Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Torrid Zone

join:2009-06-13
Carmel, NY
reply to kevin12345

Re: [WIN8] Win 8 to 8.1 breaks a few apps

I tried reinstalling the Skydrive and Skype app but I still can't use them unless I switch to Microsoft account on my PC. Not sure what I'm going to do. I may try switching to a Microsoft account to see if I can get the apps to work and switch back to a local again. PITA.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

said by Torrid Zone:

I tried reinstalling the Skydrive and Skype app but I still can't use them

You can use the skype for desktop, that is what I am running on 8.1

>>https://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-windows/

»www.skype.com/en/download-skype/···windows/

Torrid Zone

Carmel, NY

1 edit

1 recommendation

Your right that works fine. Skydrive though will not work like it used to unless you sign in with a MS account. This is a shame because I use Skydrive to share hundreds of photos and other files between our family computers. My account is up for renewal soon so I'm going to cancel and find an alternative. Actually I found something call syncdriver for Skydrive. I'll try that first before cancelling.

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
San Jose, CA
reply to Torrid Zone

said by Torrid Zone:

I tried reinstalling the Skydrive and Skype app but I still can't use them unless I switch to Microsoft account on my PC. Not sure what I'm going to do. I may try switching to a Microsoft account to see if I can get the apps to work and switch back to a local again. PITA.

skydrive apps depreciated, because skydrive is fully integrated into 8.1, perhaps?
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

Torrid Zone

Carmel, NY

The Skydrive app wasn't broken but as you said it was integrated into windows 8.1 so that one needs to login with a MS account to use the app. I did however find a work around for now by either mapping my Skydrive or installing a free utility that syncs with it.