spc
uniqs
Capt_Blato
join:2003-06-19
Stevensville, MI

Capt_Blato to trumpet

to trumpet

Re: [West] Should I ditch ATT DSL?

Before jumping to cable, check around for a CLEC who offers DSL service in your area. That's what I did when ATT started this whole capping nonsense. I just ported my existing service to the new company without losing my current line.

Good luck!

trumpet
@sbcglobal.net

trumpet

Anon

Do you mean like DSLExtreme or Sonic.net? Is there any more CLEC provider?

taco_hell
join:2001-09-16
Hollywood, FL

taco_hell

They are ATT resellers if i am not wrong

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

DSL Extreme, yes, and ordinary Sonic.net ADSL. But even so, they route over their own IP networks beyond the aggregation routers. I am reasonably certain this avoids the issue of caps.

Sonic.net Fusion is a wholly Sonic.net product which only requires use of the AT&T "Last Mile" copper between the CO and the premises. The telephone service, and the ADSL2+ service, are connected directly to Sonic.net gear in the CO.
Aihyah
join:2003-12-13
San Jose, CA

Aihyah to Capt_Blato

to Capt_Blato
said by Capt_Blato:

Before jumping to cable, check around for a CLEC who offers DSL service in your area. That's what I did when ATT started this whole capping nonsense. I just ported my existing service to the new company without losing my current line.

Good luck!

Ok, hope they serve san jose, because I got the cap warning today, and 150GB in todays age is a bit ridiculous:(

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by Aihyah:

Ok, hope they serve san jose, because I got the cap warning today, and 150GB in todays age is a bit ridiculous ...

There are at least two in San José; DSL Extreme and Sonic.net. Both resell AT&T ADSL service without the caps. Sonic.net also has a homegrown ADSL2+ service called, "Fusion", served from select AT&T COs.