how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

KoshiirRa

join:2011-02-16
Lake Placid, NY

SB6121 consistent "Cable Modem Reboot due to power rest"

Want to see if anyone else has run into this issue. I replaced my TWC-provided modem with a Motorola SB6121 as per Time Warner instructions for owning your own modem. For a few days I had a problem with it constantly losing its connection, so I looked at the logs and saw several instances of the following error:
Oct 14 2013 20:45:22 6-Notice I401.0 TLV-11 - unrecognized OID;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Jan 01 1970 00:00:14 6-Notice Cable Modem Reboot due to power reset ;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

I moved the modem to a different outlet and that seemed to solve it for a day, but then it began to reboot again. I then moved it into a UPS and it still has the issue. Time Warner suggested it could be faulty hardware so I've replaced the modem with a new one of the same mode, and I still get the same issue. Nothing else in the UPS reboots when it happens, and its starting to drive me nuts.

The TLV-11 notice is normal (according to the Internet), but I highly doubt that the modem rebooting every few hours is normal.

taelvin

join:2013-10-17
Rochester, NY

1 edit

1 recommendation

Re: SB6121 consistent "Cable Modem Reboot due to power rest"

Click for full size
downloadModem Signal.pdf 96,376 bytes
Click for full size
downloadmodem log 3.pdf 111,061 bytes
I am having the same issue. I also moved from a TWC-provided modem but first started with a different brand and a technician came out and said the modem was faulty because it wouldn't bond properly (even though it was brand new and a TWC approved brand). So I sent it back to amazon and got a brand new Surfboard SB6141. I connected it, called it in to modem activation, and everything seemed fine but we keep noticing that it disconnects for just 1-2 minutes and then comes back. I have attached several samples of the Logs showing that it continually restarts once the system uptime gets close to 30+ minutes.

I had it on the same surge protector as my router and the router has no resets in its log. I moved it to a different outlet on the wall and still the same issue and pattern in the log. MAC's were removed from Log (orange boxes).

taelvin

join:2013-10-17
Rochester, NY
reply to KoshiirRa
Hey KoshiirRa,

I called Motorola support and they looked at the signal power we were getting and he said it was actually perfect (based on what i told him what was going on he thought it wouldn't be). When I told him about the repeated errors and the message for each he thought it was either the power from the outlet being intermittent or the AC adapter that came with the modem. Turns out it was the AC adapter that came with the modem. We got a new modem/AC adapter from Amazon and it works fine *knocks on wood*.

KoshiirRa

join:2011-02-16
Lake Placid, NY
Time Warner is investigating my issue (still). If I've got a problem with the AC adapter, then there's either a flaw with the product batch Amazon was sending me stuff from, or I've got horrible luck, because I'm on my second modem/adapter and am still having the same issue. I'm starting to wonder if its an issue with the fact that I recently upgraded from the 20x2 tier to the 30x5 tier. Hopefully its not something like the wiring in my place not being able to handle a DOCSIS3.0 signal.