TSI Outages
TSI Support
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

4 edits

[Outages] Outage Report - October 18th, 2013 11:40 AM*updated

Hello Everyone,

Cable customers in the following areas may be experiencing service interruptions:

Reported on 10/14/2013
• Scarlett POI, Toronto - RF Signal issue

Reported on 10/16/2013
• Nepean Ottawa - DHCP IP address issue
• Kanata, Ottawa - DHCP IP address issue
• St Laurent, Ottawa - RF Signal issue

Reported on 10/18/2013
• Newkirk POI, Richmond Hill - RF signal issue
• Newkirk POI, Richmond Hill - DHCP IP address issue

Developing Issues:
• St Laurent, Ottawa - Provisioning issue

DSL customers in the following areas may be experiencing service interruptions:

• Laval
• Windsor

About ETAs

We are not always able to provide an ETA for resolution to our customers. As we receive ETAs, we will post the information here. Please check back frequently for updates on current issues.

We apologize for any inconvenience and are working to resolve these issues ASAP.

*** If you are having service issues and are not in the above locations please contact us through the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct so we can diagnose your issue.***

Thank you,

TSI Shawn S
--
TSI Outages (Outage Reports) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI Employees ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

gl_ix

join:2013-05-13
Canada

Re: [Outages] Outage Report - October 18th, 2013 8:40 AM

Are there no longer issues reported for the Newkirk POI or Markham/Richmond Hill? Yesterday my internet was semi working with some sites refusing to load while others were slow. Today it's completely down despite all the cable modem lights looking normal. My router keeps throwing a page at me to check my account settings with my ISP.

sil

join:2007-06-30
ON
this morning my internet was out before I left the house but noticed this in the Oct. 17 outage report:
- Newkirk POI, Toronto - Investigating DHCP (IP address) issue

I guess it's been resolved?

tomvalenz

join:2002-12-13
Orleans, ON
reply to TSI Outages
Well internet is down in Orleans. K1C postal code. Seen others mention it too. This status is not really a current status, it's from what appears to be days ago. Really not liking the St Laurent POI.

amajor24

join:2011-07-07
Mine has been down since yesterday as well. Though it looked more like a DHCP issue than an RF signal issue to me. K1W. POI ST Laurant

tpaull

join:2013-03-16
reply to tomvalenz
Yep, confirming K1C Orleans (Orleans blvd @ St. Joseph) still down as of this morning. My router kept toggling back and forth from trying to get a signal from the cable modem, to trying to get a signal from the POI;

I've already burned through a lot of cell data so I'm really hoping its back up tonight

gl_ix

join:2013-05-13
Canada
reply to sil
Yup it supposedly has. I called tech support this morning and they had me do a factory reset on my cable modem by unhooking the coaxial line and using a paperclip which fixed it for me, L3T postal code. Totally new IP now which I've never seen any part of before.

dragonzealot

join:2011-07-28
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Outages
Newkirk POI, down this morning, can't get IP address, all lights on modem are normal.

TSI Outages
TSI Support
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Outages
Update,

Added
Reported on 10/18/2013
• Newkirk POI, Richmond Hill - RF signal issue

tomvalenz

join:2002-12-13
Orleans, ON
reply to tpaull
said by tpaull:

Yep, confirming K1C Orleans (Orleans blvd @ St. Joseph) still down as of this morning. My router kept toggling back and forth from trying to get a signal from the cable modem, to trying to get a signal from the POI;

I've already burned through a lot of cell data so I'm really hoping its back up tonight

Yes same here. My mobile plan is with Rogers and it's only 1 gig data but the plan was appropriate for my uses. No internet means everything at home is dead in the water. TV, Phone etc. I'm sure it's another one of those "Rogers doing whatever they feel like and whenever". I hope it is resolved sooner than later.

mboyerm

join:2012-12-05
Orleans, ON
reply to amajor24
Internet service is now working at my place (K1W). Had the same issue as you (not getting an IP from DHCP) but finally got one yesterday.

whininguser

join:2007-11-06
York, ON
reply to TSI Outages

Re: [Outages] Outage Report - October 18th, 2013 11:40 AM*updated

DSL frequent disconnection right now in North York (M2N)

witchrobin

join:2008-04-02
reply to TSI Outages
Internet down since yesterday morning north Richmond Hill.

Looks like the modem unable to get a WAN IP. Modem lights seems normal. I was using SMC modem in bridged mode. Have tried defaulting modem and using builtin gateway.

Here is modem stats

»dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9376···ower.PNG

Any idea what I can try?

TSI ShawnS
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
kudos:5
Hello witchrobin,

The signals are fine,

Very possible that you are having a DHCP issue, (Where an IP is not being assigned to your modem.)

I see that you have already posted in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum, I will open a repair ticket for you.

Thank you,
TSI Shawn S.
--
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

TSI Outages
TSI Support
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Outages
*Update*

Added

• Newkirk POI, Richmond Hill - DHCP IP address issue

Developing Issues:
• St Laurent, Ottawa - Provisioning issue

DSL issues:

• Laval
• Windsor

Thank you
TSI Shawn S

JBT5

join:2009-01-01
reply to TSI Outages
Internet has been down the entire day in Paris, Ontario and service has been poor for over a month now (constant disconnects and lag spike)

Having done 10+ hours of on hold waiting with you guys in the past few weeks im not doing it again.

fix your service and don't offer what you can't provide.

my info is in the direct support forum.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
despite problems remaining high, there aren't any wait times right now.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

pandamandan

join:2013-10-17
reply to TSI Outages
Hi,
I was just wondering if rogers/teksavvy are able to work through these issues over the weekend? or will affected users have to wait until monday to see any progress?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
We have been assured that they continue to work on these through the weekend. I made it a specific point to know. They say that yes, they do work on these problem over the weekend.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

callous99

@nltelcom.com
Back up on Richmond hill area - thank you for keeping up on the issues and pressing r ogers on the repairs

I am seeing that 1 of my 4 upstreams on my dcm476 down. Not sure if this was recent or due to this technical issues since last night

OOOOS4

join:2010-03-30
Osgoode, ON
reply to TSI Outages
Going on 4 days down in Embrun.. This is getting a bit much even for my decent reserve of patience..

pandamandan

join:2013-10-17
reply to callous99
aw, got all excited there, but still down in thornhill.

amajor24

join:2011-07-07
reply to TSI Outages
Hi Marc,

I finally got back online yesterday at around 5PM St Laurant POI. Can you update everyone on what the issue was/is?

I recommended you guys to several neighbours that are now using Teksavvy. I hear it from them when there are outages like this

They also complain about CSR wait times and complain about the support. I am in support in this industry as well so I have an understanding of this so I don't share that complaint with them.

What would be nice is if we knew what the issues were and why they happen and how it can last for multiple days? The last update for ST Laurant was a provisioning issue?

Thanks!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
That's great that you're back online and thanks for the support.

It's all related to upgrades that Rogers is doing on the network... They don't give specifics past that. (Nor would you get any if you were a direct customer)

Wait times have greatly improved, and generally people equate long wait times with poor support.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

chobi6

join:2010-09-06

Outage Report - October 18th, 2013 11:40 AM*updated

Hi, here in Laval this morning is very slow 25% of the speed
(2mb download instead of 8).
lately every evening from 6-9 getting slow, can't even watch YouTube

OOOOS4

join:2010-03-30
Osgoode, ON
reply to amajor24

Re: [Outages] Outage Report - October 18th, 2013 11:40 AM*updated

I'm not back online and I stopped recommending TekSavvy a while ago.. Last I tried Rogers gave the guy such a deal that he could not say no..

Rshash

@stsn.com
reply to amajor24
Hi Marc,

I am living in Manorheights street, Richmond Hill, ON. We lost internet connection from Thursday night. Do you have any ETA to resolve this issue?

Thanks and Regards

Ramin

josh7878

join:2012-11-01
K2J5T2
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

That's great that you're back online and thanks for the support.

It's all related to upgrades that Rogers is doing on the network... They don't give specifics past that. (Nor would you get any if you were a direct customer)

Wait times have greatly improved, and generally people equate long wait times with poor support.

When calling in for support around 4:30pm earlier in the week, I got a tech support agent immediately. No wait. Was pleasantly surprised.

witchrobin

join:2008-04-02
I have been down since Thrusday in Richmond Hill. My issue is I am not able to get a IP. I have posted in the direct forum already with the information requested by TSI support.

My signals are good, just no WAN IP. I have a SMC modem with built in router functionality. Normally, i have the modem in bridge modem and use an external router to obtain the WAN IP. Since the problem started, I have followed TSI instructions and defaulted the modem. Now i am using the builtin router functionalty of the SMC modem.

TSI support keeps insisting i directly connect my laptop to the SMC and then do a ipconfig /ALL and give them the info or they can't do anything.

Obvisouly, the builtin DHCP server on the SMC will assign my laptop an internal ip say 192.168.0.10. I believe they are looking for 169.x.x.x to show that no IP is getting assigned. Of course this is not going to happen.

I already provided TSI with screen shot of the SMC status showing no WAN IP.

I even left the modem disconnected all night to see if it's something to do with MAC locking. Reconnecting this morning and still no WAN IP. The online light on the modem is blinking (and acording to the manual, it means obtaining IP).

I think i have done all i can on my part. So, TSI Marc could you please have someone more knowledgeable to looking to this instead of having random support rep keep on asking me for ipconfig /all output (which i finally did provide - i have no idea how that is even useful).

faaf

@216.177.129.x
same thing with me. im pretty frustrated