it occurs on both Sides of the service with teksavvy Pretty major issue for me as this is how i follow the leafs!

Never heard of the site until now but do they get all live leaf's games ? trying to find a leafstv alternative since leafstv doesn't seem to be doing web streaming anymore or at least i couldn't find it before preseason for the season pass
mt99808
join:2008-11-05
Chatham, ON

mt99808 to morisato

to morisato
Yes you get all games including leafs. Keep in mind this is a grey market service, not exactly legit but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. You also get a tonne of AHL and CHL games. I had gamecenter last year because it was so cheap. This year they wanted triple what last season cost so I gave hockeystreams a shot. Like the op mentioned the games were unwatchable. The picture was great but the game would pause sometimes 5 or more times a minute. Contacted their support they weren't really helpful just blamed my ISP so I just asked for a refund and they did.

I watch all kinds of subscribed streaming services, mostly sports, both legit and grey market like this one and I've never had issues.

Edit: shouldn't say never had issues but when TS is running like its supposed to 95% of time I don't have issues.
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Well apparently it really is a teksavvy issue, once its fixed tx yes every leaf game is aired P:) its wonderful even has android apps and console support thru a Media server app. (plex)

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

It's not known where the problem is... We're looking into it still.
MikeyPC
join:2013-07-17
Ottawa, ON

MikeyPC to morisato

to morisato
I am also affected by this. Currently using Teksavvy in Gatineau on Vtron. Feed would pause every 20 seconds or so. Using 30/10, shouldn't have a problem for a 800kbps stream.

Go Sens Go!
mmx4000
join:2010-02-16
Ottawa, ON

mmx4000 to morisato

to morisato
On 25/10 DSL in Ottawa, also had issues with Hockeystreams last night. Glad to know it's not just me who's having this issue, and I'm also glad that you guys are looking into it. If there's anything I can do to try and help out, I'd be glad to assist.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

We're working with our transit providers to see where the issue might be.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck to morisato

to morisato
i believe it's simply oversold. you can get a 'smooth' stream from them if you load up a lower bit-rate stream (3000 vs the highest 4500) which comes from the same host. usually i find the 4500 bit-rate version run into trouble and you can see it if you chart the bandwidth coming in.

i've done testing with 4 difference ISPs in Canada and 2 in the US and also directly off collocated servers in US. almost all of them used different transit providers to reach them.

lastly, i don't actually think hockeystreams.com is actually really legal (but that's a different issue).
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Jmck it acttually maxes out at 3.2mbps on Hstreams according to their site, also This issue occurs on SD or HD streams, and Instantly Evaporates if u use a Vpn and then it works perfectly. So no its not hockeystreams being oversold or teksavvy being oversold, it is in fact Most likely a routing problem.
edalzell2
join:2002-01-16
Vancouver, BC

edalzell2 to morisato

to morisato
I never even thought that the issue might be w/ TekSavvy. Interestingly, I was with TELUS before and kinda still am (TSI resells Telus service here in BC).

I love that this is getting looked into though....NEED MY HOCKEY FIX!!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to jmck

Premium Member

to jmck
Hey jmck, is youtube working properly? twitch.tv?

I don't see any threads about those.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc

Premium Member

looks like twitch also uses the same transit path towards us..

looks like limelight is the issue. trying to find a work around.
bbiab
join:2004-05-26

bbiab

Limelight again eh?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

yep. not sure exactly what it is but we're on it.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc

Premium Member

apparently this content is hosted in The Netherlands
Aens
join:2012-11-09

Aens

Please don't pass this problem off as that and close the book. I'm still waiting on TSI to finally do something about twitch which is not hosted in the Netherlands but in several sites all around the world including as close as New York and Chicago.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

it's the same problem.. limelight.

we're not letting it pass... but we do need a way to fix it.
MikeyPC
Ottawa, ON

MikeyPC to morisato

to morisato
My twitch and youtube are fine on Teksavvy Cable in Gatineau.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Aens

Premium Member

to Aens
What we really need is for our New York POP to be online so we can peer directly with some of these networks.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to Aens

Premium Member

to Aens
said by Aens:

Please don't pass this problem off as that and close the book. I'm still waiting on TSI to finally do something about twitch which is not hosted in the Netherlands but in several sites all around the world including as close as New York and Chicago.

for twitch, is it not working properly? MikeyPC says he is fine...

do you know where the content is coming from? we need to know what we're looking for if there's a problem.
MikeyPC
Ottawa, ON

MikeyPC

I was able to pull this IP from the m3u8 file that I use to stream to my PS3: 69.4.225.145.
Aens
join:2012-11-09

Aens to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
If you check my direct posts from a while ago, then it was at those locations specified in the WinMTR reports. These problems happen much later in the day(9pm-3am) and is intermittent. Unless you had someone ready to troubleshoot on hand immediately, then reporting any of this will have no point at 6pm on a weekday. We can also rule out the problem being a streamer's problem as the interactive chat would mention it too (and they do if it is).
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Thats why its good That Hockeystreams is working with teksavvy to fix the issue and they already determined its a Limelight problem.